• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could be a Gym-Leader/Elite-Four/Pokemon-League-Champion what would you be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dyenguard

Burst of Flame!
Years
I would love to be a fire gym leader as well!

unlike other gym leaders, I would have a shiny Ninetales in my party, and use a semi-sunny day team. Remember that puzzle from the Ocarina of Time where you had to move around stone blocks with sunshines on them into the light? combine that with mirrors, and that would be my ideal gym puzzle. My gym would be located inside of an ancient ruin, with similarities to the Stonehenge (ex: the light, and positions). My gym prize would be the TM 11 Sunny Day!!

Team:

Shiny Ninetales
Arcanine
Chandelure
Blaziken
Volcorona
Infernape

Years
Hum interesting. As I've said to my RL friends, I'm (or gonna be) a Draconic Master. I'd be like gym leader #8 or an elite four member, using draconic pokés to destroy and burn and... well. Anyway, I'd say that if a trainer faced me for the first time, I'd be using -Kingdra lvl 45 -Haxorus lvl 52 -Flygon lvl 47
-Altaria lvl 44 -Charizard lvl 48 -Gyarados lvl 50

The gym would be divided in 2 sections, the first one depicting a somber cave with dragon bones to decorate and you have to use strenght to move boulders and advance thorough. After that you'd have to go one floor up and appear in a puzzle room filled with fire breathing pokedragon statues that wont let you advance unless you press the corresponding switch( and face my minions while trying to so buahahah).

As a reward I'd give the victor TM 02 Dragon Claw. Also, I'd play a role later on the game helping the player to face *insert game version evil team here* and unblocking some area.

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Name: Cardinal
Region: Johto
Type: Ice
Pokemon: Swinub ( Tackle, Mud Slap, Powder Snow, Mud Bomb)
Snorunt (Bite, Icy Wind, Headbutt, Leer)
Delibird (Present, Facade, Round, Aurora Beam)
Layout: A gym where you push two snowballs into a fire to reveal the gym leader!
TM: Aurora Beam ( It would be added.)

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2023
I would be the first gym leader.. after reading some of the stuff on here, it's kinda changed my opinion. I've always thought I'd want to be champion, because you get to have all the buffed up pokemon, but like it's been said, you'd have a select few challengers.
I'd probably go ghost with,
Spr_5b_622.png

Level 9
Rollout, Astonish, Pound, Thief
Spr_5b_302.png

Level 7
Scratch, Leer, Shadow Claw
I'd set up my gym to be super dim, with a sort of purple glowing light about it. There would be no trainers, just wild pokemon, and the challenge would be trying to get to the right door while the floor moves under you. If you manage to make it to the correct door, you move on scott free, but if you go to the wrong one, you have to make your way through a room with instanced encounters involving a few wild pokemon.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Honestly, I'd probably just be an assistant trainer in a gym and even then I'd only show up sometimes and get kicked out for lack of attendance. XD; Although I think it would be really awesome to be a trainer in Erika's gym because I'd start all my battles saying "Hi, I'm Erica. Are you challenging me?" and never hint that I wasn't the actual gym leader until they beat my Cherrim/Whimsicott team really easily and I'd act all confused when they ask for their badge. 8D

That sounds a lot more appealing to me than being a gym leader especially since, because of Cherrim, I'd have to be a grass gym leader and there's already an Erika grass gym leader even if she can't spell her name right fffffff. But assuming there wasn't, my team would be:

- Whimsicott
- Cherrim
- Carnivine
- Cherrim

And maybe a Shroomish to bug my roommate because I always call him one. My gym would be pretty straight-forward. If I had to have an obstacle in it, I imagine it would be a quiz one like in Blaine's gym. I always liked those kinds. So if you didn't want to fight all my assistant trainers, you could be smart and get through that way. (Or maybe I'd just have people draw Cherrim all over the walls or something. I dunno!) The gym itself would honestly be pretty standard grass-type fare with lots of greenery for the Pokemon to play around in. (I'd just have one room to myself with shaded blinds and stay in there until challengers showed up. Eww, outdoors and sunlight!) I guess I'd probably be like the fourth gym leader since my Pokemon would all be around level 30? I'd at least be past 25 with two Cherrim. I wouldn't want to be a later gym leader because then I'd have to see my Cherrim get trampled by like... giant Charizard-level Pokemon. ;_; No thanks.

