• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Celadon, All the way to Fuschia! Felt like stopping for the day half-way through but decided to atleast get to Fuschia Town.

-Flew to Pokemon Tower
-Flare VS Marowak: Dig [1], Leer [Miss], Dig [2], Headbutt, Bite, Bonemarang [Miss], Dig [1], Bonemarang [Miss], Dig [2] [Crit], Marowak Faints!
-Saved Mr. Fuji!
-Obtained Poke Flute
-Killed Snorlax #1
--Random Battle
---Flare VS Voltorb: Screech, Dig [2], Self-Destruct [Miss], Voltorb Faints!
---Flare VS Electrode: Spark [Miss], Dig [2], Electrode Faints!
[^Put in for lulz. Killed 2 Pokemon only using one move!]
-Remembered to get Bike
-Made it to Fuschia
-Paid for 4,550 Coins at Game Corner
-Bought Iron Tail and taught to Ashe
-Evolved Ashe into Arcanine
-Got Surf HM on Second Try in Safari [+ Tons of other Moves/Items]
-Fished a Goldeen to be my Slave for Surf

I have beaten two trainers in the Fuschia Gym so far and kind of got bored so my team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv45
-Brick Break
-Mega Punch
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv40
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Flame Wheel
-Secret Power

Flareon [Flare] Lv40
-Dig
-Fire Spin
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Meowth [HM Slave]
Goldeen [Slave2]

Plan on maybe getting Shadow Ball for Flareon.

Btw, I'm really liking these Monotype challenges. They make me think alot more over their movesets and interest me alot more than playing Pokemon normally. Can't wait for Fire Monotype of Emerald for some reason.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I went to the library and then to Lake Valor where I beat Saturn. I then went to Lake Verity where I beat Mars. I then headed north to Snowpoint City. I then beat Candice and got the 7th badge. I am now in Snowpoint City.
Spr_4d_398_m.png

Mukuhawk (Staraptor) Lv36.
Moves: Close Combat, Endeavor, Quick Attack, Aerial Ace.
Spr_4d_130_m.png

Koiking (Gyarados) Lv36.
Moves: Ice Fang, Surf, Aqua Tail, Strength.
Spr_4d_416.png

Beequeen (Vespiquen) Lv36.
Moves: Heal Order, Slash, Power Gem, Hyper Beam.
Spr_4d_198_m.png

Donkarasu (Murkrow) Lv36.
Moves: Night Shade, Faint Attack, Fly, Wing Attack.
Spr_4d_414.png

Gamale (Mothim) Lv36.
Moves: Protect, Gust, Hidden Power, Psybeam.
Spr_4d_426.png

Fuwaride (Drifblim) Lv36.
Moves: Gust, Thunder, Payback, Ominous Wind.

Years
Decided to Play a bit more and do some training. Celadon to Fuschia!

-Defeated Snorlax #2
-Destroyed Cycling Road [After like, 50 Poisons]
-Fuschia Gym: VS Koga
--Flare VS Koffing: Bite, Sludge, Bite, Koffing Faints!
--Whole Freakin' Team VS Muk: Dig [1], Minimize, Dig [2], Minimize, Dig [1], Minimize, Dig [2] [Miss], Acid Armor, Bite [Miss], Acid Armor, Bite [Miss], Toxic, Bite [Miss], Change to Ashe, Minimize, Secret Power [Miss], Toxic, Flame Wheel, Sludge, Flame Wheel [Miss], Change to Flame, Sludge [Poisoned], Flamethrower, Muk Finally Freakin' Faints!
--HM Slave VS Koffing: Hyper Potion > Flare, Sludge, HM Slave Faints! Go Flare! Bite, Sludge [Crit], Bite, Koffing Faints!
--Flame VS Weezing: Flamethrower, Sludge, Hyper Potion > Weezing, Flamethrower
-I HAD NO FREAKING ANTIDOTES! I HAAAAAAAAAAAAATE POISON!!!!!
-Obtained Soul Badge!

