• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I don't care if I get recognized as a girl or a guy, as same as I don't mind being a girl or a guy. I have more girly moments in my life and then I have more boyish moments. Right now I'm in a very girly moment right now, and I love it <3

I have gone through many different identity phases, bouncing around all diffrent trans and non trans identitys, however I've found myself most happy when I'm just apathetic to gender and just kind of go with the flow; if I'm girly then I am girly, and if I'm not then I'm not, simple as that n,n'

Right now I'm in a really girly phase for example however one week from now I could be out of it and just be in a "eh, whatever" kind of mood towards my gender. Sometimes its hard to explain to people around me, so if there is confusion I understand. Not a lot around here seem to understand that I like relax on the raft on gender river than to try to stir the boat one way or another u,u'

but as I said; really don't care as its really something between me, the glitter, the stockings, and myself again. n,n

Years
I hope someday in the future everyone will just "go with the flow." Like, not everyone being genderfluid or genderqueer or anything like that necessarily. Just that no one will wonder or care if you're male or female or both or neither or if you're not the same thing you were last week.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I know I'm not part of the club or anything but I always wanted to ask this question. It was in my mind for a little while now. It's mostly directed to those who change genders through an operation : Why would you do it?
I don't quite get why one would like to change his gender and if possible, I'd like to get some answers on it. I mean no harm and excuse me if this offense anyone in any manner.

Years
There are people who grow up feeling that their body and soul don't match. So they decide to match the body to the soul.

Years
I hope someday in the future everyone will just "go with the flow." Like, not everyone being genderfluid or genderqueer or anything like that necessarily. Just that no one will wonder or care if you're male or female or both or neither or if you're not the same thing you were last week.

I'm back! Work is crazy *dies*

Anyway, I totally agree with this. The older I get, the more I really don't care what gender a person is.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
I know I'm not part of the club or anything but I always wanted to ask this question. It was in my mind for a little while now. It's mostly directed to those who change genders through an operation : Why would you do it?
I don't quite get why one would like to change his gender and if possible, I'd like to get some answers on it. I mean no harm and excuse me if this offense anyone in any manner.

Non-hateful questions are very welcome, as far as I know. It only takes a little effort to understand it, even if you don't accept it, as long as you're not actively going against it. In answer, it's not just a change -- it's a correction. A bug fix, so to speak.

Think about this: if something in your body wasn't wired properly according to your brain, wouldn't you want to have that resolved?

If there's a bug in your game that affects how the end-user plays it, like a clipping issue or models that aren't being rendered incorrectly (such as parts being too big or too small), you'd want to get rid of the bug so the player can fully enjoy the game.

For a minority of players it's tolerable, even if they can't really enjoy it; they just want to get through the game. For others, they find debilitating issues surrounding that bug, preventing them from progressing; in severe cases, such as a total lack of tech support (or worse, tech support laughs at the player and/or blames them for the bug), players can throw in the controller and give up on the game altogether. (This is, of course, to imply attempts at suicide. Many transpeople have attempted suicide due to lack of support and mockery from the people they need the emotional strength from.)

You can also relate it to a phantom limb sensation, since that's something nearly everyone understands. The limb isn't there after you've lost it, but your brain still thinks it is due to wiring; it's a part of your body, even if it isn't there, and your brain knows it. Therefore, you feel as if the limb was still attached to you. For transpeople, this is one explanation of how their brain-body relationship works.

It isn't so much as being "a man trapped in a woman's body" or vice versa. I actually find this phrasing offensive when used personally. My body is, in fact, mine; there are just some bugs in the programming.

Hopefully this helps you understand it in more personal terms (rather than social or spiritual) if at least a bit.

Also, instead of double-posting under the new account, announcement time as if my signature wasn't enough: I'm moving accounts for very little reason besides wanting to move accounts to coincide with various other movements (and potential, hopeful movements) going on in my life, so I'll be posting under that one from now on.

Last edited:
Years
Imagine that suddenly everybody have feet instead of hands and vice versa, but you still feel how you do now. Everyone tells you it's normal to have feet on your arms and hands on your legs, but you feel that you have to have hands on your arms. It's just something you know is right for you.

The simplest way of explaining it is that it comes down to being comfortable with yourself. Most people don't worry about this aspect of themselves because they're already comfortable with that part of themselves. They are biologically male or female, people treat them male or female, and that's how they feel about themselves.

There are people who are only sort of uncomfortable up through people who are very uncomfortable and depending on what each person feels they need to do to be themselves determines if they'll have surgeries or hormones. Not everyone will have the same exact reasons or experiences though.

FenrirDarkWolf

Water Musician Fenrir
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Heyo everyone~
I realized that I haven't posted in a while, so...
Hello everyone, I'm trying to get back lol

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Guys... guuuuuys...

I need halp.

Imput.

Celery.

Something.

I had a ****ing revelation at a wrong damn time. And I now want to beat myself over the head with a fish because dammit I'm an idiot.

A BIG ****ING FISH. LIKE A TUNA OR SOMETHING, or maybe a whale shark, because **** it's a whale and a shark.

You know, I thought I had myself pretty locked down. I knew who I was, and I wasn't going to let others change that.

I'm twitchy again, I should stop that.

Bisexuality, it's... a thing. Was my thing. I was bi, happy to be so, because that was me. I've dated guys and gals, hell was engaged to a guy for a little while before things fell apart for us.

In fact, I'm dating a guy now. He think's it's a relationship, and yet here I am in the corner screaming asking myself what in the sam diddly hell I was thinking. Just... NOPENOPENOPE.

