• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Digimon: Operation Digipedia[Digivoution Beta 1.0 Released!!!]

This is a Digimon hack of an English Fire Red 1.0 ROM. I was recently searching the forums for a hack like mine, but to my dismay I found none that had even released an alpha or beta(though Digimon Reload is getting close). My solution: create my own. Thus, Operation Digipedia was born.

Now onto this hack:

I'm still early in development, but I would like people to test out the Digivolutions I've made so far. Any tile errors, event errors, etc. will be mostly ignored for now. The purpose of this alpha version is to test the digimon themselves, nothing more. So without further ado...

Download Link!!!!

The Team

For a while I was doing this alone, but now I have a growing team behind me:

Epitaph93
stocko
DiamondBlueMoon
leachim_paloyz15

If anyone else wants to join all you need to do is contribute and then I'll probably ask you to join. You can also check out the Team Digipedia thread HERE to apply.

FRtitle.png

The Story (Work in progress)
In a peaceful world where digimon are owned and raised as pets, a disturbance begins to shake the world. You, a teenager from Modem town, are sent on a mission along with your rival Matt to scout the nearest city for any information on this disturbance. Gennai, the town elder, sends you on this mission and allows you to choose your very own digimon for the dangerous journey.

You are also given a digivice, an artifact from the ancient times that once aided your ancestors. The digivice is old and incomplete, so it is your job to refill it with the data it has lost by capturing all the digimon in the world.

You find that strange things are occurring in your world: some digimon are turning evil, others are digivolving beyond normal levels. It was once rare for digimon to reach ultimate level, but now many have become Mega levelled.

You report to Gennai and he tells you of a legend from the ancient times, before the digital world and the real world were one. The dark forces that once fought to destroy the worlds will return, and only the descendants of the fabled digidestined would have the power to vanquish the revived dark masters.

You and your rival are to travel the world to strengthen your digimon and earn the crests of the digidestined. Only with the power of the crests will you be able to restore peace. They will strengthen your digimon and unlock their power to digivolve.

You will quickly encounter an evil digimon named demidevimon. He despises all tamers and wants to rule over the digimon and humans, making slaves of both. Demidevimon will return again, then digivolve to Devimon. Once you beat Devimon he will return at a later point with a tamer. Although it appears he is obedient to the tamer, the opposite is the truth. Devimon has gained control of this tamer and is using him to capture digimon and twist them with his evil ways.

Along your journey you will find various ways to digivolve your digimon, including the long lost art of armor digivolution, and the rare DNA digivolution. Using such things may take your digimon down a longer and more powerful path than it would achieve naturally, thus is the power of the tamer.

There will be various items available for you to use in your quest. These items are called digicards, or just cards for short. One such card is a TC, or temporary card. It allows a digimon to learn a move. TCs are destroyed after a single use. Other cards exist that teach any number of digimon moves. These are called PCs or permanent cards. DMCs, or digi modify cards are cards that can be given to digimon in order to boost stats, heal status problems, or to obtain certain abilities. Some can be found on card trees, but these vanish after use. General cards are also a one time use, but are very common and cheap. General cards can be used for various things like restoring HP, MP, or boosting stats. Key Cards can be used for much more varied things, like opening doors or activating certain digivice functions such as finding tamers willing to battle, finding hidden items, or playing various melodies.

As the descendants of the ancient digidestined it is your duty to save the world, or take control of it. What destiny you choose and what digimon will get you there are all up to you.

Tai will be the protagonist male, Sora the female. Matt will be the rival. Gennai from season 1 will take place of Prof. Oak. They aren't really going to be the kids from the first two seasons, but the descendants of those kids. Other characters will also appear as common trainers and gym leaders:
Spoiler:

The starters will be of these three types, rather than the obvious and overused triangle of starters:

Jyarimon: Dragon

Puttimon: Holy

Punimon: Beast

They will start as level 1 Digimon, a level which adds a large degree to the amounts of time needed for training at the beginning of the game, but which is necessary to allow the dynamic digivolution system I'm trying to create.

Spriting

As of now the top priorities are spriting and scripting with mapping thrown around so that the world at least looks a little different. My method is rather simple with the sprites. I take a sprite from the DS games, resize it to 64x64, decrease color depth to 16, then fix whatever may be discolored or poorly outlined. Some sprites are not in the DS games, so I have to create them by other means.

