• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Camp Baker!! (No longer under production)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
OK so first off this is a hack that i was requested to make by few good friends. Originaly this was not going to go public, but hey, who cares. Names have been changed so as to hide the identity of people I forgot to ask if I could put them in the game.XD This hack is for all the awesome people I worked with over the summer of 2013 and thems ones who nagged the hell out of me to make this. Thanks for the great summer!!
----------STORY----------
You are a young boy who REALLY wants to go to Camp Baker! A place said to make dreams come true, your life 100,000,000,000 times better, and a place to learn about who you really are. Based on a real place!! Now to continue with the story: Your mom then decides that it would be better for you to attend the new Pokemon Trainer School that just opened up in the small town of Rosewood. But Camp Baker is something that you've always dreamed of doing! So you sneak out later that night, and escape to camp baker with your best friend. There you encounter new and familiar faces, fight the great area directors.

----------CURRENT FEATURES----------
  • New outside tileset
  • New region (of course)
  • Lots of nicely made scripts.(such lies wow)
  • New overworld sprite (hopefully if i can get jpans hack engine thing to work ill add different outfits)
  • No gyms they are replaced by area directors and are not mandatory.
  • New title screen(almost complete)
  • Day and night
  • Seasons (idk why i put that in cause this is based on a summer camp lol)

----------PLANNED FEATURES----------
  • Multiple overworld outfits
  • New inside tileset
  • Minigames?(maybe idk how i would get that sort of thing to work though)
  • Less awesomeness.(yes I plan out making it less awesome just due to the fact that if I included all the awesomeness you would probably die)
  • All the eevlutions that I can possibly get my hands on.(one per type)
  • A shadow eevee(not really an evolution but more of a different form)
  • New music
  • Extra camps-kinda like post story or 2nd region type thing.
  • Jobs

----------Screenshots----------

More will be added when i map more. :) yes i will be resizing these soon.

----------CREDITS----------
pokemon fire red rom base Unamed: Dante,Kyledove,WesleyFG,Pey!,xiros,zein,femok, and Eddiee.
Tiles2: me (used project unnamed but added new ones)
Maps: me
Scripts: me
TitleScreen: me
And everyone who made the programs I used and such.
Help would be appreciated cause I suck at sprites.:)
And some of my scripts I can't figure out whats wrong with them.
Pm me if you want to help out with this hack

----------TOOLS USED----------
a-map 1.95 yes 1.95 not 1.92 Muahahahaha!!!!
unamed trainer editor
gen 3 suite
yape
visualboy advance
xse
day,night and season editor
unlz
photoshop
infranview
nameless sprite editor
multichoice editor
FlightTableEditor
jpans hacked engine tool
probably more but I cant remember

----------Downloads----------
Version 1.3 HERE
Older Versions
Spoiler:

----------CHANGELOG----------
v1.3 bug fixes, new maps, annoyance fixes(flashback, beginning tutorial, both removed), jpans hack applied overworld sprites almost completed,
v1.1 bug fixes
v1 First release!

---------KNOWN BUGS----------
A few tile errorsFixed
Fainting causes issues.Fixed
When pokemon faint in beggining of game you get sent back to ROSEWOOD and the game does the nurse joy animations for healing. No idea how to fix this and I dont know if this will do this for the other healing points.Fixed to a point.
Barely any of the scripts on the train work.Fixed
No new scripts in the new update.---I know but I wanted to release the bug fixes and I wanted your opinions on the new maps before I start filling them with scripts and having tons of wasted space
Some sprites look like the player.---I know but I wanted to release the bug fixes and I wanted your opinions on the new maps before I start filling them with sprites and having tons of wasted space

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
nice job man, the story is awsome, and the tiles are very nice.
keep the good work.

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
Years
The tiles look really nice. The story sounds interesting. Are you going to change the minisprites? Are there going to be fakemon? Who are these area directors? Are they camp conselors?

Joexv

Years
This looks kinda cool.. gotta check this out when a release comes out..
Thanks hopefully I can get the first release out in a few days. Just tryin got find a ok place to stop and fix a few bugs.

Why less awesomeness i want maximum awesomeness :(
I'm sorry but the maximum amount of awesomnes may caus ethe world to end. But I will make sure that it gets to the point right before that happens
Looks cool.
But why Camp baker? LOL
Cause that place is awesome and thats what I was asked to base it off of.

The tiles look really nice. The story sounds interesting. Are you going to change the minisprites? Are there going to be fakemon? Who are these area directors? Are they camp conselors?
Yea im planning on changing the sprites to a more green outfit. Proably not many, I was planning on adding eeveelutions but i havent found any that I like yet. The area directors are a secret. The conselors are just gonna be random people except for the few named ones that I've gotten permission from to put them into the game.

Joexv

Years
Version 1 can now be downloaded!!!!!! This version goes up to route 2(right before you get to enter Camp Baker)

download it HERE

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Baker... Is this about drugs LOL JK
I like the story tiles look pretty sweet! Over all I will put this on a must play list of mine and wish you the best of luck with this:)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
i found bugs!
1. next to the brown build has tiles error
2. if my eevee feinted all the game is broke

sorry for my english :(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
i got into other house and all the tiles are in error.
actullay its seems that i in dark rising 2 but with full errors

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
Ah just to Route 2? That's a tease. Good luck this seems interesting and looking forward to seeing more.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Those tree tiles are used by many hacks (with Liquid Crystal being one of them), so to make it stand out more, perhaps you should try something different? ^^" I'm really loving your maps, though. From the looks of it, they seem to be very fun to explore. When it comes to mapping, you're great. Going to download your hack now and see how it goes, haha. Keep it up!

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2019
in route 2 has tile error when you go down
and when i go into the house in route 2 i cant talk with somebody and the tiles are in error

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
This rombase tiles again? It's been used in Dark Rising 2. Why not insert a new one? :) It's great to know you're working on two hacks, but can you manage it? :O

Joexv

Years
This rombase tiles again? It's been used in Dark Rising 2. Why not insert a new one? :) It's great to know you're working on two hacks, but can you manage it? :O

Sorry but im not that good at inserting tiles. I can never get the palletes transfered right. But I like this one, it had a lot of foresty objects that I thought would be helpful. Yea I should be fine doing 2, this one probably wont take priority but i feel like this one won;t take as much to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back