You have no Freakin' Idea how much I wanted to rip out the insides of this laptop [playin on emulator]. Stupid Poison...GRRRRRHHHHHHH!

My Poisoned Team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv46
-Brick Break
-Mega Punch
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv44
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Flame Wheel
-Secret Power

Flareon [Flare] Lv43
-Dig
-Fire Spin
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Meowth [HM Slave]
Goldeen [Slave2]

Zaos

Pokémaniac
Years
Well, if you use an emulator then technically you have access to all the games lol. Also, usually people make updates are made throughout the game, not just once at the end (although I'm not sure if you meant gym instead of game). I typically like to update once every two gyms or so, depending how far I get in a day. Have fun! :D.

Oh thanks :D And as for availability of games, those are the ones that I have, that I don't feel like searching head over heels for the rest :P (Hg/ss keep getting black screened after the oak intro etc)

Anyway, now MY first update!

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2011
Last badget get.

Took down Juan. Battle wasn't overly difficult with Shiftry, Crawdaunt and Ebony doing most of the work. His Seadra was the main contender and definitely put up a huge fight. It was a back and forth battle until he used Rest the second time and I was able to Swords Dance up and 1 shot it. (Yay).

I'm sure his harem will console him adequately.

Going to level up a bit and hit the elite four.

My Dark Emerald Mono-Type team:

:t262: L.42 Shadow the Naive Mightyena
Bite / Dig / Poison Fang / Toxic
:t275: L.45 Penumbra the Modest Shiftry
Solarbeam / Faint Attack / Growth / Sunny Day
:t302: L.43 Stalker the Impish Sableye
Shadowball / Confuse Ray / Faint Attack / Psychic
:t332: L.43 Noire the Bashful Cacturne
Needle Arm / Substitute / Leech Seed / Focus Punch
:t342: L.42 Aphotica the Quirky Crawdaunt
Hidden Power (Elec) / Ice Beam / Brick Break / Surf
:t359: L.44 Ebony the Gentle Absol
Hidden Power (Fighting) / Slash / Swords Dance / Aerial Ace

Years
Update

After defeating the elite 4, i got the ticket from professor elm boarded the ship. I fought every trainer on the ship and found the old mans granddaughter. I left the ship and went to vermillions gym and challenged lt. surge. I gave Hydra its exp. share and seahorse took his whole team out with surf.

Walked over to lavender town and went to the gym and challenged sabrina. Sabrina got pretty close to winning. My slaves kinda saved me. I sent them out so i could revive my fallen pokes.

Went to celadon and checked out the tm's there. Since there was nothing useful, i went to the gym. Erika was easy until bellosm. She took minimum damage from horsea's twister and killed her, so Hydra had to finish it with slam.

I forgot to grab a bike.. again. So i went back to the elite 4 and killed them real fast.

Flew to golden rod, got my bike, swam to kanto and made my way to fuschia. I went into the gym and killed janine. Slam and twister did the job.

Made it through rock tunnel and to the power plant. Went to cerlean and got the part, went back to the plant, gave it to them, went to lavender, got the radio card, flew back to cerlean, ran into a trainer, and hydra evolved into a dragonite, finally. Found misty on a date, went to her gym and challenged her. Hydra died against her lapras, due to blizzard, and seahorse was constantly getting frozen by her starmie. I killed it though.

Forgot to get the radio to, so i challenged the E4 again.. Flew to goldenrod and got the radio thingy on the pokegear. Swam back to kanto again.. Flew to vermilion, woke snorlax and killed him. Ran threw diglet cave and killed brock really quick.

Made it to pallet town, swam to cinnabar, met blue, swam to the islands, killed blaine, swam back to cinnabar, and blue went back to his gym.

Flew to viridian and beat blue easily.

Lost really bad against red, so i'm grinding them to level 70 on the E4.

