• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Yuoaman is correct. You see we're in the process of adding the new Pokemon into the game and we'll be needing someone who can give us the information we need ( even though we still need backspriters >.o )

Those who are interested, PM me and I'll give you a test :3
(BTW not all of the Pokemon require names and PokeDex entries, those few however still required stats and movesets)

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
*pounces back in*

lol. People are so creative sometimes. :3 The secrets of Ria and Gia remain~! For all you know they could be wild Pokemon in the first route (though obviously they arent : P)

Now for what you've all been waiting for (no, it's not the update, the second thing you've been waiting for...), the release of the sillohuette! INCLUDING some juicy information :3

Iceegle <--
iceeglezt1.png

Flying/Ice
Species: Icicle Pokemon
PokeDex Entry: ICEEGLES are often mistaken to be ARTICUNO
in snow storms, attracting travellers to them.

-----

Now, will someone PLEASE tell me that they realize what's wrong with this picture? An ice Pokemon on a tropical island? >_>

Stay tuned! The update is being worked on! And so far so good, Yuoaman has volunteered for the PokeDexer position and has taken the practice test. So far his data has yet to be graded, but we'll keep you guys posted as to if he makes it on the team.

See you until the next update (We won't let you down with it!),
--Krimm

ryushin5

In College YAY! :3
Years
there could be some climate changes in some certain areas on the island that some ICEEGLES could live at thats what i'm thinking

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
What code did you use to change the look of the player into the rocket grunt?
PoKéMaKeR

Edit: Nevermind, already found it out..

Last edited:

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
I believe it is found deep in a cave inside a mountain?

Also; isn't Iceeagle a little weird for a name? 'Cause the two 'e's kind of ruin it, maybe "Iceagle" (rhymes with Icicle)....

I really like the sprite though.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
I agree with Yuaoman. The sprite is awesome, but a more suitable name would be Iceagle. May i ask, who made that sprite?

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Heya guys!

They're all good guesses as to where Iceegle is found but none of them are right on the bull's eye : )

And Iceegle is pronounced the same way as Iceagle is, so I don't really see a point in changing it x_x *shrug* You people are so critical! loool jk.

@Riceeman: Pokemon NextGen's old spriter, Nashia. She's a close friend of mine that was working on the project since the very very first incarnation (Elatt was actually the first Pokemon ever to be accepted of hers). She was sort of a spriter extraordinare that no one knew about but she disappeared (Well, lost interest. I still know where she is lol). Believe it or not most of our sprites are done by her. A lot were done by Novoni as well.

I'm glad everyone likes the sprite :3 It's one of my personal favorites of our Pokemon so I decided to post it up.

Stay tuned for the update, guys : D It'll be here soon! So far the latest that it will be up is Monday, perhaps sooner depending on when I can get to a scanner.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Cool can't wait for the update. And the reason I prefer Iceagle over Iceeagle, is that if pronounced phonetically will sound like "Icy-Gul" rather than "Ic-a-gul" as I believe it is supposed to be pronounced...

Atomic Reactor

o, and the sprite looks nice... but i think some parts of the outline should be darker =/

RSLaehnart

Pokémon Dance Troupe HR
Years
Iceeagle just doesn't sound right to me. I'd try something more along the lines of Eaglice. It just flows better that way. Sprite looks awesome. Also I think that it could be found deep in an underwater cave or something like that.

Ria and Gia are still as illusive as ever. I just don't know what to think about them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 3, 2011
Yo what's up Krimm? I was editing some sprites and I noticed that a good bit of pokemon are not gonna be used in my game. I also realized that you need some new pokemon so here's my donation. I know alot of them are unfinished but with a little creativity and a decent spriter you could make them into great pokemon.

pokepackage.png

Pkmn 1 - Original Name: Bouldo
Type: Rock/Fighting

Pkmn 2 - Original Name: Fangon
Type: Dragon

Pkmn 3- Original Name: Firant (It's finished sprite was supposed to be a fire ant)
Location: First row, third spot (Was supposed to be Pokemon Weather's fire starter)
Type: Fire

Pkmn 4- Original Name: ???
Type: Normal

Pkmn 5- Original Name: ??? (evolves from Pkmn 4)

Pkmn 6- Original Name: ???

Pkmn 7- Original Name: Spikipine
Type: Poison/Ground

Pkmn 8- Original Name: Rabulb
Type: Electric

Pkmn 9- Original Name: Rodnny
Type: Electric

Pkmn 10- Original Name: Sabrite
Type: Light or Fire

Pkmn 11- Original Name: Prowperd

Pkmn 12- Original Name: ???