At this point, I'm probably better off just invading Celadon City and taking Erika's gym anyway. (Also I didn't even consider being an E4/champion because there's no way I'd get away with having Cherrim on my team if that was my rank. XD)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I would love to be a Gym leader; specifically for Poison types!

Name: Ozzy
Region: Sinnoh
Type: Poison
Pokemon:
  • Swalot (A beastly Pokemon to start with, boasting an amazing Stockpile/Offensive strategy with huge attacking and out-lasting potential. Always been a massive love of mine so it certainly needs a place on my team <3)
  • Roserade (An amazingly powerful Poison type and a staple part of my Wi-Fi team, so I figure it'll be an amazing addition to any gym team. I'll just have to ask Gardenia to stop using her's! xD)
  • Bronzong (I know this isn't a Poison type, but its one of the ultimate users of Toxic and it utilizes a Poison type strategy extremely well; plus most Sinnoh leaders have one Pokemon that's not their type so it fits anyway! Also it'll render those Ground types useless with its Levitate <3)
  • Muk (The strongest of the bunch; it'll mainly use a Toxic/Stall set with some powerful offensive moves thrown in the mix. Its always been my favourite Poison type so its perfect for my partner Pokemon <3)
Layout: A gym revolving around music where you'd have to match certain notes to progress through a dank tunnel with huge steel doors.
TM: Toxic (My all-time favourite Poison type move which any Pokemon can use to its full potential <3)

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2012
I would be a gym leader (Champion too mainstream and Elite Four is just a no-no)
Of course I would have a full Eeveelution team.Of course,my team would be able to pull various stunts shown in the anime,which are impossible to do in the games.

blackmorale

風の行方
Years
Name: Rukami
Type: Dragon
Pokemon: Kingdra, Garchomp, Flygon, Altaria, and the finale, Dragonite!

My gym would be a dome-like structure with a retractable roof to enable my Dragons (and the challengers' Pokemon) to fly freely. :'3 All my Pokemon would have Dragon Pulse as the "theme" move. Same attack would be given as the TM price for my defeat as well as the "Fang Badge". lol

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
I would be a fire type. My character would start out as a gym leader, then an elite four, then the champion.

Name: Flare
Appearance: Red jacket, Dark brown hair, Firey red eyes.
Gym: Cinnabar Island (Rebuilt) (As to why Blaine is not the leader, he retired)
Pokemon: Magmar lvl 35 flamethrower, fire punch, fire spin, slash
Arcanine lvl 34 flamethrower, extreme speed, agility, fire spin
Charizard lvl 38 flamethrower, slash, wing attack, fire spin.
At this time, they aren't really good against their weaknesses. They will though.

Elite Four (Hoenn): Magmar lvl 45 flame thrower, fire punch, blaze kick, dynamic punch. Magcargo lvl 44 flamethrower, rock slide, fire spin, earthquake. Blaziken lvl 47 flamethrower, blaze kick, dynamic punch, slash. Arcanine lvl 49 flamethrower, extreme speed, fire blast, sunny day. Charizard lvl 54 flamethrower, slash, fire punch, fire blast.

Champion (Sinnoh): Torkoal lvl 57 flamethrower, rock slide, eruption, earthquake.
Magcargo lvl 58 flamethrower, fire spin, rock slide, iron defense. Arcanine lvl 60 extreme speed, fire blast, flamethrower, earthquake. Magmortar lvl 60 flamethrower, fire blast, fire punch, dynamic punch. Blaziken lvl 63 flamethrower, blaze kick, sunny day, sky uppercut. Charizard lvl 66 flamethrower, fire blast, slash, solar beam.

Ageha1304

Ageha
Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2022
Name: Ageha
Region: Unova
Type: Mixed, but mostly Dragon
Pokemon:
497.gif
571.gif
581.gif
612.gif
635.gif
637.gif

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
I would be the 8th Leader in Sinnoh, and my Pokémon would be mostly water type (two of them combined types).

Name: Arqui
Type: Water
Pokemon: (5) Wailord, Lapras, Seadra, Swampert and Lanturn.
321.gif
131.gif
117.gif
260.gif
171.gif

lando

Hoenn's Champ
Years
Name: Lando
Region: Hoenn
Type: Water and Dragon

Pokemon: Swampert, Salamence, Milotic, Flygon, Kingdra, and Altaria.