My Current Team...

Hydra/Dragonite

Level 64

-Slam
-Wing Attack
-Thunder Wave
-Outrage

Seahorse/Kingdra

Level 67

-Surf
-Smokescreen
-Agility
-Twister

My next update, i will have defeated red.

After about 15 E4 fights, i bought a lot of items (revives and full restores) and i challenged Red

Red, defeated

He started with his pikachu, and i started with seahorse. I used surf and it was dead. His next pokemon was espeon. I used surf twice, dead. Next up, snorlax. I sent out hydra and started using outrage and slam until it died with slam. The next one was blatoise. I had seahorse use twister until it fainted. Next was venusaur. Hydra took it out easily with wing attack. One or 2 shots. And his final pokemon was charizard. Sea horse used surf and that was the end of it.

My Final Team

Seahorse/Kingdra

Level 75

-Surf
-Smoke Screen
-Agility
-Twister

Seahorse was really helpful. Especially since i basically did a solo run with her.

Hydra/Dragonite

Level 72

-Slam
-Wing Attack
-Thunder Wave
-Outrage

Hydra ended up as a filler pokemon. I really didn't need him to do this one. If i didn't catch him, i probably would have a level 90 kingdra or higher.

Done with johto now. The next game will be,Sapphire. I think I'll hack in a Bagon to begin with. But i won't start that till later.

Last edited:
Years
Saffron City! Did every battle in Saffron, leveling up quite a bit.

-Destroyed all the Trainers
-VS Rival
--Ashe VS Pidgeot: Iron Tail [Miss], Featherdance, Flame Wheel, Wing Attack, Flame Wheel, Pidgeot Faints!
--Flare VS Blastoise: Protect, Dig [1], Protect, Dig [2] [Fails], Water Gun [Crit], Dig [1], Water Gun [Miss], Dig [2], Water Gun, Dig [1], Water Gun [Miss], Dig [2], Change to Flame, Water Gun, Fly [1], Water Gun [Miss], Fly [2], Blastoise Finally Faints!
--Ashe VS Growlithe: Secret Power, Take Down, Secret Power, Growlithe Faints!
--Ashe VS Exeggcute: Flame Wheel, Exeggcute Faints!
--Ashe VS Alakazam: Bite, Future Sight, Bite, Alakazam Faints!
-Got Lapras and named it Lapras
--Silph Co.: VS Giovanni
---Flare VS Nidorino: Dig [1], Horn Attack [Miss], Dig [2], Nidorino Faints!
---Flame VS Rhyhorn: Fly [1], Stomp [Miss], Fly [2], Fury Attack [2 Hits], Brick Break, Scary Face, Brick Break, Rhyhorn Faints!
---Flame VS Kangashkan: Brick Break, Tail Whip, Brick Break, Kangashkan Faints!
---Flame VS Nidoqueen: Tail Whip, Fly [1], Poison Sting [Miss], Fly [1], Tail Whip, Fly [1], Double Kick [Miss], Fly [2] [Crit] [Poisoned-Self]
-Obtained Master Ball!
-Got Hitmonchan and named him Chanlee
-Put Lapras and Chanlee in Box
-Saffron Gym: VS Sabrina
--Flare VS Kadabra: Calm Mind, Dig [1], Reflect, Dig [2], Hyper Potion > Kadabra, Bite, Future Sight, Bite, Kadabra Faints!
--Flare VS Mr. Mime: Bite, Calm Mind, Bite, Mr. Mime Faints!
--Flare VS Venomoth: [Future Sight Hits] Fire Spin, Psybeam, Fire Spin, Psybeam, Fire Spin, Venomoth Faints!
--Ashe VS Alakazam: Bite, Psychic, Bite, Alakazam Faints!
-Obtained Marsh Badge!