Pkmn 13- Original Name: Boulbout (Was supposed to be an evolution of Bouldo)
Type: Rock/Fighting

Pkmn 14- Original Name: Shawasp
Type: Bug/Flying

Pkmn 15- Original Name: ??? (Was meant to evolve from Sharpedo)
Type: Water/Dark

Pkmn 16-18 Original Name: ???
Type: Normal or Psychic
Classification:

Pkmn 19- Original Name: Polear
Classification: Polar Bear

Pkmn 20- Original Name: Otteal
Classification: Otter

Pkmn 21- Original Name: Devuwov (Devour + Wolf)
Classification: Wolf

Pkmn 22-24- Original Name: Floria (Was our first grass starter),???,Florigon
Classification: Petal pokemon

Pkmn 25- Original Name: ???
Classification: Telekinetic pokemon

Pkmn 26-27- Original Name: Iguanaw, Komodra
Classification: Lizard; Komodo Dragon

Pkmn 28-30- Original Name: ???, ???, ???
Classification: Wolf Ghosts

Pkmn 31- Original Name: Slowchib (pre-evolve of slowpoke)
Classification: ???

Pkmn 32-33 Original Name: ???,??? (Originally used Fire type fossil pokemon)
Classification: Lava dinosuaur

Pkmn 34-35 Original Name: Petalia, Violeaf
Classification: ???

Pkmn 36- Original Name: ???
Classification: Flying penguin

Pkmn 37- Original Name: Qwhy
Classification: Qwhail (sp?)

Pkmn 38- Original Name: ???
Location: (Was originally one of main legendaries and controller of space; the idea was scrapped after hearing about Palkia)
Type: Cosmic/Dragon
Classification: Galatic pokemon

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Hey thanks Metamew ^__^ I'm definitely liking them!

Codename: RevolutionJune 30th, 08

Alright everyone, it's that time atlast! It's nearly been 15 days since the last update and I assure you I've been working on hard this new fantastic update!

I'm also incredibly pleased to see how well the thread is doing ^^ I'm even more pleased that people are beginning to scratch the surface behind Ria and Gia. Those two certainly aren't the run of the mill mythos duo : D

Now, I'm sure that everyone is wondering what makes this update SO special. Well, it's an announcement and revelation of the future of the project! So lets get it rolling!

newbattlesystemjx4.png

Bam! First things first, the game has been majorly modified! Above you can see spiffy new battle graphics. This is against a trainer on a pathway (thus is why the platforms are metal and not grass). When battling a trainer in the grass or a wild Pokemon, the platforms will be the grass ones. Oh, and you can also see I modified the stat bars and the message box : D

doublematchbp7.png

As an addition to the game's difficulty, there will be loads more double battles than before. Some trainers may look alone, but a secondary partner may even be hiding! Various specialty areas will also be set with double battles while you will get a partner (similiar to Diamond and Pearl)!

assortedareas2gy7.png
assortedareas1ko9.png

As NeoEras has been in heavy modifications in the past 2 weeks, various new areas have been added to the game. Not only have areas been added, but they've also been significantly rearranged providing a new fresh feeling to the game that changes up the gameplay. I would post an updated Region Map but that is still in the works D:

storylines1wm4.png
storylines2fj9.png

Now, along with modifications there have been HUGE enhancements to the Storyline. This ALSO includes the introduction. More on the new beginning events later as they would reveal plans for after NeoEras :) And for the someone (I forgot) who said that the guy infront of the gym seems fishy, he's not D: It's Mason G's brother, Mason F! lol, can someone see the next Nurse Joy/Officer Jenny? You'll understand more about the Mason's in the game lol. Oh, oh, oh! By the way, loads of new tiles have been added! Thanks a ton to Kyledove as primarily I've been adding his tiles (with color changes to match the previous FR/LG palette).

The True Update!OMGWTFBBQ?!

Okay, srsly, did you REALLY think the huge update was just about..new tiles? And sexy looking new battle graphics? I CERTAINLY HOPE NOT! Now what exactly is so special about this update?

Pokemon NeoEras is growing rapidly, publicity wise and game wise. We have various people interested in contributing to our game aswell as a great team already. So what does this equal up to? A Demo! Oh god, I bet you guys are sick of hearing that word from all the RMXP Games lol.

So now what exactly am I doing to run past all these run of the mill demos? How about reveal an entire installment? Enter Beta Installment 1, a semi-demo, semi-real game download that is beyond your generic demos that are "Walk route, enter town, battle first gym, end demo".