Starting from the right.

dewdott

Gym Leader Joseph
Years
Name: Joseph
Region: Univa
Type: Electric
Pokemon: ( 4 pokemon )

Raichu- has amazing strength and speed pretty much unable to hit

Electrive- amazing attack yet very slow mostly able to catch but his defense is incredible

Jolteon- special attack very good along with his accuracy good with speed but has not very good defense

Luxray - very amazing speed, defense, sp. attack, attack, and accuracy the best of my pokemon very hard to beat but you will haft to if you want to get to elite 4.

Layout: Electicity pulling you up like you got no gravity and putting you in front of me .

TM
: ) ( thunder)

___

NixChill

Who Ya Callin' Pinhead?
Years
I would be want to be a gym leader. my type would be fire because fire is my favorite type.

name:nick
gym rank:8th
region:sinnoh
type specialty:fire
pokemon:Charizard, Camerupt, Flareon, Magmortar and Torkoal

rayan.b

i like cinnamon :)
Years
ide be be a gym leader in the higher ranks (6-8)
name: rayan
region: sinnoh (but i travelled to hoen, met befriend and caught a jirachi there )
type: steel

ide probably take place of byron over rule him and kick him out of the league XD
( but i like byron so much :/ maybe in the games he'd be my father and he'd be so proud of me when i come back from hoen with jirachi and hand the gym over to me :D )

my signature pokemon would be jirachi and the badge would be based on a steel star/steel meteor
and the theme of the gym is going to be mercury where you have to swim your way in liquid metal to me B)
empoleon is gonna be badass and a lot faster when swimming especially in mercury ;)

TM: mercury blast
( new steel move with 60 base power and 100% acc but the added effect is lowering the targets speed by one stage, pretty mush like bulldoze but only its a special move and its a steel type )

i like cinnamon :)

Last edited:
Years
I would want to be gym leader
Name : Shivam
Region : Sinnoh
Type : Flying
Pokemon's : Charizard ,Lugia ,Zapdos ,Dragonite , Gyarados and Scyther

Years
Name: Zechariah
Region: Johto
Type: Dragon
Pokemon: Dragonair, Salamence, Flygon, Dragonite, Garchomp

Badge: A burnt orange, shaped a lot like a Charizard.
Layout: Kind of a ziggurat-shaped maze. Boulders block a clear, trainer-free way to me, and the boulders are immovable. If you're lucky, you only have to face 3 of the other trainers to get to me. If you're unlucky, five.

Awards: The DracoBadge, which permanently raises all of your Pokemon's SPECIAL stats, the ability to use HM07 Waterfall outside of battle,and TM59 (Dragon Pulse).

Last edited:

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
I would be one of the versatile champions with the team:

Dragonite
Scrafty
Snorlax
Torterra
Ninetales
Vaporeon (lead pokemon)

BilbaoTrainer

Crazy Potatoe
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Type: Steel
Gym: 4º

Team (first time):
lvl 23 Aron
lvl 23 Bronzor
lvl 25 Lairon

rematch:
lvl 62 Bronzong
lvl 63 Steelix
lvl 62 Kling Klang
lvl 64 Aggron
lvl 63 Skarmory
lvl 67 Metagross

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Type : Multi
Region : Unova

Pokèmon
Glaceon - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Wish, Shadow Ball. Level 65
Leafeon - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Substitute. Level 63
Vaporeon - Ice Beam, Scald, Wish, Protect. Level 63
Espeon - Calm Mind, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Yawn. Level 67
Umbreon - Wish, Heal Bell, Protect Toxic. Level 66
Shiny Jolteon - Thunder Bolt, Volt Switch, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball. Level 69

Rematch

Glaceon - Ice Beam, Blizzard, Wish, Shadow Ball. Level 88
Leafeon - Swords Dance, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Substitute. Level 91
Vaporeon - Ice Beam, Scald, Wish, Protect. Level 89
Espeon - Calm Mind, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Yawn. Level 86
Umbreon - Wish, Heal Bell, Protect Toxic. Level 87
Shiny Jolteon - Thunder Bolt, Volt Switch, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball. Level 85

Rematch outside of E4
The battle is in a desert ;)
All Pokemon have 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread.
Typhlosion Level 100
~ Eruption
~ Focus Blast
~ Hidden Power Grass
~ Fire Blast
EV's HP 4/SPA 252/Speed 252

Pikachu Level 100
~ Nasty Plot
~ Substitute
~ Thunderbolt
~ Hidden Power Ice
HP 4/SPA 252/Speed 252