My Team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv49
-Brick Break
-Mega Punch
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv49
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Flame Wheel
-ExtremeSpeed

Flareon [Flare] Lv49
-Dig
-Fire Spin
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Years
  • Seen Mar 19, 2015
Hey.
I am Still doing my bug challenge from the old thread but I am also going
to do an electric ultimate monotype challenge.

Years
Fuschia to Seafoam & Pallet to Cinnabar! My Pokemon are high leveled right now.

-Made it to Cinnabar [After many Seadra Poison Points]
-Went through Pokemon Mansion, collecting everything
-Beat all the gym trainers
-Bought some more Burn Heals
-Cinnabar Gym: VS Blaine
--Ashe VS Growlithe: ExtremeSpeed [Crit], Growlithe Faints!
--Ashe VS Ponyta: ExtremeSpeed, Bounce [1], Change to HM Slave, Bounce [2], HM Slave takes hit and Faints! Go Ashe! Hyper Potion > Ponyta, ExtremeSpeed, Ponyta Faints!
--Ashe VS Rapidash: ExtremeSpeed, Fire Blast, Hyper Potion > Rapidash, Bite, Bite, Fire Blast, Bite, Rapidash Faints!
--Flare VS Arcanine: Dig [1], Take Down [Miss], Dig [2], Take Down, Dig [1], Take Down [Miss], Dig [2], Arcanine Faints!
-Obtained Volcano Badge!
-Went to One Island
-Got Meteorite & Tri-Pass
-Taught Ashe Fire Blast

My team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv53
-Brick Break
-Mega Punch
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv54
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Fire Blast
-ExtremeSpeed

Flareon [Flare] Lv53
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Quick Attack

the :D

<- heracross ftw!
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2012
holy crap this looks entertaining... a while ago, I started a challenge in a LeafGreen ROM, but never got around to posting it. luckily, I've kept a vigilant log of what I've done.

here's my log so far:

UMC -- LeafGreen -- WATER type

00:00 - started game -- player name 'RED', rival name 'BLUE'. starter SQUIRTLE.
00:02 - beat BLUE in first battle in OAK's lab.
00:22 - up to this point, training SQUIRTLE. now level 9, almost 10. bought some items for the forest ahead.
00:36 - got to PEWTER CITY. started gym challenge. SQUIRTLE now level 12.
01:06 - beat BROCK, SQUIRTLE now level 15.
01:10 - SQUIRTLE evolved into WARTORTLE.
01:23 - paid an 'outrageous' $500 for MAGIKARP (I mean, I think it's fair...).
02:13 - took care of TEAM ROCKET and got the DOME FOSSIL (KABUTO, I think).
02:24 - got to CERULEAN CITY.
02:29 - began CERULEAN GYM challenge. defeated first trainer, 2HKO each pokemon.
02:34 - ended CERULEAN GYM challenge. defeated MISTY. BITE being my main asset here.
02:39 - beat BLUE in second battle.
02:57 - took NUGGET BRIDGE challenge, won, earned 1 NUGGET.
03:29 - got past all the approximately 70,000 trainers on the route to BILL's house.
03:46 - MAGIKARP (finally) evolves into GYARADOS.
03:49 - arrive in VERMILLION CITY. get VS SEEKER in POKECENTER.
04:29 - got on the SS ANNE and beat BLUE a third time.
04:34 - finished off the rest of the trainers with cheifly GYARADOS. left ship.
04:38 - walking in the grass looking for a MEOWTH (an HM slave). finally caught him after much effort (all moves too powerful = 1HKO).
05:02 - (nervously) began VERMILLION GYM challenge. hoping that the fact I taught WARTORTLE DIG will make a difference.
05:05 - DESTROYED the first trainer's PIKACHUs. hopes a little higher now.
05:14 - FIRST EVER LOSS IN ANY POKEMON GAME. LT. SURGE wiped the floor with WARTORTLE and GYARADOS. not surprising, but discouraging nonetheless. WOULD HAVE WON FOR ONE THING: RAICHU's DOUBLE TEAM.
05:17 - took care of RAICHU with DRAGON RAGE - 2HKO. defeated LT. SURGE.
05:45 - 'hello, RED. have you caught 10 pokemon yet? no? NO HM05 FOR YOU!' looks like I'm going to have to catch some pokemon.
05:56 - went on a catching spree and caught 3 pokemon, one of them CATERPIE who I plan to evolve to get the other 2 entries.
07:05 - entered ROCK TUNNEL.
07:57 - get to LAVENDER TOWN. beat BLUE in fourth battle in POKEMON TOWER (no RATICATE??).