I now realize how freaking gay I am.

As in. All gay.

I don't even know what I'm asking for. I don't even know what I'm really saying. I feel a mix of happy with extreme confusion.

Hello my name is Phantom, and I'm lesbian. Or at least I'm pretty damn sure. Like, 98.786972% sure.

Yeah, I'm sure. I'm just really hyper and confused.

I don't even know what I'm doing. Though I think it's safe to say I'll be breaking up with him.

Years
Are you sure that it's because he's a dude, and not just because the two of you don't get along well? I don't want to sound like I'm suspicious of your intentions or anything - it's just that you say you're sure and you're confused, and I don't know what to make of that.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
I think it's a good thing you're figuring out who you are. I feel bad for the dude though.

Being unsure is uncomfortable. Speaking of that, I was 100% sure I was lesbian a couple months ago and now I'm questioning whether or not I'm trans. :\

I don't think I am though.

I guess you can join the lesbian club then? :p

We have been dating a total of two weeks, actually been on four/five dates. I feel bad for him too. I feel bad for doing this, I mean in his shoes I'd be upset, but maybe I should think about myself for once.

Are you sure that it's because he's a dude, and not just because the two of you don't get along well? I don't want to sound like I'm suspicious of your intentions or anything - it's just that you say you're sure and you're confused, and I don't know what to make of that.

It's not him. He's actually a sweet guy.

I just don't want that life. I see myself happiest with another woman. I think the confusion was how random as **** this revelation appeared. Just this morning my first thought was, "Yup, I'm pretty damn gay."

In all seriousness, I've been in my head all day, thinking. (I was a bit jumpy before) I just looked back at all my relationships that ever meant something. I was always happiest when I was dating another woman. With men I always felt uncomfortable somehow, like I had to fill a role that just wasn't... me. I've always said that I date women completely different than I date men. But the thing is, how I act, who I am is more natural when I am with a woman I care about.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I was always happiest when I was dating another woman. With men I always felt uncomfortable somehow, like I had to fill a role that just wasn't... me. I've always said that I date women completely different than I date men. But the thing is, how I act, who I am is more natural when I am with a woman I care about.

That is exactly how I feel. I feel happy and comfortable with women. It feels natural and it feels right. When I think of myself with a guy, it just doesn't compute in my head. I can be friends with guys, but there isn't the same kind of connection I feel with women. With women, I feel a deep, emotional connection. With guys, it is just kind of whatever. I could never date one because they don't make me feel the same way girls do. I feel so comfortable when I am with my girlfriend. It feels so natural and I know that I want to be with women the rest of my life, particularly her.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
I CAME OUT TO ANOTHER PERSON TODAY :D

Me: I updated my fb (facebook)
*She looks at my facebook*
Her: Err is there something wrong with your fb? It says you're attracted to men (GAY)
Me: I know :3
Her: Soo your attracted to X (My (male) friend)
Me: NO XD
Her: Y, Z (Both (male) friends)
Me: NO
Her: I don't know if I should believe you
Me: It wasn't obvious? :P

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
Years
I love the assumption that people who have preferences outside of the opposite sex that there is an assumption that they like everyone of the other sex, or they "put out" for everyone of that other sex. Its even worse for pans and bisexual people where their are assumptions that they love everyone and will do anyone. u,u

Years
I love the assumption that people who have preferences outside of the opposite sex that there is an assumption that they like everyone of the other sex, or they "put out" for everyone of that other sex. Its even worse for pans and bisexual people where their are assumptions that they love everyone and will do anyone. u,u
While that's true, and dumb, I think part of it is that people really like to know who's attracted to who. People like to gossip and play matchmaker so they wanna know who could be attracted to whom at any moment.

Moist

other in a month When you,
Years
Today at school the friend who I came out to yesterday came out to me as Bisexual!

She likes pokemon as well... I have an ingenious idea >:)

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
Years
But yes, the stereotype of bi and pans trying to **** everyone they meet needs to stop. It's inappropriate. Only some idiots actually do that

I.e. my cousin. Occasionally he just slips into convo "so uh.... have you gotten laid yet?" It's quite annoying really.

Also this is Aeon. I have switched to a different account in order to accomodate my slowly impending changes to my life (pretty much starting fresh for the most part.)

Years
Oh I was wondering who you were. :p

Speaking of that, I hate it when my mom or grandmother asks, "So who do you like?". It makes me so uncomfortable and I usually have to lie..

I know exactly how you feel.

Every time I go to a get together with my mom's family (a huge farming family, and most of my aunts and uncles, and a fair number of my cousins, who are all at least 15 years older than me, got married quite young), I get asked (mostly by my uncles) why I didn't bring my boyfriend.

So of course I say "because I don't have one."

And nobody ever believes me. They all just think I'm embarrassed. And I doubt me coming out as ace will change any of that, at least with my extended family.

It's starting to get weird with my sister too. She's six years younger than me, so it wasn't until a couple years ago that we really started getting along and actually being able to have real conversations. But now she's gotten to that stage in life where when she says a guy is "cute" she means it in, well... a totally different way than I do, haha. I've been trying to slowly work my way into telling her I'm ace, just by being careful about how I phrase things, and mentioning things like how I don't find certain ("conventionally attractive") actors attractive, but I do like the way certain actors look not because I find them attractive but because they have an interesting face.

I'll get there eventually I guess.

I'll probably just blurt it out one day without meaning to. That's the way these things usually happen with me, haha XD

Back