• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Captace Region (Fakemon + Other stuff)

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I love how after a mod comes and gives a whole bunch of people warnings, two people just walk in and spam.

Two more people added.

First up is Alexa. She's all bundled up in armor and clothing due to the cold climate she comes from. She wields a claymore in battle. If I remember correctly she also has forms of ice magic and or attacks.

Secondly is Moonblade. He wields a spear. I have not much more to say of the guy due to the fact that I know a lot of tedious facts about the dude, but nothing though I think really describe him to well.

I've also gone and fixed up some of the other guys. What really annoyed me was for the longest time I couldn't figure out how I was going to do Raizou's chainmail. Then while doing Alexa I had to do some. The first pattern/style I tried for it worked beutifully, and I was all "God dang it, how is it I wasn't able to figure something that simple for Raizou!" Then I applied it to Raizou. I updated Ryu. I originally wasn't going to pay so much attention to the little guy, but since people have been so kind to critique him, I figured I might as well update and fix him up.

TestExample-3.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok. I've done some more work. With the critique I've gotten (Again, thank you to all who have. Anyone who has given me some critique or just plain out told me I needed work, thank you. I greatly appreciate and it's thanks to you all I've been able to make any improvements so far) I have now fixed up some errors with these. I haven't quite gotten to everything. Ryu has remained fairly unchanged, but I don't care too much about fixing him. Shun-Yu and Raizou are most important to me since I'm actually doing more for them. Raizou I'm getting real happy with, sadly Shun-Yu not as much. Due to a recent decision by his creator, his outfit has changed. That stupid under robe just doesn't look right, but I can't figure how to fix it!

The biggest thing I've done is I've altered the style a bit with them all. I went for as suggested, darker borders and greater contrast. I must say I like it, and it is easier to do due to some colors being less plentiful. I can't say for sure if it's better myself, hence my posting of them. I want to continue to evolve these sprites, so I'm again asking for any critique anyone is giving.

TestExample-4.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
While I'm here I might as well post something. I made an animation. It's just the normal standing pose. I have found that my lack of experience in animation has hampered the quality. I'm not asking for critique on this, just because it's not at my best, I know I can and how I can do better. You're free to comment and critique, I'm just letting you all know it isn't required.

Raizoubob.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Sorry for the long wait with no update. I've been working as much as I can though. I now have an attack started. I'm not going to call it done, or close to it. I know currently it needs plenty of work. I though felt the need to get something made. I plan on improving the sprites and perhaps adding a few frames. I wouldn't mind though some critique or anything. The move I'm showing is one of Raizou few "command" moves. In fighting game terms, I suppose it's called a "623" or as I refer to it as: "shoryuken". It's a simple jab with some advancement. I don't know if I'll be posting animations for more moves, it takes awhile to do sadly. The speeds in the animation are messed, so try and ignore that if possible =P. That lightning doesn't move fast enough when it strikes down.

raizoupunch.gif

Raizou-1.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well then, I'd like to call this an update, but honestly it isn't. I see it more as a glorified bump. I can't stand though just letting my theads go inactive for so long. For over the last weak I got almost no work done. The few sprites I did were crappy as all heck. I also plain couldn't get in the mood to sprite. I decided though I was only wallowing in self pity and decided to just start spriting again. For whatever reason walking sprites are tough. I made this so far. I know it needs more frames, and I know I'm missing stuff like the shield and axe head. I will get all those things added. Just wanted to bump with a little show of what I'm doing.

On a side note. A got a couple of comments about how I don't have an axe move. I find it a little odd that you all thought I had to be told to make an axe attack. To remind everyone, this is a fighting game, and in a fighting game a character has multiple attacks. Just because I make the due throw a punch for my first practice at an attack sprite, does not mean I won't have any axe swings. Raizou will make use of his axe, and those blows will devastate. I'm not quite complaining about the critique I got about that, but I found it funny that multiple people felt they had to suggest to me to do that.

Raizouwalk.gif

RaizouWalking.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
I think I've made enough of a representation of what I want for the walking sprite. I can now move onto a different set of sprites. I probably will just do jumping and or running sprites next. I'm not done with this one, but it looks like what I basically wanted, and I'll tweak and improve it over time. Critique and all that jazz is welcome of course.

RaizouWalkinggif.gif

Ayselipera

They cracked me up, hahahaha!

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well in a fit of boredom, I decided to make this. It will be my avatar for awhile (farewell for now Rhinox). I don't know what more there is to mention of it, so I will leave it at that. I know I said I'd be trying to do nothing but fighting game, but my mind wanders from time to time =P

2ef0cf3faa.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well surprise, surprise. I have actually completed a new sheet of splices. I entered and was challenged to a couple of contests, so I figured I might as well do the rest of my requests and what not.

