• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

SkinnyGreenMan

█▓▒═─┤SkinnyG reen├─═ ▒▓█
Years
Mechajoseph said:
Just wondering, do we like hunt for shinies together,or what,i mean,i'm not understanding,maybe it's just me! :P
We kind of do. We each hunt for the shinies that we want, but it is a group effort to fill up the dex (youll find it on post 2).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
hey, i'm back from stinky so cal. welcome new members. there are like 3 of you? that's awesome. happy '05. i have no new shinies... i looked for aerodactyl on the way down too... o well.

PazzKat

Back and looking 4 smiles!
Years
Apparently no one knows that Ryan and I are pairs why? Neither of us have it in our signatures, which everyone looks at. I'll put my half back up when u do urs. no tengo un shiny pokemon, lo siento, porfavor forgive me >_< Chao. No shinies = no bien. >:|

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
yay i just just found a shiney tentacruel.when i was going to seafoam islands.anyway im really happy this is my first shiney for nearly 2 months now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
actually... it says that we're paired in my friends list in my signature. gotcha! i was just trying to cut back on the length of my signature, so i couldn't have the giant "I LOVE PAZZKAT (she is cool)"

Years
Bumur, it looks like I have shinies that have already been inserted into the ShineyDex.
Well then. I am going to look for Shiny Swablu after i get my hands on that charmander... grrrr. Pesky little lizard.
Shiny Swablu/Altaria should update the ShineyDex; that is, whenever I get them. Boo.

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
rsgh5 said:
hey, i'm back from stinky so cal. welcome new members. there are like 3 of you? that's awesome. happy '05. i have no new shinies... i looked for aerodactyl on the way down too... o well.
You weant to the Rose Parade? I used to live in pasadena...

Can i join the club but i have a dumb question. How do we capture shinys anyway?

Shinies are just normal pokemon that are off-color. You very rarely see them, but when you do, try your best to capture it. The two worst places to see a shiny are the Battle Tower, and the Safari Zone, because they are hard (or imposible) to catch. You can find a shiny anywhere you can find pokemon.

PazzKat

Years
Shinies appear randomly, the "odds" of it, are rare, numbers do not matter because it is all a matter of luck and chance. The numbers "1/8612" or w/e really say that for every 8612 pokemon, you will find one shiny. Just keep attentive to details. At the beginning of every shiny pokemon battle, including ones against other trainers, a line of stars will appear, do loop a on the pokemon, and fly off the screen in a line. The pokemon will also be slightly discolored, seperating them against other pokemon ,which is the only difference. I will edit my post with pictures of examples for differences in colors between pokemon norms and pokemon shinies. Shinies may appear anywhere that pokemon do. Including legendaries.

Obvious differences:
sappn53.gif
(Normal)
sapps53.gif
(Shiny)
sappn195.gif
(Normal)
sapps195.gif
(Shiny)
sappn393.gif
(Normal)
sapps393.gif
(Shiny)

Not so obvious differences:
sappn45.gif
(Normal)
sapps45.gif
(Shiny)
sappn175.gif
(Normal)
sapps175.gif
(Shiny)
sappn316.gif
(Normal)
sapps316.gif
(Shiny)

Those are practically the differences of shinies though. You get a different colored pokemon and 'bragging' rights, if you have friends that like pokemon. Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Remember, there aren't stupid questions, just other people who think they are.

You may see all shiny sprites from http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html . All of my pictures are from there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
no, i didn't go to the rose parade... *grrrrrr* cal got ripped off and didn't go... so i went to the stupid holiday bowl... (addition to pazzkat's description of shinies... they also make a noise when they appear a bling noise)

Tentachu

Movie Making Expert
Years
Well, I wanna join the Shiny Hunters Club, but I haven't caught any shinies! :(
I am constantly looking and looking and no dice :(

Can I still join, though? Or do you have to catch a shiny to join?

HereticSteel

Ain't got nothin on my Kirlia
Years
I hadnt caught one when i joined so i dont think you have to catch 0ne to join, but I cant approve your joinings!

PazzKat said:
Shinies appear randomly, the "odds" of it, are rare, numbers do not matter because it is all a matter of luck and chance. The numbers "1/8612" or w/e really say that for every 8612 pokemon, you will find one shiny. Just keep attentive to details. At the beginning of every shiny pokemon battle, including ones against other trainers, a line of stars will appear, do loop a on the pokemon, and fly off the screen in a line. The pokemon will also be slightly discolored, seperating them against other pokemon ,which is the only difference. I will edit my post with pictures of examples for differences in colors between pokemon norms and pokemon shinies. Shinies may appear anywhere that pokemon do. Including legendaries.

Obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Not so obvious differences:
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)
(Normal)(Shiny)

Those are practically the differences of shinies though. You get a different colored pokemon and 'bragging' rights, if you have friends that like pokemon. Welcome to the Shiny Hunters Club. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Remember, there aren't stupid questions, just other people who think they are.

PazzKat are you sure you havent got the two paras's mixed up, im being serious!

; still no luck with charmander but i got zelda the minish cap for xmas so ive benn playing on that lately!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
tentachu, you can certainly join, so long as you're gonna try to find shinies. *gives new member rep*
and, danzo, pazzkat is correct with her paras'. how can you question somebody as awesome as her? *shakes head*

PazzKat

Years
Ryan, I'm questioning them myself, as I did when I posted them. The evolved Parasect for the normal has a darker shell tone while the shiny has a lighter shell tone. I also remember Paras having a darker shell tone, I'll check into it.

Beat Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, 21 hours, 85% items 91% scans, replaying on hard mode, goal: 100% scans, 100% items, under 7 hours of play time.

Edit!:
Source from a different site, here's what a paras looks like, on the site.
pkfrlgsh046.png

Edit!:
I'll post the differences of the Paras and Parasect now, according to the two sites.

Taken from http://upc.pkmn.co.uk/pictures/sapphire/sapphire.html

Normal Paras and Parasect
sappn45.gif
sappn46.gif

Shiny Paras and Parasect
sapps45.gif
sapps46.gif

Taken from http://www.pokemonelite2000.com/frlgpokemonpicsshiny.html

Shiny Paras and Parasect (No comparison with normal Paras and Parasect)
pkfrlgsh046.png
pkfrlgsh047.png

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
There's the pictures, if you need any help on how to post the pictures, feel free to PM me. I've also included some little pictures, be sure to click on Kiro (I'm pretty sure that's his name) as you will get to see a little loop of him munchin out.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Edit!:
I just felt like I should inform you guys, that I now have over 5 hours of Metroid music. From Metroid to Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, I have most of the songs from the game, I can't think of any I do not have. It seems like no many people post here anymore, besides Ryan, SGM, the occasional new recruits and myself. Can anyone confirm if this is true? Going to bed now, chao.

Last edited:

SkinnyGreenMan

Years
rsgh5 said:
no, i didn't go to the rose parade... *grrrrrr* cal got ripped off and didn't go... so i went to the stupid holiday bowl...
Rose parade, holiday bowl, same dif. :P

yo i am hoping to be a member

i can collect shinies and have seen a shiny groudon

can i join?
Yeah, we except anyone as a member. rsgh5 is usualy the one to let you in, so he probably will next time he is on. In the meantime, have you caught any shinies yet?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
you mock my pain, sgm... you are therefore kicked out of the club and replaced by omega boost. so long as omega boost can answer this question that is...
what do you as a non-american presume are common characteristics for americans? i need to know for a project i'm doing for my english class...
if anybody else has any input (even americans from other parts of the country) i need it

Back