The fronts are easy from fresh level to most champions, with a few easy ultimates and megas. The backs are resized from the DS OWs and are place holders for now. Some of the backs were made by flipping and editing the fronts, which look much better than the place holders, but are still in need of some editing. So far I have close to 120 fronts done, most of which have temporary backs and a few have near-final backs.

A hand full also have icons, new moves, and new types. The few sprites not in the DS games (save for Viximon) that were alternatively created have no icons yet. They are at the bottom of my spriting priority list currently, but I will get around to at least finding a method for making them in the next couple of weeks. My main concerns right now are with inserting/creating the fronts and backs of fresh-champion levels.

After that comes the hard part of spriting the Ultimates and Megas.

I changed the biker OW to fit my custom DemiDevimon OW, as it was the easiest 32x32 OW to edit. I'm pretty proud of the little guy, although he still needs a little work. I also need to start on a Devimon OW and an evil TAMER OW/battle sprite. I was hoping to use Ken in his Digimon Emperor outfit, but no one has a sprite of him from what I have seen. Therefore I may just use the battle sprite of Ken without the outfit as the evil TAMER.

I've also made the icons for the digieggs. The next items to be edited are pokeballs, now called digiballs. Two big things I need are a Sora OW and a Matt OW. I already have their battlesprites, Sora's being colored differently than in the anime as she and Tai share the same palette. Matt's in battle sprite may be changed, as the one I have in place now is simply his head on Blue's body with a few color changes. L-mon's sprite collection listed in the credits would be the sprite I'd use as the replacement.

Tiles
I will be changing the tiles, but if anyone knows of some futuristic computer themed tiles then feel free to point me in the direction of the set. Digimon Reload's tiles are unbelievably good by the way, but not exactly what I'm going for. As of now, I have yet to insert any new tiles. I will eventually get around to it.

Scripting

New scripts will be added eventually, but for now most of the scripts are still original FR. They will mostly stay that way for the base patch. The real changes will come when we begin on the actual hack.

Attacks/Moves

I will be adding new moves, such as pepperbreath replacing ember and frothy spit replacing bubble. Others will stay the samed, and while we would like to change the animations for most moves we haven't learned enough about hacking moves to do so.

Types

The types I have in place are as follows:

Normal
Fire
Water
Plant
Electricity
Rock
Beast
Ice
Flying
Virus
Holy
Bug
Poison
Data
Machine
Dark
Dragon
Vaccine

Digivolution

As you will notice digivolution will happen early for fresh and in-training, at levels 3 and 5 respectively, with rookies digivolving into champions anywhere from 13 to 25. The digivolutions of fresh-to-in-training will be dependent on whether attack and defense are less/equal/greater than each other, just like Tyrogue's evolution to hitmonlee/chan/top. This is set in place to make your introduction somewhat more diverse in that, although the starters will always be the same, their digivolutions are distinctly different.

You will also notice noncanonical digivolutions, such as Jyarimon to Koromon, and Budmon to Tanemon. This is set in place to provide a more centralized range of digivolving, so that every Digimon may be traced back to a fresh Digimon with many routes of growth. In essence, it's all about capturing that system which makes Digimon unique but has yet to be perfected.

DNA digivolutions:

The DNA digivolutions are as follows. Keep in mind that in order to do a DNA digivolution you must only have 2 Digimon in your party and in the following combinations. A very important note: In essence this basically removes your entire party then adds the DNA Digimon, so no stats, abilities, genders, etc. will be transferred. It will; however, give you a stronger Digimon in the long run, some of which can digivolve even further.
Spoiler:

These Digivolutions are optionally accomplished via trading, which I will point out below:
Spoiler:

Armor Digivolution

Armor digivolution and dark digivolution will replace evolution stones. Not all digi eggs will be present, but all armor digivolutions will be present.

Screen Shots

Examples of Finished/Placeholder Digimon Backsprites(Respectively)
Spoiler:

Tai/Sora Back Sprites
Spoiler:

The two �fakemon�
Spoiler:

Tamer Cards
Spoiler:

Starters
Spoiler:

Mapping
Spoiler:

Menus/Battles/Etc.
Spoiler:

Tools
Spoiler:

Credits

I will be adding to this section as I use anything across the Internet. If you see something that you think/know is yours, then PM me and I'll credit you accordingly, and please understand that I am making a strong effort to give credit to anyone and everyone who deserves it.

