• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Endtime

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Yea, and they are great. I keep forgetting to update the credits though.

FalseDestiny

Troll
Years
I've had the argument about the map before. Trust me, it is anything but linear. Because it is on a mountain, there are a whole lot of caves. You can get to almost any city from a cave.

Why not just add said caves onto the map as underground routes, or something. You could color them orange.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Its not dead!
I finally got past the bugs that were holding me back. I need to finish up more cosmetic stuff. A new region map is in the work. The first beta is about a month away, including 2 gyms. Heres a few more pictures (everything is still a WIP)

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2014
I'm liking the looks of this. I like how you are going in a slightly different approach as far as the story is concerned. It already hooks me as I want to know what is going on.

Your maps are pretty standard as far as pokemon goes. While I've seen people pull some lavish stuff on this forum, you're pretty much okay.

I'm also glad you are working on a new region map. The one you have right now just looks absolutely linear, uninspired, and just overall bland.

The design of the rival looks pretty stylin', but DAMN the pixel resolution looks horrid. If you are going to resize a sprite, it's best to go over it to keep the pixel sizes consistent. Right now it looks messy and it doesn't deserve to be.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
The design of the rival looks pretty stylin', but DAMN the pixel resolution looks horrid. If you are going to resize a sprite, it's best to go over it to keep the pixel sizes consistent. Right now it looks messy and it doesn't deserve to be.

I noticed that last night, so I re-did it.
http://c.imagehost.org/0673/trainer083.png

I would also like to request some help, for coming up with dialog for the random people and trainers.

Last edited:

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
I am done with the map.

Now for sleep. This think took 3 hours to make.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
jjs7kE.png

New grass starter evolution set. No names yet. Still looking for someone who wants to help with random npc dialog.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The region map looks cool, but the fakemon are clearly fusions between already existing pokemon.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
Yes, they are. I can't do scratches, and nobody will help with this project, so this is the best I can do.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Mind if I give some CnC?

About your maps so far. I'm not too fond of them. They look way too big for a standard game. You don't want to be roaming a huge map and struggling to get around the place, because the map to too big and hard to navigate, especially your cities. They look either too big or there's just not enough happening within those cities. Also remember not every building needs to be part of the game, like you have to enter it, and can be used as just filler. A great example of this is Saffron City, where some of the buildings are just placeholder and used to fill up the space to make it more city-like. Also I don't know why you're using Wild Pokemon grass in some of your city maps, since that just seems quite odd. Maybe replace those patches of grass with some sort of flowers or something, and fill up your city map a bit more.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
They look either too big or there's just not enough happening within those cities.
Er... what map are you referring to?
Also remember not every building needs to be part of the game, like you have to enter it, and can be used as just filler. A great example of this is Saffron City, where some of the buildings are just placeholder and used to fill up the space to make it more city-like.
Not all of them you can enter. There have been a lot of missing people, if you read the first post. Missing people= empty houses.
Also I don't know why you're using Wild Pokemon grass in some of your city maps, since that just seems quite odd. Maybe replace those patches of grass with some sort of flowers or something, and fill up your city map a bit more.

If you are refering to the city on the first post, I have replaced that map long ago.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
C&C

[1] Maps
I like the look of your newer maps. I think they would benefit from being a bit smaller and would certainly benefit from some consistency in the tilesets used; switching between R&S, HGSS etc ruins their visual appeal. My advice would be to stick with a purely HGSS based tileset.

[2] Fakemon
The fakemon you posted here is one I have seen you post before in the Pixel Art section. If as you say, "you can't do scratches" then you at least need to work on improving your fusions. Here are a few pointers:
-- STOP MAKING YOUR FAKEMON THAT BIG! Pokemon only look good at their original size, please stop magnifying them by 200%.
-- Your colour palettes are WAYY OFFF. As I mentioned in the Art thread, if you decide, for example, you wish to use the colours red and green then pick two real Pokemon which have those colours and use their colours instead of trying to make up your own palettes.
-- Finally, for some further reading, I suggest you look at some of the tutorials in the Pixel Art section for further tips and advice on creating Fakemon.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
[1] Maps
I like the look of your newer maps. I think they would benefit from being a bit smaller and would certainly benefit from some consistency in the tilesets used; switching between R&S, HGSS etc ruins their visual appeal. My advice would be to stick with a purely HGSS based tileset.
The tileset is still a work in progress. This will be fixed before it is released

[2] Fakemon
The fakemon you posted here is one I have seen you post before in the Pixel Art section. If as you say, "you can't do scratches" then you at least need to work on improving your fusions. Here are a few pointers:
-- STOP MAKING YOUR FAKEMON THAT BIG! Pokemon only look good at their original size, please stop magnifying them by 200%.
-- Your colour palettes are WAYY OFFF. As I mentioned in the Art thread, if you decide, for example, you wish to use the colours red and green then pick two real Pokemon which have those colours and use their colours instead of trying to make up your own palettes.
-- Finally, for some further reading, I suggest you look at some of the tutorials in the Pixel Art section for further tips and advice on creating Fakemon.

All the pokemon I have created at this point will be hopefully replaced by someone better. And FYI, i did use a real pokemon for the color pallet.

Canderis

Mr. Wejo
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2018
I am working on simplifying them. They look more confusing than they really are.

Update: The new herro city, with my edited tileset.

http://min.us/mvjsHea

Last edited:

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
I am working on simplifying them. They look more confusing than they really are.

Update: The new herro city, with my edited tileset.

http://min.us/mvjsHea
A few suggestions...

• For a start, you shouldn't use path tiles like that. Cities are built in straight lines; having your paths zig-zag around trees and rocks looks completely unnatural.
  • The city in general is far too cramped. With that many buildings you need to increase the size of the map and space things out a bit.
  • Avoid using single-tile paths (like the entrances to the caves) unless you really have to. Game Freak typically sticks to two-tile wide paths for pretty much everything.

Back