• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Island [v2.1] - Gen 9, Battle vs yourself, Habitat List and more

Years
  • Seen Sep 26, 2014
Obrigado, vou mantemo-me a par das novas actualizacoes. Agora é continuar a apanhar mais.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
VERSION 1.1h WITH CORRECTED BUGS RELEASED!

Akan

Team Rocket Trainer
Years
This game is absolutely amazing. One of the best games i've played in a while :)

Last edited:
Years
I've started this game and I find it amazing so far :D. I decided to play it because I'm bored of the usual gym badges and evil team kind of story so this game is a nice change !

I chose the red-head girl because she looks great. My party so far is Grotle, Kangaskhan, Bronzor and Corphish, it works fine so far, I have a rank of 5.

Things I like in this game :

-Different than the usual pokemon scheme and still fun.
-Very convenient T.M shop.
-Lots of different musics
-Lots of stuff in the option menu
-Doubles Colosseum, I like double battles :D.

Things I don't like :

-No possibility of changing the control (unless I missed it)
-My party is not healed between the different rounds of the colosseum. It may be intentional to increase the difficulty but it doesn't seem logical.

There are a few minor glitches here and there :

-Some moves are not updated to 5th gen like tackle or bullet seed
-Bubble only hit one pokemon in doubles even though we can't choose the target. The target is random. Other moves that hit both opposite pokemon like leer or razor leaf seem to work normally. Not a big deal because bubble is crap anyway, but may as well report it ;).
-Some people speak Portuguese like the guy at the entrance of the market and a youngster in the forest.

Oh and just a quick question : are the mushrooms only useful for selling or they can be used for something else ? By the way, is there's a way to remind pokemon old moves (like with said mushrooms in FRLG) ?

I'm gonna let you know if I find more stuff ;).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I've started this game and I find it amazing so far :D. I decided to play it because I'm bored of the usual gym badges and evil team kind of story so this game is a nice change !

I chose the red-head girl because she looks great. My party so far is Grotle, Kangaskhan, Bronzor and Corphish, it works fine so far, I have a rank of 5.

Things I like in this game :

-Different than the usual pokemon scheme and still fun.
-Very convenient T.M shop.
-Lots of different musics
-Lots of stuff in the option menu
-Doubles Colosseum, I like double battles :D.

Things I don't like :

-No possibility of changing the control (unless I missed it)
-My party is not healed between the different rounds of the colosseum. It may be intentional to increase the difficulty but it doesn't seem logical.

There are a few minor glitches here and there :

-Some moves are not updated to 5th gen like tackle or bullet seed
-Bubble only hit one pokemon in doubles even though we can't choose the target. The target is random. Other moves that hit both opposite pokemon like leer or razor leaf seem to work normally. Not a big deal because bubble is crap anyway, but may as well report it ;).
-Some people speak Portuguese like the guy at the entrance of the market and a youngster in the forest.

Oh and just a quick question : are the mushrooms only useful for selling or they can be used for something else ? By the way, is there's a way to remind pokemon old moves (like with said mushrooms in FRLG) ?

I'm gonna let you know if I find more stuff ;).
You can press F1 and change some of controls.

Yes, the lack of heal at colosseum is intentional and this is also for variety, since you can battle rivals in the arena (without this heal problem). The E4 (partially) and some other challenges in main games are in the same style. But, maybe 5 opponents are too many.

Mushrooms are only useful for selling. For remind pokémon old moves, give a Heart Scale to the Move Tutor (in one of houses, near Name Rater and Move Deleter).

Thanks for the feedback! Specially the bug report!

Years
You can press F1 and change some of controls.

Yes, the lack of heal at colosseum is intentional and this is also for variety, since you can battle rivals in the arena (without this heal problem). The E4 (partially) and some other challenges in main games are in the same style. But, maybe 5 opponents are too many.

Mushrooms are only useful for selling. For remind pokémon old moves, give a Heart Scale to the Move Tutor (in one of houses, near Name Rater and Move Deleter).

Thanks for the feedback! Specially the bug report!

I tried to change the controls, I found the menu from F1 but it doesn't change anything, even after restarting the game :/.

About the heal at colosseum, that's ok if it's your choice, it does make it a bigger challenge.

I've found the move relearner, thanks :).

I've found other glitches :

There's a rival who speaks Portuguese, it's the one with the Aqua/Magma boss theme.

Flame charge decreases the target's speed instead if increasing the user speed (may be intentional because of technical issues ?)
Work up gives +2 att instead of +1 att and +1 spA
Lucky chant doesn't seem to prevent crits.
Aqua ring says the pokemon gets nutrients from their roots as if it used Ingrain instead.

Suggestion to improve the game : either give a list of unlocked stuff when you get a new rank or have each facility tell which stuff is unlocked with each rank like in the rarity shop. People who say "I don't sell anything to people with your rank" should tell us which rank is needed.

By the way, any clues where I can get an Aerodactyl or an Archen please ? :D

Thanks for reading :).