The forum I obtained most of the front sprites, icons, etc. from

Meowth for his OW of Tai

L-mon for the sprites of the anime characters

Swampert's database of tools

The Digimon Wiki for information and the base sprites for those not included in any of the DS games

The Simple Question thread here at the Pokecommunity for all my basic needs

diegoisawesome for his informative tutorial on scripting

Darkfox for the Viximon icons

Wooded-Wolf for the fresh/in-training sprites that aren't found in the DS games

DrFuji for the help on the wildbattle events

Jpan for the study on the special and special2 commands

DavidJCobb for making me realize that A-Text wasn't as useless as I thought

MrElephant for the lists of moves. They will speed up things a bit

SwiftSign for helping out with the DNA Digivolution script

Nemisis for the sweet banner

If you're curious about the DNA Digivolution script:

All it does is checks to see if you have ONLY 2 digimon in your party. If you do, it checks to see if you have one that can DNA digivolve. If you do, then it checks to see if you have the other one. If you do it clears your whole party, then gives you the DNA digivolution. No stats or gender are transferred. It isn't completely finished yet, but thanks to SwiftSign it's better organized and I've added the showpokepic function. I will add a gendercheck in the future so that only males can combine with males and females with females. I'll get into ASM eventually to try and make a better functioning system, but for now this works quite well:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @string1 MSG_YESNO '"Welcome to the DNA DigivolutionnC..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Check2Pokemon
msgbox @string2 MSG_NORMAL '"Have a good day then!"
release
end

'---------------
#org @Check2Pokemon
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x2
if 0x1 goto @Continue
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Abort1
goto @Abort2

'---------------
#org @Abort1
msgbox @string5 MSG_NORMAL '"Sorry, but you don't have two DIGI..."
release
end

'---------------
#org @Abort2
msgbox @string6 MSG_NORMAL '"I'm sorry, you must only haven2 D..."
release
end

'---------------
#org @Continue
msgbox @string3 MSG_NORMAL '"Let me check if any of your DIGIMO..."
setvar 0x8004 0x1B
special2 LASTRESULT 0x17C
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Dinobeemon
setvar 0x8004 0x1E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Silphymon
setvar 0x8004 0x2A
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Shakkoumon
setvar 0x8004 0x6
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @Omnimon
msgbox @string4 MSG_NORMAL '"Sorry, but your DIGIMON are notnc..."
release
end

'---------------
#org @Dinobeemon
setvar 0x8004 0xF
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort4
msgbox @string7 MSG_YESNO '"Do you want to DNA digivolve these..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort3
special 0xEF
fanfare 0x13E
msgbox @string8 MSG_KEEPOPEN '"Here is your new DIGIMON."
showpokepic 0x36 0x0A 0x03 
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x36 0x20 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
setvar 0x8004 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x36
msgbox @string9 MSG_YESNO '"Would you like to give it a nickna..."
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

'---------------
#org @Silphymon
setvar 0x8004 0x3A
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort3
special 0xEF
fanfare 0x13E
showpokepic 0x3B 0x0A 0x03 
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
hidepokepic
givepokemon 0x3B 0x20 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 '"Silphymon"
setvar 0x8004 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x3B
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

'---------------
#org @Shakkoumon
setvar 0x8004 0xBA
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort3
special 0xEF
fanfare 0x13E
showpokepic 0x3E 0x0A 0x03
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
hidepokepic 
givepokemon 0x3E 0x20 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 '"Shakkoumon"
setvar 0x8004 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x3E
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

'---------------
#org @Omnimon
setvar 0x8004 0x40
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort4
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x0 goto @Abort3
special 0xEF
fanfare 0x13E
showpokepic 0x41 0x0A 0x03 
waitfanfare
closeonkeypress
hidepokepic 
givepokemon 0x41 0x4C 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 '"Omnimon"
setvar 0x8004 0x0
bufferpokemon 0x0 0x41
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 call @Nickname
release
end

'---------------
#org @Abort3
release
end

'---------------
#org @Abort4
msgbox @string4 MSG_NORMAL '"Sorry, but your DIGIMON are notnc..."
release
end

'---------------
#org @Nickname
call @NamingSyst
return

'---------------
#org @NamingSyst
fadescreen 0x1
special 0x9E
waitstate
return

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org @string1
= Welcome to the DNA DigivolutionnCenter!pDo you want me to check for DNAncompatible DIGIMON?