CURRENT PARTY

Spr_5b_008.png

WARTORTLE, level 30
-bite
-water gun
-dig
-tail whip

Spr_4h_130_m.png

GYARADOS, level 29
-bite
-dragon rage
-tackle
-splash

Spr_4h_052.png

MEOWTH (HM slave), level 14
-bite
-flash
-cut
-scratch

Last edited:
Years
First update for dragon UMC on sapphire.

I dont really have to explain what happens in the beginning , so i won't. I chose treecko as my starter since torchic poses more of a challenge than any of them.. After killing may and getting my pokeballs, i hacked in a level 2 bagon. Hacking it in was actually VERY difficult. And catching it was even harder. I eventually got it though. On my way to the forest, i helped wally catch a ralts. Against the rich boy with the zigizagoon, he used a full restore to heal it... I found that to be very interesting.. And stupid. I went through the forest, saved the devon worker, made it to rustboro. I entered my least favorite gym. I always die a thousand times against roxanne. I enter the gym at level 11 and after i defeated her i was level 16.. Her geodude was kinda easy. It died by a few bites. Nosepass sucked. Once it used rock tomb, i was slower than it. I had to use a potion once, so i could do the final blow.

Ran into the devon worker guy. Got the devon goods. Got the letter to give to steve and left to mr. brinneys house. road to dewford. ran through rock cave in the dark. gave steven his letter. went to the gym and challenged brawly. It took me 3 tries to beat him. I used headbutt the whole time.

I'm done for now.

My Current Team...

Level 20

-Bite
-Rage
-Leer
-Headbutt

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
Well, I'll post my progress since the 5th gym in pokemon sapphire. I beat norman with x items, then I went to mauville and turned off the generator in new mauville. Then I surfed east from mauville, eliminated the bird keepers, and fought some of the bug keepers/maniacs north of the bird keepers. Then I took care of the 1st pokemon ranger after several tries (I hate mega drain...). The 2nd wasn't overly hard, and then I headed north to the weather institute. Beat team aqua there, beat may right after, and skipped the ninja boys and healed at fortree city. Then I went back and eliminated the ninja boys for xp. Started route 120, beating 1 trainer and getting a rare candy. Then I taught facade to lombre. Afterwards, I went and defeated gabby and ty. I told them, "Um". Then I laid waste to the bird keeper here. Got the devon scope from steven, so next time is the fortree gym!

Years
One Island, Two Island, Three Island, Viridian! Leveled up a bit, not too much though.

-Accepted Sidequest to find Lostelle
-Found Lostelle and defeated Pedo-Pokemon Hypno
-Went back to Kanto
-Went back to One Island and fought trainers on path up to Mt. Ember and on Mt. Ember
-Flew back to Viridian
-Beat The Gym Trainers
-Viridian Gym: VS Giovanni
--Ashe VS Rhyhorn: Iron Tail, Rhyhorn Faints!
--Flame VS Dugtrio: Fly [1], Slash [Miss] [Wtf, how can heads Slash? 0.o], Fly [2], Dugtrio Faints!
--Ashe VS Rhyhorn: Iron Tail, Rhyhorn Faints!
--Flare VS Nidoqueen: Dig [1], Earthquake, Flare Faints! Go Flame! Fly [1], Body Slam [Miss], Fly [2] [Poisoned], Body Slam, Fly [1], Body Slam [Miss], Fly [2], Nidoqueen Faints!
--Flame VS Nidoking: Fly [1], Thrash [Miss], Fly [2], Thrash, Hyper Potion > Flame, Thrash, Fly [1], Thrash [Miss] [Confused], Full Heal > Nidoking, Fly [2], Nidoking Faints!
-Obtained Earth Badge!
-Taught Flame Earthquake

