• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do Pokémon eat other Pokémon?

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I do believe pokemon eat other pokemon in all of the above, seeing as various pokedex entries state pokemon preying on each other or even outright eating one another.

Years
I do believe pokemon eat other pokemon in all of the above, seeing as various pokedex entries state pokemon preying on each other or even outright eating one another.

Yep. I think heatmors one dex entry ( white or black 1) went as far as to say that heatmor actually use its fiery tongue to burn out durants insides... or something. It seemed like one of the more mature dex entries in a while

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Yeah, as people have been saying, there have been dex entries that state that certain pokemon eat others. There have also been a few instances in the anime where this happened, though we have never actually seen a pokemon eat another.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Various PokeDex entries mention the Pokemon either eating other Pokemon, or mention the Pokemon itself being eaten. So it definitely does happen, even if we can't actually see it.

In the anime we've seen various instances of humans trying to eat Pokemon; I wouldn't be surprised if (especially in the first season) there were some instances of a Pokemon attempting to eat another.

I cannot speak for any of the manga, though. Granted, PokeSpe can be kind of gruesome at times so it's definitely a possibility.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Some Pokedex entries outline a them eating other Pokemons' eggs. The only example from the top of my head is Ekans, who enjoys Spearow and Pidgey eggs.

So yes, they do.

Years
Some Pokemon do eat Pokemon like it has been mentioned above. But at the same time, I'm wondering if humans in the Pokemon world eat Pokemon too. What else can people go fishing for everyday? They're obviously going to eat all the sea Pokemon they catch with their rods. :o

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Its probably same as the real world, the predator eats the prey.Or they would die of starvation.

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
Nature is a cruel mistress indeed. The real world has its food chain, & so does Pokémon.

I mean really, how do some of them get their sustenance? By eating other Pokémon. What else do I need to say?

Years
With Pokemon for the most part replacing animals in the Pokemon world, it seems obvious that the food chain would be fairly similar (with multiple Pokedex entries mentioning Pokemon predators and prey). I don't think that it will ever be outwardly implied that a person or Pokemon is eating another Pokemon, but I don't think there's any denying it exists.

#1-Trainer

Poke' Master.
Years
People eat pokemon too! Imagine chomping down a hearty Tauros burger or a krabby patty - I had to, just had to. Bitd when Pokemon where just animals, not chairs and lamps it made sense that people and pokemon ate pokemon.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
People eat pokemon too! Imagine chomping down a hearty Tauros burger or a krabby patty - I had to, just had to. Bitd when Pokemon where just animals, not chairs and lamps it made sense that people and pokemon ate pokemon.

True but I wouldn't eat a species if it was my friend, like if I had a Tauros on my team, I could never eat Tauros burgers again xD

BTW, hilarious, Krabby Patty xD

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I know Pokemon eat each other in the manga and anime.
In the manga, I vaguely remember Bill turning himself into a bug Pokemon and almost being eaten by a Fearow. Or something that that. (Pokemon Adventures.)
In the anime, when Ash got Caterpie he used it against a Pigeotto who almost ate it.
There hasn't been any mention of Pokemon eating one another in the games, beyond Pokemon descriptions (at least to my knowledge.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2013
I think yes.
Cubone for example: It wears the skull of his mother right after his birth. A Marowak need two to four month to decay. Either the mother dies before the Cubone hatch but then the mother can't protect the egg or the newborn Cubone eats his mother (probably that's the reason why the mother always die).

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It would be a really weird ecosystem if Pokemon DIDN'T eat other Pokemon. (Obviously not Pokemon of the same species... but I digress!) If all those gigantic, ridiculously strong Pokemon didn't eat some form of meat, how would they get so strong? Presumably Protein doesn't just grow in the wild! :P That being said, lots of them would probably be herbivores, with a select few being omnivores, a sizeable chunk being carnivores, and some more just feasting off mystical energy or something. I dunno... as you can tell, I haven't approached this subject in great depth! :D

Rou.Tsuki

It's happy hour somewhere...
Years
They could just be berry-loving, or Poke-pellet eating pokemon! >_<
Ok, maybe not. But it's really hard to see them eat each other. Or the people eating them... I guess that's why they never said where the food supply is coming from.
Yum... Tentacruel-yaki! Or Buneary stew.

Back