• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Breeders Unite!! ~~ Pokemon Breeders Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I started breeding in gen 5, just as an experiment when I found out about the mechanics. I actually was lucky enough to get 3 perfect IVs on one of my very first babies, a Bashful Growlithe, 00/26/31/31/27/31 - well, awful HP, but this little guy made me think, hey, this isn't so hard... I never got past 2 perfect IVs afterwards {XD}

Thank you! I always try to use parents from different languages, just in case I get that lucky. This time I didn't even know what shiny Helioptile looked like, so it was such a nice surprise, I'm glad he isn't alien green like other shinies o.O

Good luck with your Goomy! Try Wonder Trading those babies, people often WT theirs too, so you can get some nice Pokemon. I still have a box of 3-4 IVs Helioptile, and two boxes of 3-4 IVs Staryu, but I think I'll put Rare Candy and stones and stuff on those and WT them closer to Christmas, since they kinda fit with them being stars, hehe.

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
Username: PhantomWolf

What is the Pokemon that you've bred that you are most proud of?: I have not bred any pokemon that im proud of...yet >:)
Partner Pokemon (Up to three, nicknames permitted): Bluey (Shiny Nidoking), Pumpkin Pie (Shiny Zigzagoon
Trophy Pokemon (Read introduction for details): none
Answer to the Current Topic:
Will you participate in the current Pokemon Group Breeding Project? If so, give details if details for project are required: no

I am new to breeding so... hi!

kanakinz.

- - just another pokébreeder
Years
Hi Phantomwolf! I'm Kana. Welcome! Breeding has become an addiction for me, lol. What kind of pokemons have you bred so far?

My projects right now are:
- Trying again to MM a Shiny Mawile. (I did about 2 boxes but I'm taking another break becuase it took me almost forever to get a male with 5ivs and I'm tired of mawiles lol)
- Careful Trevenant with Natural Cure
- Calm Flabebe (that male 5iv mawile should help here lol).

PhantomWolf

SWEET MOTHER TERESA ON THE HOOD OF A MERCEDES BENZ
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 2, 2017
I have bred a nearly flawless gastly....multiple times. Right now I'm not sure what to breed next...

Edited because I don't like how the bergmites are doing...

ALSO! I found a iv probability calculator here: http://destinyknot.tk

Last edited:
Reactions: Tek

kanakinz.

Years
Congrats on your gastly :pink_love:

That probability calculator looks like it'll be useful, thanks! I'm going to bookmark it lol.

My Phantump is pretty close to being done. I have a 4iv father and 3iv mother in the daycare. 2 of the IVs are the same so I'm just hoping that one with 5iv pops out of one of these eggs. Or at least a female with 4iv's that'll give me the desired spread I need in the babies. Lol

Tek

Years
I've fallen behind on my weekly breeding project (as well as a number of other things). However, tonight I will breed a Swablu.
I will post the results when I'm finished. Which may be as late as tomorrow evening, so don't hold your breath. You will lose consciousness and fall down.

UPDATE: the Swablu is nearly ready! The mother has been bred and I'm leveling up the father right now. It may be a couple days until the father is ready since I've got to get it to Lv 49. I'm attaching an image of the breeding chain now. No incest this time, woohoo!

So, are there any breeding projects that y'all are working on? Did you hatch a shiny Mawile yet, kanakinz?

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Good luck with your Swablu! I've fallen behind on breeding as well, nothing new since the Helioptile project sadly.

I do want to breed a Pokemon for a friend's birthday though; apart from favorites, what do you guys think would make a good gift to breed for? Like what would you like to receive?

Tek

Years
Starters would be a solid choice, either just one or a set of three from a region. Depending on how much time you wanna spend, you could add in egg moves or shinies.

kanakinz.

Years
I've been a little busy, so my projects have also (lol) been on hold. I finished my Trevenant actually. Careful with 5IVs (forgot if I left out attack or sp.attack). During this process I got really lucky and hatched a shiny! Not sure if I'll use him though.