My team is;

Charizard [Flame] Lv57
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv56
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Fire Blast
-ExtremeSpeed

Flareon [Flare] Lv56
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Bite
-Quick Attack

Viridian to Indigo Plateau! Beating the Elite Four! Also, I Beat them but I saved over my file during the credits on VBA and It erased my file on the actual game so I have now way of playing the rest of the game, but I did happen to snag a picture.

-Route 22
--VS Rival
---Ashe VS Pidgeot: Fire Blast, Wing Attack, ExtremeSpeed, Pidgeot Faints!
---Flame VS Rhyhorn: Brick Break, Rock Blast [4], Flame Faints! Go Flare! Dig [1], Take Down [Miss], Dig [2], Rhyhorn Faints!
---Slave2 VS Blastoise: Revive > Charizard, Bite, Slave2 Faints! Go Hm Slave! Hyper Potion > Flame, Bite, Hm Slave Faints! Go Flame! Earthquake, Rain Dance, Fly [1], Water Gun [Miss], Fly [2], Water Gun, Earthquake, Water Gun, Flame Faints! Go Flare, Water Gun, Dig [1], Water Gun [Miss], Dig [2] [Crit], Blastoise Faints!
---Chanlee VS Growlithe: Revive > Flame, Take Down, Hyper Potion > Flame, Take Down, Chanlee Faints! Go Flame! Earthquake, Growlithe Faints!
---Ashe VS Exeggcute: Fire Blast, Exeggcute Faints!
---Ashe VS Alakazam: Bite, Disable, ExtremeSpeed, Alakazam Faints!
-Entered Victory Road
-Taught Flame Dragon Claw
-Dug Out and Healed
-Taught Flare Shadow Ball & Return
-Made it to Indigo Plateau
--Elite 4: VS Lorelei
---Dewgong Was Easy
---Cloyster set up spikes and delayed the Battle, but I broke through
---Lapras took out almost ALL of my pokemon
---Slowbro was defeated with Bite's Flinch and a Critical
---Jynx annoyed me with Attract but I destroyed her with Fire Blast
--Elite 4: VS Bruno
---Onix was Iron Tailed to Death
---Fly 1HKO'd Hitmonchan
---Machamp took 2 Fly's because of Bulk Up and ended up fainting my Flame. Eventually Taken out by Ashe
---Second Onix took out Flare with Earthquake but Ashe Iron Tailed it
---Revived Flame and 1HKO'd Hitmonlee
--Elite 4: VS Agatha
---2HKO'd First Gengar with Bite
---2HKO'd Golbat with Flamethrower
---2HKO'd Arbok with Dig, leaving Flare with 9 HP
---1HKO'd the Second Gengar with a Critical Bite
---Almost 2HKO'd Haunter but he used Hypnosis/Dream Eater Combo. Eventually took out with Bite
--Elite 4: VS Lance
---Ashe and Gyarados had a Bite War until the Gyarados used Hyper Beam and Ashe ExtremeSpeed'ed him
---Tried Flares Shadow Ball, Failed, Used Hyper Beam, Giving me the upper hand!
---Used Charizards Dragon Claw on Dragonite. It used Outrage and Full Restored after, Then it Critical Outraged me. Revived Flame and Dragon Clawed it.
---Healed Flame and took out the Dragonairs with Dragon Claw
--Champion: VS Rival: Nicko!
---Took out Pidgeot Fairly Easy
---Rhydon used an Earthquake/Scary Face Combo. Taken down by own Earthquake
---Flame was taken down by 2 Hydro Pumps and almosted defeated him with Flare but he Full Restored [Damn It!]. Got Critical with return and beat him! YESH!
---Almost taken down by Alakazam's Psychic, but he got critical after. Took him out with Shadow Ball
---Took down Exeggcutor with Flame's Flamethrower, after he used his, like, 50th Full Restore.
---Arcanine spammed ExtremeSpeed, but was taken down by Earthquake
-FINALLY WON! After 8 Max Potions, 8 Full Restores and 17 Revives, I Beat the Elite 4!
-Saved at Credits but now I can't play the file again... here's my Final Screen:
sigpic235214_4.gif

