• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is there no transgender option to select when creating profiles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digmon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I am a proud transgender, and I noticed a complete lack of choice when selecting my gender. I find this offensive in this day in age and it promotes division, segregation, and intolerance in a world that should be beyond that. My people have endured hard life struggles to get where we are and this is a complete lack of understanding. Why do you keep promoting these injustices, teaching kids that we are not people just like them?? We don't have a place here? Its for you people only??? Do you guys support racism here, cause thats the vibe I am getting. Is there a black only forum, a white only forum etc????

I think this is a major issue that needs to be addressed, especially for young children here struggling with their sexual identity. This is subtly teaching them that there is something wrong with being transgender and in turn can lead to severe mental instability and depression in the vital teenage years. It's better these kids learn now its ok, instead of tormenting themselves in the closet in fear of being abused or slandered.

Who can I contact about this?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Generally, people that are transgendered pick the gender they identify with. Believe me, PC is a very LGBT friendly community, and making you or anyone else that's transgendered feel offended or left out is not the intention. I mentioned having an option for "other" or something similar years ago, but it didn't go through.

To ask if we support racism and such here is taking it too far. I understand your concerns, but I believe you're overreacting.

Digmon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
Generally, people that are transgendered pick the gender they identify with. Believe me, PC is a very LGBT friendly community, and making you or anyone else that's transgendered feel offended or left out is not the intention. I mentioned having an option for "other" or something similar years ago, but it didn't go through.
I see you are a very understanding and open minded individual, however I can tell there is some rampant homophobia going on with the powers that be if this was already mentioned and ignored.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I see you are a very understanding and open minded individual, however I can tell there is some rampant homophobia going on with the powers that be if this was already mentioned and ignored.

...Rampant homophobia? On PC? You're sadly mistaken. lmao Like I said, this is a very LGBT friendly community.

Audy's already fixed the issue though, so I'll say no more. But I would advise you not go around saying things like that, or the racism remark. None of that is what we stand for here.

Digmon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
...Rampant homophobia? On PC? You're sadly mistaken. lmao Like I said, this is a very LGBT friendly community.

Audy's already fixed the issue though, so I'll say no more. But I would advise you not go around saying things like that, or the racism remark. None of that is what we stand for here.

Well I call it like I see it, and I don't think anywhere in the rules I am not allowed to point out rampant homophobia, and use an analogy like racism seeing as they both are about intolerant bigots too narrow minded to see that everyone is equal.

Also sydian, I would like to know why you are laughing you a$$ off about such a serious topic

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your first post here was that we're homophobic and racist. That signals to me that you didn't take the time to even look at the forum before you "called it like you saw it" and you judged a book by its cover. I'm not laughing at the topic, I'm just laughing at how someone could ever call PC homophobic or racist, because we're so far from it. For someone that preaches tolerance, acceptance, and progression, you sure don't act the part.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
sUtN9tF.gif

okay

nipping this in the butt

problem solved; thread locked

kisses

settttleeeeeeee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back