My shiny mawile refuses to come out, YZN. Lol. But some of the males are perfect for breeding my flabebe. :) My hours at work are slowing down, so I should be able to find the time.

As for what to breed Miau, I also agree on the starters idea. Who doesn't love at least one of the starters? Depending on who you're sending to, cute pokemon could be an idea too. I for one love my cute pokemon ^-^ But thats just me lol

Tek

Years
Hm yeah shinies are tough to hatch. I haven't hatched one since gen II LOL.

I have an idea for a new topic! Which pokemon do you use to keep your eggs warm and why? I use a Magby in HG that I got from the pokewalker. Why? So I didn't have to go and catch another pokemon! :] Also I think it's neater to have a Magby follow me around rather than a Slugma.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I'm on the Talonflame bandwagon. Flame Body + Fly = WIN. My Talonflame, Fournier, is male though, so it's pretty funny when you think about it, I don't know if there are any bird species in real life where the male hatches eggs too {XD}

I didn't breed much in gen 5, but I remember using Litwick, which is rather odd now that I think about it, since they're supposed so leech off the life force of those around it, so...

And thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll see what I can think of and post about how it went afterwards :)

Tek

Years
Talonflame is winning as an egg hatcher, for sure. And I didn't know that about Litwick, makes me worried about my eggs on White version o_O

I'm still leveling up that Hoothoot, but the dream-eating Swablu IS on its way...

Also I maed a breeding challenge! It's in the challenges forum lol.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Your challenge looks great, YZN, I actually never used a bred Pokemon before the E4, so it would definitely be something new for me to try! I won't be signing up right away though, as I have a couple of challenges in progress right now.

Anyway, I think I should share my latest project: I'm breeding for shiny right now! It's the first time I'm trying the MM deliberately, not just IV breeding with foreign parents for that odd chance, so wish me luck! I kinda need it too, I have 6 full boxes right now, and still no shiny...

I won't reveal what the mother is, since it's supposed to be a surprise, but the father is a 5IV Italian Bulbasaur -- well, now a level 50+ Venusaur from all the time spent it the daycare! The person I got it from wanted a 5IV Storm Drain male Shellos that I bred for him from a Friend Safari Gastrodon and a 3IV Froakie. The full process in the spoiler, I had fun making that pic~
Spoiler:

Tek

Years
Good luck on the shiny! MM odds are better but not great. And those are nice IVs on that Shellos, too.

You don't have to tell me if I'm right, but I'm going to guess who the mother is for your current project. Bulbasaur is in the monster and grass groups. So my poke-breeding intuition tells me... It's either Abamasnow (winter poke) or Cherrim (cutie pie).

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Hehe, it's Petilil that I'm breeding actually. And did I say 6 boxes? Well, make that double and then some; I'm sitting on 13 boxes and still no shiny Petilil :(

Sooo, I'm taking a break and decided to breed a doubles team that I have planned. My first goal: Adamant Dry Skin Croagunk with Fake Out and Drain Punch passed down from Mienfoo. Since three of my planned Pokemon will need to be Adamant, and it's a popular nature anyway, I first bred a Sync Ralts with a random Adamant Pokemon and got an Adamant Ralts with Synchronize, that I planned to use to catch some nice females in the Friend Safari.

The bad news is that afterwards I realized that I'm don't have anyone with Croagunk or Mienfoo in their FS :(

The good news is that I managed to get a few Mienfoo and then a Croagunk off the GTS. And lo and behold, the Croagunk was a 5IV Adamant male, with all egg moves: Quick Guard, Bullet Punch, Fake Out and Drain Punch! So after breeding with Ditto first and then swapping it with a 4IV female, I managed to get an identical male with my OT/ID in just 10 eggs ^^

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Club closed due to a long period of inactivity from the owner.

Ar4VX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back