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I tried to change the controls, I found the menu from F1 but it doesn't change anything, even after restarting the game :/.

About the heal at colosseum, that's ok if it's your choice, it does make it a bigger challenge.

I've found the move relearner, thanks :).

I've found other glitches :

There's a rival who speaks Portuguese, it's the one with the Aqua/Magma boss theme.

Flame charge decreases the target's speed instead if increasing the user speed (may be intentional because of technical issues ?)
Work up gives +2 att instead of +1 att and +1 spA
Lucky chant doesn't seem to prevent crits.
Aqua ring says the pokemon gets nutrients from their roots as if it used Ingrain instead.

Suggestion to improve the game : either give a list of unlocked stuff when you get a new rank or have each facility tell which stuff is unlocked with each rank like in the rarity shop. People who say "I don't sell anything to people with your rank" should tell us which rank is needed.

By the way, any clues where I can get an Aerodactyl or an Archen please ? :D

Thanks for reading :).
Really, the F1 option to set the buttons don't works. I can't believe that I never figured this... I am thinking about making a custom "Set the controls" screen in a future version.

Errors identified section of Read me said:
New generation 4/5 move effects works differently. Some like Psycho Shift trade the Ability and others like Trump Card works like Reversal
So, these are intentional.

Good sugestion about the stuffs alerts, I plain to make, at least, the people on the shops telling what rank is necessary for them start selling items.

The fossils can be found at Underground.

Years
I'm progressing through the game. I have a rank 13 and it was fun battling the gym leaders :).

I have a few questions :

1) Do you know where I can find a magmarizer ?

2) What are shards (red, blue, etc) for ?

3) What is the pokepod ?

4) I spent a lot of time getting lost in exploring the sea but I didn't find the second portal, is there one ?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I'm progressing through the game. I have a rank 13 and it was fun battling the gym leaders :).

I have a few questions :

1) Do you know where I can find a magmarizer ?

2) What are shards (red, blue, etc) for ?

3) What is the pokepod ?

4) I spent a lot of time getting lost in exploring the sea but I didn't find the second portal, is there one ?

1. There is one in Underground or with a wild Magby.

2. Reviving the fossils or getting a Luxury Ball.

3. You can listen to all musics in the game and change the current music for other.

4. Yes.

Years
1. There is one in Underground or with a wild Magby.

2. Reviving the fossils or getting a Luxury Ball.

3. You can listen to all musics in the game and change the current music for other.

4. Yes.

Ok thanks. The underground area is very very very laggy when I go down at 3rd floor. I don't know if it's just me or anyone has this problem. I also had lag in other locations like the cave but it wasn't too annoying however, it's unplayable in the underground. My computer is not crappy either.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I want to ask something :)
1. Where is the moveset of poke from? Gen 5 or gen 3?
2 As I have seen Thrash with 90 BP so some move haven't been mod yet, right?
3. Can we store our item in some way? it is sick that I have to toss around some item when I want new thing and have to keep stuff like Shard and Nugget on me all the time.
4. THe Ice Cave was laggy :(

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Ok thanks. The underground area is very very very laggy when I go down at 3rd floor. I don't know if it's just me or anyone has this problem. I also had lag in other locations like the cave but it wasn't too annoying however, it's unplayable in the underground. My computer is not crappy either.

Anyone as the below quote suggest. It's a bad problem, until 1.2 I intend to do something.
Can someone please help me? Where can you find the second portal in the sea? And also, how do i evolve my rhydon into rhyperion with my protector? I'm also suffering from the underground's lag issue. :(
But anyway, this game is really great!
A little tip about the second portal in the Sea:

Spoiler:

Make the Rhydon holds the Protector and use a Link Stone.

Thank you (and others like nakagg) about the feedback about Underground, I suggest both to use the bicycle while this isn't fixed.

I want to ask something :)
1. Where is the moveset of poke from? Gen 5 or gen 3?
2 As I have seen Thrash with 90 BP so some move haven't been mod yet, right?
3. Can we store our item in some way? it is sick that I have to toss around some item when I want new thing and have to keep stuff like Shard and Nugget on me all the time.
4. THe Ice Cave was laggy :(
1. Gen 5 without new effect. Moves like Nasty Plot works, but some others like Quiver Dance I try to put similar effects, Quiver Dance case works like Calm Mind.
2. Thanks for the report! I really need to fix these things...
3. YES! In the player house (the one with the blue roof) use the wardrobe.
4. As far as I know, the majorith of players don't have this problem in this place, but thanks for the report!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
Anyone as the below quote suggest. It's a bad problem, until 1.2 I intend to do something.