#org @string2
= Have a good day then!

#org @string3
= Let me check if any of your DIGIMONnare compatible.

#org @string4
= Sorry, but your DIGIMON are notncompatible.

#org @string5
= Sorry, but you don't have two DIGIMON.

#org @string6
= I'm sorry, you must only haven2 DIGIMON in your party.

#org @string7
= Do you want to DNA digivolve thesentwo?

#org @string8
= Here is your new DIGIMON.

#org @string9
= Would you like to give it a nickname?

Banners

By Epitaph:

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268288][IMG]http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l632/Epitaph93/digibanner.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

By Nemisis:

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268288][IMG]http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/076/2/c/my_banner_by_iceylemon-d4t0bkt.png[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=268288][IMG]http://1.1.1.5/bmi/fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/077/3/c/banner_2_by_iceylemon-d4t44zh.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Alot of your maps seem to be more small edits of the original, remap it completely, small revamps dont cut it for a good hack.

Epitaph93

Years
Alot of your maps seem to be more small edits of the original, remap it completely, small revamps dont cut it for a good hack.

Like I said in the first post, mapping is low priority for now. I'm concentrating on Scripting and Spriting for now, but I will get into mapping soon.

Years
  • Seen Feb 3, 2012
It seems like a really cool game yes you should add paladin imperialdramon!
Can I beta Test this hack?

Epitaph93

Years
It seems like a really cool game yes you should add paladin imperialdramon!
Can I beta Test this hack?

It's really not far enough along for a beta; however, when I do release one it will be made public so anyone can test it and flood me with feedback lol. And thank you for the suggestion. I'm open to any and all requests as well, so if you have something in mind then please post it. :)

Edit: Added Tai's backsprite in the screen shots, thanks to upgrading to NSE2

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • OZ
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
I quite like this hack, I have been wanting to see a digimon hack that actually gets to a release for a while now, and it looks like you have put in quite a lot of work into this. I will be keeping an eye on this hack, good luck :-)

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
looks good. nice digimon sprites. i really wanted to see a english digimon hack for a while. thanks for making 1 :D
mapping... seems you havnt worked on it yet. cant wait to see how itll look.
id be happy to test out the Digivolutions thou im finishing up finals in the next two weeks but since its not that much i could do a few now.

great start. hope you keep it up.

Epitaph93

Years
looks good. nice digimon sprites. i really wanted to see a english digimon hack for a while. thanks for making 1 :D
mapping... seems you havnt worked on it yet. cant wait to see how itll look.
id be happy to test out the Digivolutions thou im finishing up finals in the next two weeks but since its not that much i could do a few now.

great start. hope you keep it up.

I'll be working on the maps some time in the next week or two. I'm just looking for a good tile set first, but I suppose I might as well just quit putting it off. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm expecting to release the digivolution alpha around the week of Christmas, which means I really need to edit attacks and stats so that the digivolutions aren't weaker than the previous form lol. Check back often though for screens and updates.

I finished the Sora back sprite and posted two more screen shots, one showing Matt's sprite. I also added two other shots, one of Jyarimon's back sprite, and one of Gigimon's temporary backsprite. Just so everyone can see the difference between the placeholders and finals.

Epitaph93

Years
will demiveemon be obtainable?

Good question. As of now demiveemon's spot is being held by Chibomon. I'm working on his sprite though, so as soon as I'm finished he will replace Chibomon.

The only reason Chibomon is in the game, is because I wasn't confident in my spriting ability when I began the hack. I couldn't find a sprite for DemiVeemon, so I settled for Chibomon. Now I'm getting the hang of it ;)

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
I'll be working on the maps some time in the next week or two. I'm just looking for a good tile set first, but I suppose I might as well just quit putting it off. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm expecting to release the digivolution alpha around the week of Christmas, which means I really need to edit attacks and stats so that the digivolutions aren't weaker than the previous form lol. Check back often though for screens and updates.

I finished the Sora back sprite and posted two more screen shots, one showing Matt's sprite. I also added two other shots, one of Jyarimon's back sprite, and one of Gigimon's temporary backsprite. Just so everyone can see the difference between the placeholders and finals.

lol i thought so. take your time finding a good tile set.
dont worry i do check here a few times a week for updates.
the new sprites look good. mat's sprite looks pretty good... thou its the first time i see him with a pokeball XD lol.
bty you only posted two out of the three starters, so who is the third starter, *really temped to see how it looks*?
wondering if black wargreymon will be in here. also will some of the dna- digivolved digimon be in her as well, since i see flameromon & exvemon?
If you need/ want any support banners let me know & i'l make as many as you like.
no problem man. keep up the good work.

