• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Player Customization

Years
^ Pokemon Character Clothing would be fun. I'll take a team flare or team rocket suit!

But, then again, they probably would limit this to gym leaders, elite four, protagonists, and non-villainous supporting characters.

Years
I'm basically a doppelganger for Barry or Palmer, so I might as well just use those sprites, ahaha.

I do really like the customization, It's about time they finally got around to doing this. It adds a lot of individuality and character to the games. It'll really feel like you're on your own adventure. I would totally dress up as Lance, cape and all.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
As long as said Gym Leaders + Elite four characters don't have cheesy costumes or anything like that, I'd be okay with it. Seeing as I'm choosing the female protagonist, I wouldn't mind wearing Cynthia clothing, it would seem really badass omg.
It'll be funny if Cynthia is in these games and the player is allowed to Dress like her...maybe it could activate some special Dialogue like "Hmm, you seem familiar...I love that coat by the way." xD

KoolKat vs. Lucas

KoolKat Gold
Years
  • Seen Nov 30, 2013
It looks like we can get outfits (or at least parts of outfits) from past player characters.
Look carefully (or just read the text LOL):
W6bWz5A.png

Years
It looks like we can get outfits (or at least parts of outfits) from past player characters.
W6bWz5A.png

You know, I'm all for this. Including previous protagonists' clothing in the options would be a nice little flashback to the past games. And I do agree that hooded jumper looks so much like Ethan's there.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd love it if they gave us access to Red's clothes. It was simple, yet very elegant. Also, wouldn't it be awesome if they allowed us to use a few of Ash's outfits from the anime? xD As for the female character, I'd like to see them introduce a few clothes that look like Flannery's. It'd be nice if they gave us May's outfit as well, and maybe even Misty's.

Years
If you look you have Lyra hat for Yvonne in the trailer. The pic is also on the website.
sept_p18_07_rv79x.jpg

I do think that hat looks a lot like Lyra's, maybe we will get past protagonists' outfits after all? But still I'm hoping the selection of clothing is diverse and fun.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
W6bWz5A.png

Most hoodies look the same though, I have a bunch that look like that blue one...doesn't mean I'm cosplaying as Ethan every day. I think that's just a regular hoodie rather than an attempt at copying an old style.

I don't see why they can't have clothes based off old protagonists though.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
I'm so incredibly hyped for this feature. OMG. I've been wanting it for sooo long!

At first I wasn't so sure. As there was no mention of outfits, and all we saw was the ability to choose between three preset hair color/skin color/eye color combinations. And we all know by now that Gamefreak usually only takes baby steps (just look at the graphics...) But now we've seen that it's so much more expansive. It really shocked me, to say the least. I just hope there is some way to alter eye color, as well. So I could have lighter skin color with brown eyes and black hair.

Seriously, though, I can see this going wrong and everybody and their dog dressing up as Red. =/

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I am hoping it will be easy to cosplay. Not necessarily just as characters from Pokemon, but in general. Am I expecting Goku hair? No. But using a set of standard hair styles featured in various mediums wouldn't be bad.

What I really want, but doubt will be present in this game, is for you to be able to create your own texture on the clothes. I know Nintendo is capable of doing that because of Animal Crossing New Leaf. However it may not be a top goal for the release of this particular set of games. The next entry however could possibly feature it.

The reason I don't think this is likely is because we know that you can buy certain clothes in various colors. If you had free control over the design of the clothing it probably wouldn't be necessary to include them in an array of colors. You would just have a basic model that you would then edit into the color, or design, you want. But who knows? Maybe a more expensive option will come where you get to 'commission' a fashion designer to make you a personalized outfit?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
The outfit looks more like the generic lass trainers from HG/SS than Lyra's. I wonder if she has a small pony tail on the side under that hat.

Well it was all about the Hat in that post. Also if the game will have Leaf's black robe outfit she have in the manga.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Those clothes do look similar to the generic lass...I sure hope we can dress up like a "cool trainer".
If so, then I wonder how will they implement outfits to dress up as a "swimmer trainer," as well as other hatless trainer classes, if the protagonists will always keep wearing hats. From what I can remember, only the male swimmers wear headgear.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I'd dress up as Team Rocket, koff~

Koffing is always there for me. Er. . . not at the moment, as I'm working on creating another one.

Let's see. It'd be cool to dress up as previous gym leaders and change the color of the the clothes, koffi~

edit: whoa. Just thought of something cool. What if you could dress up your pokemon? That'd be too cool.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
I'm really happy with how this Customization feature has turned out, being able to change practically everything about the player is what we've waned for a long time now! Kudos, Game Freak.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
I wonder if we'll be able to "make" the clothes we'd wear.
Maybe something similar to the Animal Crossing system mechanic-wise?
Flavor/Plot-wise, it's just a matter of including a person with a Leavanny that will make the clothes for money.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I wonder if we'll be able to "make" the clothes we'd wear.
Maybe something similar to the Animal Crossing system mechanic-wise?
Flavor/Plot-wise, it's just a matter of including a person with a Leavanny that will make the clothes for money.
Or maybe someone who's good at sewing but that lacks vision will have us draw designs she or he execute.

Back