While the Beta Installment runs about the same length of a regular demo right now, it features a lot more. The Beta Installment is basically the game in a rough format all the way to the First Gym in NeoEras, which features 4 Towns/Cities, 4 Routes, and 1 Special Area which is a tad more than the generic demos. This being the rough game, there are no alternate beginnings, temporary place holders, none of that. You'll play the game like you would when it is done INCLUDING LOADS of new Pokemon that have never before been revealed. Thanks to Archayos who is willing to fully intergrate our Pokemon, this is possible! We're also interviewing a few interested PokeDexers who will soon be announced as apart of the Team!

Sadly, the Beta Installment IS NOT in this update. When it is revealed, is currently unknown however I can assure you it won't be "lol soon guyz *two months later* lol soon guyz". All that's left in this Beta Installment to be completed are the integration of the Pokemon and a few bugs in the eventing.

Sorry for writing a wall of text, but there is a bit more left in this announcement --

There is a catch, however, to play this Installment. NeoEras will be released in Installments that will be various lengths such as Gym 1 - 2, and then Gym 3 -4, and so on. In these patches, you'll be able to save your data, download the next Installment, and pick up where you left off (So basically you guys can play the game quicker instead of waiting for the full version). The problem is, that since this is a Beta of Installment 1, you WILL NOT be able to transfer your saved data to the real Installment 1 D: The purpose of this beta is for people to report bugs and offer suggestions so that the game will be improved.

However I assure you that there will be plenty of differences between Installment 1 and the Beta Installment, just so you guys won't be SO bored doing it all over again : P

So, there's going to be an installment eh? So what about the starters, Krimm? > D

startersna0.png

JEEZ this is a big update! And of course, what kind of update would this be without a Contest? I see a lot of the Game Threads are liking my idea of having contests to get the audience interested >__>""

Now~ Just WHAT could this contest be? How about another Spriting Contest? We want to see your talent, PokeCommunity!

pkfrlg025tb4.png
pkrs318or0.gif
pkfrlg019sh1.png

You have a choice of spriting 1 of these three Pokemon! The rules are simple, and are fairly close to those of the Dragonair Spriting Contest. You must SCRATCH sprite one of these three Pokemon ( Or 2, or 3, it's up to you. It increases your chances of winning ) with a custom pose and it must fit in the 64x64 size box. Please keep these the correct size and not zoomed in by 200 like if I would add it to RMXP, this way I can judge the quality of the sprite easier. Once completed, send your sprite(s) to me via PM. You may also use the Spriting Tutorial that can be found in the main post of information on the first page.

The top sprite for each of these Pokemon will be included in the game and can be seen in the beginning routes of the game! The winners of the winning sprites will be awarded with an exclusive download the Beta 1 exactly 2 days before it is posted on the topic! Oooh~! lol. But that's not it! The winners will also receive ALL Installments precisely 2 days before they're released to the public.

This has been your Wall-o-Text Update! ^_^ I hope you liked it and you're all eager to send me your Sprites! lol Good luck to all entries!

Comments are appreciated : D

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

We're also desperately looking for a Spriter! Anyone who can scratch
custom Pokemon, backsprites, and mini sprites, is welcome to join
the team! PM me for information!

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Ok cool im not a spriter but I will try just so that 2 day before thing is awarded to me and whoever wins. If I win. I mean im not good and so im taking the easy route with hoot-hoot. Thats not cheating right?

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thanks for the comments ^_^

Good luck with your entry, Darkcookie~

By the way everyone, about the shadows of the Starters. If you can correctly guess that they're based off of, I'll reveal the one sprite. I have no intentions of revealing all three of them at a specific time which means you'll have to wait for the Beta. Unless of course, you guys guess them correctly : D

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Nice Update Krimm! I'm entering the contest. Just done Rattata scratch, doing Pikachu now and possibly Hoothoot.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Aw sweet. Really looking forward to the release.
Cool update.
The new tiles look really nice and the map looks cool (as I've said about all of your mapwork lol.)
I'll have a guess at the starters (what they are based on)
The one on the left looks like a cat (or lion/tiger cub- can't decide) and the one on the right is bird- though I don't no what type of bird.
As for the top one.... Don't have a clue lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
I'd have a go, but I don't know when the deadline is, so I'm not sure if I'll make it...

I won't be able to get started til Wednesday, so if the deadline is Saturday/Sunday, I'll enter. Good luck to everyone else, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back