• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]Pokemon in BW2 speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Scyther was in the Safari Zone back in FireRed.

Though speaking of the Safari Zone! If these games have it, I'd expect Kangaskhan, Spinarak/Ariados, Ledyba, Wurmple (and its evolutions), a couple of Unova Pokémon, and several others. I would hope that we get the Pokémon found in the Safari Zone rarely elsewhere, to make them special.

blue

gucci
Years
Scyther appearing early is pretty plausible, in HGSS you could catch one in the Safari Zone and that's technically before the 3rd gym. I really hope that's the case because I'm using one now in SS so I'd love to use Scyther on one & Scizor on the other.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Since Riolu and Lucario are in B2/W2, at what point in the game does anyone here think Riolu can be found? I'm guessing that it can be found after the 3rd-4th badges.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Since Riolu and Lucario are in B2/W2, at what point in the game does anyone here think Riolu can be found? I'm guessing that it can be found after the 3rd-4th badges.

It would certainly be around a route that is near a Dark type gym, if we get one.

Anyhow, I'm already planning my team! I'm gonna go with Snivy and Riolu! I always only train 5 Pokes, because I need room for a slave. ANd highly judging from the "Cutscenes", T-Tar is gonna be in here!

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Perhaps Riolu is found before Homika, as it would be helpful against her seeing how Lucario is Steel, the only catch would be to evolve it before then...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe we'd get "endangered" Unova Pokemon @ safari zone!

Also I'd say Riolu will be found later since Lucario is kinda a powerful Pokemon according to its roles in other games.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Rumor:

These Pokemon will now appear in Unova: Geodude, Scyther, Machop, Hoppip, Tyrogue, Togepi, Corsola, Cacnea, Trapinch, Croagunk, Starly

If this is true then they are certainly choosing them well and that's a great line-up IMO especially Starly.

Assuming this is true, Trapinch makes an awesome addition and would cement who my Ground-type will be.

Geodude, not so good. Them things have Sturdy AND learn self-destructing moves at fairly early levels, so... yeah...

AND WHERE ARE MY CAT POKEMON? IIRC, not one has been announced so far!

Years
I'm loving the new Pokemon so far, Geodude is a disappointment cos that new improved Sturdy makes us want to run from it.

I'm glad Togepi is appearing cos Togekiss is so beautiful.

Croagunk and Starly are looking to be awesome too, I've already decided on Starly for my Flying-type.

blue

gucci
Years
Well this changes my team totally, I'm not sure if these are confirmed but if they are I'll definitely be adding Croagunk & Starly to my team.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm loving the new Pokemon so far, Geodude is a disappointment cos that new improved Sturdy makes us want to run from it.

I'm glad Togepi is appearing cos Togekiss is so beautiful.

Croagunk and Starly are looking to be awesome too, I've already decided on Starly for my Flying-type.

Well this changes my team totally, I'm not sure if these are confirmed but if they are I'll definitely be adding Croagunk & Starly to my team.

What about Pidove? :( BUT ANYWAY, if we were to get other flying types, maybe like Beautifly and Butterfree? Anddd Mothim?! Give us all the flying butterflies plz. I think it'd be awesome if they were all consolidated into one Pokedex. XD;

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Eh, I've already decided that Archeops will return as my Flying type (assuming it's available). Flygon can also learn Fly, at least it could in 4th gen.

And I'd actually prefer to see the bee Pokemon (Beedrill/Vespiquen) to the butterfly Pokemon myself. This despite the fact that I'm terrified of bees IRL.

Years
The bees will proably be excusive to one and the butterflies to the other, or they might mix match them to the different versions with Butterfree in one and Beautifly in the other.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ooh I like the matching idea. Butterfree @ White 2, Beautifly @ Black 2, Vesipiquen @ Black 2, Beedrill @ White 2.

OR, Butterflies in White 2, bees in Black 2. Whichever works. Unova lacks pretty butterfliess. :(

Years
Yeah...this gen was unique as in that it skipped the butterflies and Bees, going for Bag worm or whatever the Leaveny line is and Centipede.
I'm hoping to see powerful bugs such as Heracross and Scisor appear.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah...this gen was unique as in that it skipped the butterflies and Bees, going for Bag worm or whatever the Leaveny line is and Centipede.
I'm hoping to see powerful bugs such as Heracross and Scisor appear.

I feel like we probably won't get Heracross. It seems kinda overpowered for it to appear on its own, and seems like something you'd get through the dream world rather than a strong Pokemon early on. Because really, compare Leavanny and Heracross - there's a difference, lol. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
There are 300 Pokemon in the Pokedex. Does that mean all 5th generation Pokemon will be included?

Should, yeah. If so that'd mean 153 so about 137 (maths?) will be added from past generations. In other words that's like 35 per generation imo.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years

Should, yeah. If so that'd mean 153 so about 137 (maths?) will be added from past generations. In other words that's like 35 per generation imo.

I hope they don't split it evenly like that. I'd like to see them favor gens 1 and 2 over 3 and 4.

Oh and 300-153=147, so about 36.75 from each generation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Gen 3 has 40+ in the game if we go by what Black and White had. We are close to half of Hoenn Pokemon appearing if they do use the Pokemon that were in Black and White.

Years
BW2 sure has a big Pokedex. You know... Game Freak could just troll us and say that they're putting every single Pokemon in the game. OVERKILL TIME. Ha, I could spend a hour just on that 1st route. But then again if we stick to what they officially said-around "300" Pokemon- that is gonna be a lot, still, on each and every route/place/location. Not to mention the random roaming legendaries.

Che, I wonder how Game Freak devised which Pokemon got in or didn't make it... was it some random poll or lottery? Or bribes. I could see that... "100,000 Yen (in U.S. dollars-$1,255.18, that's right, big money) for Gyarados and Magikarp!" "No, Magikarp sucks and Gyarados has double weaknesses!" "Oh yeah-" bla, bla, bla, etc.

Ugh. What a pain to wait for officials to say which previous generation Pokemon got in. Just release them all on one special day. A month til the release of the game maybe?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back