Charizard [Flame] Lv60
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Fly

Arcanine [Ashe] Lv61
-Bite
-Iron Tail
-Fire Blast
-ExtremeSpeed

Flareon [Flare] Lv60
-Dig
-Flamethrower
-Shadow Ball
-Return

Meowth [HM Slave]
Goldeen [Slave2]
Hitmonchan [Chanlee]

Will Start Johto Tonight/Tomorrow

Last edited:

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
I'll sign up for a Water type run on Emerald and I'll be starting now so update should be soon :)

Okay, update time #1:

-Started, named myself OTH (You might be able to guess why later..)
-Choose Mudkip, named him Lucas
-Beat May easily
-Trained Lucas to level 10.
-Caught Wingull, called her Haley - trained her to level 8.
-Caught Lotad, named him Nathan - trained him also to level 8.

Next to train the team onto level 10 before battling trainer numero uno.

Team:
emesprani258.gif

Lucas/Mudkip - L10

emesprani278.gif

Haley/Wingull - L8

emesprani270.gif

Nathan/Lotad - L8

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Well, my last update was at the end of LeafGreen with my Fighting powerhouse team. Now on to SoulSilver for Johto. I am pretty far into the game at this point since I have forgotten to update, so a lot of details are going to be pretty skimpy. For the sake of you readers, I'll use bullets so you won't be intimidated by a foot long wall of text.

Named myself I again, and Rival ASH.

Update 1 - Start to Victory Road
Spoiler:

Elite Four (First Time)
Spoiler:

I am currently in Kanto with 3 or so Badges to go. Nothing really gave me any trouble, not even Sabrina. Still need Fuschia, Viridian, and Cinnabar Island Gyms.

Team I:
Spoiler:

Next update will be soon, probably for E4 second battle.

Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2010
Okay, I beat winona on my 2nd try. Then I went south to route 120. I've beaten 2 trainers. I'll beat more soon.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
Years
Started a Poison type challenge a while back for Red.
My current team is:

Assassin (Arbok) L22
-Wrap
-Bite
-Poison Sting
-Dig

Guardian (Gloom) L28
-Absorb
-Poisonpowder
-Acid
-Sleep Powder

Lord (NidoKing) L27
-Horn Attack
-Mega Punch
-Thrash
-Poison Sting

Lady (NidoQueen) L27
-Body Slam
-Bubblebeam
-Thunderbolt
-Poison Sting

Archer (Golbat) L26
-Bite
-Confuse Ray
-Leech Life
-Whirlwind

I've got three badges now, and going through Lavender.
I feel like everyone has done this type on this game, but oh well... It's exciting!
Any other suggestions would be nice, that could help me on my adventure to the end. (Yet Again)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Okay, I've made some progress here on LeafGreen.