Epitaph93

Years
lol i thought so. take your time finding a good tile set.
dont worry i do check here a few times a week for updates.
the new sprites look good. mat's sprite looks pretty good... thou its the first time i see him with a pokeball XD lol.
bty you only posted two out of the three starters, so who is the third starter, *really temped to see how it looks*?
wondering if black wargreymon will be in here. also will some of the dna- digivolved digimon be in her as well, since i see flameromon & exvemon?
If you need/ want any support banners let me know & i'l make as many as you like.
no problem man. keep up the good work.

Sorry about the third starter. I originally had it as Budmon, but decided against it. I'm posting the new third start now, Punimon which is the fresh form of Gabumon.
I'm including all of the DNA digivolutions from seasons 1 and 2, even Paladin Imperialdramon and Omnimon. BlackWarGreymon is in the game. You can see his digivolution route in the Digivolution Table under Jyarimon.
Thanks for the support.

Last edited:

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Sorry about the third starter. I originally had it as Budmon, but decided against it. I'm posting the new third start now, Punimon which is the fresh form of Gabumon.
I'm including all of the DNA digivolutions from seasons 1 and 2, even Paladin Imperialdramon and Omnimon. BlackWarGreymon is in the game. You can see his digivolution route in the Digivolution Table under Jyarimon.
Thanks for the support.

great info. thnks for the update. the digivolutions for Jyarimon look great. great idea on using the stones as the digieggs.
i think u should
1. Should I make it so that Palidramon digivolves to Imperialdramon(fighter/dragon mode) depending on stats?

2. Should I have Omnimon and Imperialdramon(fighter/dragon mode) DNA digivolve into Paladin Imperialdramon(fighter/dragon mode)?
since itll be interesting :D

Wormon's armor digivolutions
...wait what! he armor digivolves. now il make it my job to get him in the game & see who he armor digivolves in :D
this is keep getting better every time i read what you add.

Epitaph93

Years
great info. thnks for the update. the digivolutions for Jyarimon look great. great idea on using the stones as the digieggs.
i think u should since itll be interesting :D

...wait what! he armor digivolves. now il make it my job to get him in the game & see who he armor digivolves in :D
this is keep getting better every time i read what you add.

Yeah Wormmon digivolves into Shadramon and Owlmon, with the egg of courage and love respectively. They will be the next sprites I add in. I wish there was a sprite for his friendship evolution, but it was never included in any of the games.

maybe this would help u...
http://www.dma.wtw-x.net/
and try this game...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLeZ3ZZLI6w
link in description...or this directly
http://www.mediafire.com/?defc5amxc6xa0tc
before start new game u can press F1 for info like digivolution, it would trigger ur idea in digivolution perhaps...

Thanks for those. I already use WTW, though not as much as Digimon Wikipedia; however, I scanned through their main page thanks to you and realized they have some information that could help with digivice information and such. So I really appreciate that. I would download that game, but my average internet connection on a good day is 5Kb/s (I wish I was exaggerating) and it drops very often, so large downloads rarely finish. I'll try to get it by other means though. Thanks again.

monkeyboi

Pokemon hack/game player
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2013
Are you going to be adding the mega's to digimon that are common accepted (like Biyomon's being Phoenixmon). If not do you have any plans on including Phoenixmon or Hououmonas it's also known as,in the game?

Epitaph93

Years
Are you going to be adding the mega's to digimon that are common accepted (like Biyomon's being Phoenixmon). If not do you have any plans on including Phoenixmon or Hououmonas it's also known as,in the game?

Yes I'll try. The only problem is resizing the sprites and recoloring them as needed. I'll actually make phoenixmon my top priority tomorrow and post a screen for you. Wargreymon and metalgarurumon of course have already been added, but the others will come along shortly.

Epitaph93

Years

Yes I'll try. The only problem is resizing the sprites and recoloring them as needed. I'll actually make phoenixmon my top priority tomorrow and post a screen for you. Wargreymon and metalgarurumon of course have already been added, but the others will come along shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back