1. Gen 5 without new effect. Moves like Nasty Plot works, but some others like Quiver Dance I try to put similar effects, Quiver Dance case works like Calm Mind.
2. Thanks for the report! I really need to fix these things...
3. YES! In the player house (the one with the blue roof) use the wardrobe.
4. As far as I know, the majorith of players don't have this problem in this place, but thanks for the report!
Thanks for the reply :)
So that mean my 1 GB ram laptop can't handle the Ice cave let alone the Underground n the future :(

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Thanks for the reply :)
So that mean my 1 GB ram laptop can't handle the Ice cave let alone the Underground n the future :(
In 2013, 1 Gb of RAM is weak, but there other important components like GPU to know if you computer is strong. Despite this I wish to my game work well in the weaker computers, even these areas that aren't required to beat the game, so I'm doing research about ways of fixing this problem. Regardless, in 1.2 I'm planning about doubling the bicycle speed, so this helps to move faster in these areas.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
In 2013, 1 Gb of RAM is weak, but there other important components like GPU to know if you computer is strong. Despite this I wish to my game work well in the weaker computers, even these areas that aren't required to beat the game, so I'm doing research about ways of fixing this problem. Regardless, in 1.2 I'm planning about doubling the bicycle speed, so this helps to move faster in these areas.

Could you do things like divide those 2 area into smaller parts to make it easier for weak computer to process.
Just leave the sea, it should be there to make people go insane. I got lost in sea too.
Btw, where can I find the protector?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I m having a problem.
My lap got a lag and the game said : The Script is taking too long, and then save and the game shut down. Now the problem is that I can open the save but no longer be able to move or choose anything beside F1.
Could you please help me :(

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Could you do things like divide those 2 area into smaller parts to make it easier for weak computer to process.
Just leave the sea, it should be there to make people go insane. I got lost in sea too.
Btw, where can I find the protector?
Pokémon Island teaches that sea can be cruel if you don't know about navegation (and Escape Ropes) XD

Dividing is my last resource because in Underground there around 200 stairs (counting both sides) and reconnect these things consumes a lot of time and is almost impossible to don't make mistakes.

Anyway, recently I had success fixing the lag (I not sure if it is 100% fixed, but at least 90%) =D. I planning to release the 1.1i with this fix in September.

Protector can be obtained as the prize beating the rank A at Double Colosseum and at Underground.

I m having a problem.
My lap got a lag and the game said : The Script is taking too long, and then save and the game shut down. Now the problem is that I can open the save but no longer be able to move or choose anything beside F1.
Could you please help me :(
Send me an e-mail (fl50000 at hotmail dot com) with the save attached and I will try to fix.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
Hey, I downloaded the game recently and I've been loving it. But now that I've reached the Sea, I'm honestly lost to the point of giving up. I keep finding new items, but the bag's rather strict item limit has me resorting to all sorts of tricks just to make space. I keep trying to trace my steps back, but everything is just water and rocks; the few notable locations I can remember don't do me any good.

I don't seem to be the only person having trouble with this, so would you be able to upload an image of the sea's map? As is, I don't see myself ever coming back here(if I make it out at all).

I also saw someone else encountering lag in the ice cave; I doubt it's my gaming PC, so it might be something to look into if you ever work on this game again.

Also, Bisharp's back sprite is comically small...it doesn't look right at all, not to mention its inability to learn Iron Head or Sucker Punch from TM's despite having access to both.

Finally, could I get a heads up on finding a Metalcoat? My Scyther's hit 50 and continuing to use it like this is getting impossible.

Overall, though, the game's fantastic and I appreciate all the thought and work you put into making it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
Hey, I downloaded the game recently and I've been loving it. But now that I've reached the Sea, I'm honestly lost to the point of giving up. I keep finding new items, but the bag's rather strict item limit has me resorting to all sorts of tricks just to make space. I keep trying to trace my steps back, but everything is just water and rocks; the few notable locations I can remember don't do me any good.

I don't seem to be the only person having trouble with this, so would you be able to upload an image of the sea's map? As is, I don't see myself ever coming back here(if I make it out at all).

I also saw someone else encountering lag in the ice cave; I doubt it's my gaming PC, so it might be something to look into if you ever work on this game again.

Also, Bisharp's back sprite is comically small...it doesn't look right at all, not to mention its inability to learn Iron Head or Sucker Punch from TM's despite having access to both.

Finally, could I get a heads up on finding a Metalcoat? My Scyther's hit 50 and continuing to use it like this is getting impossible.

Overall, though, the game's fantastic and I appreciate all the thought and work you put into making it.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7371929&postcount=128 has a tip to escape. Just be sure to have an Escape Rope when entering in this area. I am planning of put some Escape Ropes in this map. The only way of "saving" items is to use the player wardrobe, you can also make some pokémon to hold them.

About the lag: In weak computers I manage to have lag even in the Den. Like I said in my previous post, I am planning to upload 1.1i this month. Thanks for the feedback!

The Bisharp head issue is because I don't have Gen III/IV backsprites of Gen V pokémon, so I edit the BW backsprite myself and this is the result. The TM problem is because the TM list was made up to BW and Bisharp can learn these moves by tutoring only in BW2 but I am planning to update this in 1.2.

Metal Coat can be found at Valley, Underground and wild Magnemite/Bronzor may hold this item.

Back