• Battled through Rock Tunnel after Magikarp evolved into Gyarados (\O/) and I taught it Water Pulse and destroyed the Hikers with it.
  • Got to Lavender Town, battled Hal and swept him with Gyarados easily.
  • Used a couple Repels and defeated all the Channelers with Freed's Confusion.
  • Went back down, biked to Celadon and got Fly, taught it to Bob.
  • Cleared out the Hideout in the Game Corner with everyone chipping in, defeated Giovanni easily with Gyarados and Water Pulse+Dragon Rage.
  • Challenged the gym, rotating everyone and defeated Erica easily with Charmeleon.
  • Went back to Lavender Town and killed Marowak and rescued Mr Fuji.
  • Going back to Celadon, I killed the Snorlax and started down Cycling Road but ended up going back to Lavender Town to take the easier route to Fuchsia down the coast.
  • In Lavender Town, renamed Gyarados Omnomnom and Charmeleon Salamite as I promised in my first post lol.

Gonna go to Fuchsia next. The coastal route is set for my rampage.

Team Fargo:
Spr_3f_012.png

Freed (Butterfree, M) - L31
Nature: Bashful
Ability: CompoundEyes
Moves: Confusion, Tackle, Thief, Stun Spore
Spr_3f_017.png

Bob (Pidgeotto, M) - L31
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Quick Attack, Secret Power, Wing Attack, Fly
Spr_3f_042.png

Venom (Golbat, M) - L31
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Wing Attack, Astonish, Confuse Ray, Bite

Spr_3f_130.png

Omnomnom (Gyarados, F) - L31
Nature: Bashful
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Bite, Tackle, Water Pulse, Dragon Rage
Spr_3f_005.png

Salamite (Charmeleon, M) - L30
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Blaze
Moves: Aerial Ace, Brick Break, Ember, Dig
Spr_3f_052.png

Meowth, M - L10 @ Cheri Berry
Nature: Quiet
Ability: Pickup
Moves: Scratch, Flash, Bite, Cut

Last edited:
Years
-Defeated Norman using only Ninjask, who was able to outrun all his pokemon, and endure taking a pair of facades from his lead Spinda to get 2 Swords dance, so slash was a OHKO
-Got HM03 for Pelipper
-Went and Got TM13 from the Abandoned ship, also for Pelipper
-Headed west from Mauville, then north
-Liberated the Weather Institute, recieved a Castform holding a Mystic Water, which i gave to Pelipper (i'm noticing a trend here)
-Defeated May, and Swablu evolved after the battle
-Used 3 PPups on Beautifly's Silver Wind to Max it out
-Got the hidden power tm from the lady in fortree, and tested it on the kecleon you battle with steven. Pelipper was Psychic, Beautifly was flying, as was Ninjask, and Altari's was as well. I taught it to Pelipper in the end.
-Beat Winonna, with Pelipper doign most of it.
-Headed to Lily Cove, healed and ventured to Mt. Pyre
-Caughta Wailmer for the water HM's
-Aquired TM30, Shadow ball, taught to Ninjask, since it runs off attack due to being ghost type
-Beat the Aqua's at Mt. Pyre and got the Magma Emblem. off to the volcano!
Current Team
Spr_3e_279.gif

Pelipper(lvl 40)
-Surf
-Shock Wave
-Ice Beam
-Hidden Power (Psychic)
Spr_3e_267.gif

Beautifly (lvl 40)
-Giga Drain
-Silver Wind
-Gust
-Facade
Spr_3e_291.gif

Ninjask (lvl 39)
-Swords Dance
-Slash
-Shadow Ball
-Dig
Spr_3e_334.gif

Altaria (lvl 40)
-Aerial Ace
-Dragonbreath
-Dragon Dance
-Sing

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
Years
Hoehn Electric update:

-defeated team aqua at mt pyre easily
-went to jagged cliff and into team magma's secret lair. had a little trouble beating maxie, his camerupt wiped me out the first time. second time used Raichu's double team against mightyena to gain some evasiveness against camerupt but he used roar so that didn't help. beat his mightyena than maxie sent out camerupt. i sent out electrode and used selfdestruct right away. took out more than half his hp. then used magneton's supersonic and got camerupt to hurt himself before killing magneton with earthquake. manectric finished him off with strength.
-currently in lilly cove getting ready to move on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back