The first 8 things were all for one contest, 4 recolors and 4 splices. It won it's match. I don't do recolors often, but they are very relaxing and simple fun =D

That flying mixture of ice things also won me a contest.

The Pikachu family with Linoon is another champ =D

The ghost guy on the bottom right I think has won me a contest, but that is only as of right now I believe, I think the contest is still open and it's only winning by one point (funny thing is, I didn't even vote for it, I voted for another guy's sprite I thought did better)

I also have gone and did a request I could swear I was just going to ignore. The huge one on the bottom. It was tough fitting them all in. It was especially tough also because of the things put into it. I somehow pulled through though. Normally had my pride not been so arrogant, I would have just said no to it. Now I really don't want to see everyone and their grandmas jump at the chance to suggest or request huge ones like that. They are hard, and sometimes seem impossible. The final result is hard to figure out when there are crappy to use sprites like Palkia, and Mamoswine. They are big with hard to transfer features, or small and bland. So I'm just saying, request at your own risk, I may just get lazy and deny it or give up.

SpliceSheet44.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
New thing done. Now I have a jumping animation. I still need to find out if there are special jumps for forwards and back though. The height and speed are also pending still.

RaizouJump-1.png

RaizouJump.gif

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok, my inability to just stick to run project has once again taken over. The bright side is that this didn't take long at all, so I didn't waste much time. My friend and I were talking about how Metroid and Castlevania games aren't too different. We figured it wouldn't too hard to make it so Samus would be taking down creatures of the night. This lead to me thinking, and I figured, yeah, it would work. The idea I have would be that you could just take something like Aria of Sorrow, a game I'd assume would be easy to do a ROM hack of. Change the sprites to look like Samus. Then make it so you can only equip the gun weapon, but perhaps make it a little stronger. Samus is now shooting skeletons, axe armors, and even Dracula now. I mean a lot of the sprites would have to be scratched. Like the black panther super fast moving ability could become Samus's hyper speed run thing.

So just to test the waters, I attempted to make Samus in the style. What I got wasn't too bad I'd have to say. I tried it on a background too, and to me she seems similar enough to Soma. She stick out just a little weird due to the orange, but Soma has a pure white coat, so I think it's even. I don't know if I will continue this. I don't think it'd be too hard, and it would be kind of neat. However I do have other projects that probable need more attention to. This though as I said wasn't too hard, every now and again I might throw a few new frames in.

Samus-1.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Ok, I went ahead and changed up some issues that I could figure out that people were telling me about. Better/more realistic standing pose, better abs, and more. I still plan to go back and tweak and fix problems later again. Also more frames and stuff where needed. C+C is again very welcome. I didn't redo the punch since I'm sure how I want to fix it still, so I decided to put it to the side. I should now be back on schedule and work on more jumps, running, and crouch sprites. I also realize I have a finger count inssue in the animation. Lastly I'd like to say please ignore the speed of the animation in some areas. These were very rough estimates, I don't know how fast Raizou will move for these, since I'm not actually in charge of the balancing and coding of the characters. Also the jump is quite exaggerated as a convenient way to loop the animation.

NewRaizou.gif

NewRaizouDisplaySheet.png

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Well everyone, I have to let you all know, I'm putting the Fighting Game on hiatus. I have decided that I am not doing as good as I'd like with the style. So instead of just continuously working on the same old fighting game sprites making small changes to the style, redoing everything continuously, I will instead just work on other things. I will return to my splices, and my Fakemon. I will also continue random projects. The idea is that this will increase my skill, without having the blandness of the same old thing.

So then, here is a new splice sheet to kick things off. A small amount of requests but a few things of my own choice. The trainer sprites are for some RP characters, so pretty simplistic. Oh and the Quilfish splice is suppose to not be great, it's more of an inside joke between a friend and I.

SpliceSheet45.png

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
Years
Wow, these are really good. Everything looks great.
There are only three things that bother me;
Toadette's pigtails
Buneary+Beedrill+Scizor's face
The shading of the jaw on the Sandslash roleplay.

Everything else is just too good to do anything but gawk.

Jappio

Prophet of Lightning
Years
Thanks guys for the comments.

Ok a new sprite finished, and I am particularly found of this one. Probably by far my favorite bad guy. A totally awesome and amazing dude, the King of Evil himself, Ganondorf! I made him for a contest, that I hope to win. If anyone can do it, it's him. He isn't in any specific style. Just a basic sprite I did of the G'Dorf.

Ganondorf.png

Last edited:
Back