• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Released] Pokémon XENOTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Demo beta version 0.5: http://www.mediafire.com/?3z8heaj7670ve9p
Still supported. Your feedback will go towards version 0.6.

Intro
Pokémon XENOTIME, is set in Okyto, a thriving region with a diverse ecosystem. Lush grassland, icy conditions towards the north, desert, sunny beaches and rainy areas make Okyto a wonderful nature reserve. That said, the civilisation in Okyto is very advanced, with top-rate technology used to its full. Collect eight badges as you receive your first Pokémon reluctantly from Professor Larcoon, a woman with a stubborn side. On your adventure, meet countless Pokémon and journey through Okyto on your quest to become the Pokémon champion! It's a perilous journey. You and your Pokémon must be tough enough to take on the incredibly strong elite six then the double battle champion. You must protect the civilians from the evil team, made up of past characters and strengthen your Pokémon, beating several trainers on the way.

xenotime_demo_1_0_screens_by_peekychew-d3dvxpg.png

Features

Okytoregionmap6-1.png

You
Characters-1.png

You'll be able to choose their names, and no, they don't talk.

The starters
Starters-3.png

XENOTIME will be sticking with the standard Grass, Fire and Water starters, but, you'll actually be able to catch the ones you didn't pick at some point into the game.

Battles
new_battle_interface_by_peekychew-d3ijyr1.png

XENOTIME's battle UI. As you can see, it's taken advantage of the wide-screen resolution well, by filling up the space with the enemy and player trainers. There are also no bits for the Pokémon to stand on, since all of the backgrounds I'm using have a large area of ground like here. This part is still being edited.

Babies

blazeknight-94sprites.png

Ever thought that once you've defeated a gym leader and received your one badge, TM and "advice" that it wasn't really worth the effort? Well this feature will certainly fix that! Once you defeat a gym leader, you will receive a hint to the where abouts of a baby Pokémon. To get the 'mon you'll have to try and figure out what the hint meant. Maybe a riddle.

So that the main game isn't over cluttered with hundreds upon hundreds of Pokémon, it is necessary to move some to after the main quest. I'm still deciding weather or not to include 5th gen 'mon, but even if I do, they won't be available until version 2.0 of the demo, which will be out at Christmas. If you feel any of the removed Pokémon shouldn't be, feel free to say.

More info

Team
Names in order of importance
Creator: Peeky Chew, pikarich
Plot: pikarich, Peeky Chew
Mapper: Peeky Chew
In-thread graphics: Peeky Chew
Credits
All for tiles unless otherwise stated
Kyledove

Alistair

Reck

Zein

WesleyFG

Alucus_Of_Borg

PrinceLegendario

Bo0mxBiG

ligtherzein

Poccil

Kizemaru-Kuronosuke

Scarex3wer

chimcharsfireworkd

PokeRemixStudio
- Music
xxseenyweenyxx
- Music
blazeknight-94 - Sprites
korinkublaster
- Sprites
Maybe others, but they didn't ask for credit

Updated 20th May

Last edited by a moderator:

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
It looks really cool, and the PokéDex thing interests me. Best of luck on your project, although, this seems to me like one that'll become popular.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
This looks great. I especially like the second map that has half the town underwater. One great feature you have is that you get an egg after you beat a gym leader. That will be helpful later on.

deeelove

Dradradra drama BEATZZ
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
this looks just awesome. just tell me if you need any help with any graphics!

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Cool game! I like how the second town is half submerged in water! It looks great!

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Garnet: Thanks, and I hope. Would you like a list of the Pokemon not in the main game?

@Wind Gale: Yeah, the under water part is my favourite map so far. That feature is my favourite too, I'm wondering right now if I should reveal which Pokemon eggs you get.

@deeelove: Thanks you. I do need some help with graphics, a proper logo. The art in your signature is really impresive, could you do something like that again? I'd be very interested in seeing more of your work, so if you have a deviant art account or something I'd really like to see it.

@Pokéstorm: Thanks you! And I really appreciate you being the first person to put the support banner in your sig :)

Yes, that's right, Pokémon XENOTIME now has a twitter account for you to follow. You can check it regularly for small quick updates which wouldn't fit on the thread! Just click on the image above and you'll be taken straight to it :)

I'll have another update for you guys soon when Wind Gale has finished Kindle Woods. Also,
s1alvarer (my over mapper) is soon going to start work on the route and city east of Larcoon city. It will be quite a modern metropolis of a Poke city similar to Jubilife but a bit less square.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I can't wait for this to come out! Can you post some more screenshots? What are they Pokémon that are not in the main game? And what eggs do you get?

Sorry for all the questions, its just I'm really excited for this game.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Well I'm pretty sure the Kindle Woods map will be up soon today.
The list of all of the Pokemon would take way too long for me to post right now sadly, but I can reveal Bidoof is one of them and that all starters and legendarys aren't removed.
I'll only reveal one egg for now, and it's...... Skarmory! Yes, Skarmory, probably most peoples favourite bird 'mon will be given to you by a flying gym leader!

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Wow, Skarmory? Awesome! I can't wait to see Kindle Woods. The idea of eggs is great. Oh, one more question, Is there going to be any Fakemon?

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I am almost done with it. I just have one question and sent it to you by PM yesterday.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Pokéstorm: There may be a few fakemon but that won't be a big part of the game. There is one massive new feature to do with the Pokemon that I haven't revealed yet. I expect you'll all really like it. Keep checking the twitter because I may reveal it there first.

@Wind Gale: Yeah, I recieved that pm and I'm pretty sure I replied, although it was on my Wii so you can never really be sure. Also it doesn't tell me what pms I've sent for some reason so pease tell me if you didn't receive a reply.

Slight update here: deeelove will now be making the logo for the thread and banners for people to support with. I have no idea how long it'll take but don't expect anything too soon.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
I didn't get it but I sent a new one because I think I figured it out. I honestly am hoping I didn't so I don't feel like an idiot.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Kindle Woods

I finally finished the map. Peeky Chew said to update it if he was not on when I finished it.

Here it is:
23jof9t.png

This is before Peeky Chew has seen it and edited it. It is not the best, but not half bad.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
@Crazyninjaguy: Thanks and gdgd.

@Wind Gale: That's really good, since I'm pretty bad at routes/forests it's better than I could have done xD There are a few errors about but they can all be fixed easily. Of course the most important thing is what everyone else thinks of it xD
I'll add it to the first post and then soon add one without the lines or errors.

Update: Apart from putting Kindle Woods into the first post we now also have an exceptionally cool logo made by deeelove. I hope everyone likes it!
Give me a few mins to edit it in if it isn't already.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Thanks. I left some spots blank in case you had some idea in mind for the events. I wasn't sre if you like the tall grass since I hadn't seen it on one of your maps. Hopefully you liked it.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Wow, your right. I never realized ow close it looked. When I first used it I did not like it but then after experimenting with it I started to like it.

Wind Gale

Lost With the Wind
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen May 19, 2014
It looks really good Deelove. I am excited for when you do mine. Unless you changed your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back