• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How many times have you replayed DPPt?

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Played Diamond 3 times technically. I first got it for Christmas in 2008 and played it the first time. Then while on vacation in Atlanta in 2010 I lost my copy of Diamond in the hotel. :( I only got 7 badges and never had a chance to beat Volkner or the E4. Then for Christmas 2011, I bought I new copy with my gift money. I messed around on the last guy's file, then transferred his Pokes to my White and HeartGold , and reset the game and started a new one. Though I wasn't satisfied with the new game I had so I restarted again. Now I'm currently playing through my third time around and I hope to actually beat the game this time. :D

Platinum I honestly didn't have until last Christmas (2012) when I bought I used copy with the money I got as a gift. I'm still kind of messing around with the last person's save so I still haven't played it myself in a way yet. So once I get a few more Pokemon (spefically Heatran) and then transfer their Pokemon to my other games, I'll restart the game and finally play Platinum personally for the first time.

Years
I replay Diamond/Pearl/Platinum a lot, especially Platinum. I love the story and the expanded Pokedex in Platinum, and it's one of the few games I love to always replay.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I've replayed Platinum five times and completed it three. I remember deleting and replaying since I hated my previous team, made silly mistakes or just in general forgot what I was even doing. I'd be standing somewhere, usually a cave or a building, walk outside into a city that chimes a bell in my head but forget what I was even doing there. Yeah I'm a pretty forgetful person when it comes to remembering storylines and plots. XD;

On my first go of Platinum back in 2009, I remember teaching my starter two HM moves and grabbing all the Pokemon in sight even ones like Bidoof and Kricketot. I didn't know any better, I was unfamiliar with the franchise at the time and tested things out, my first playthrough of Platinum was sort of like a scientific experiment, to see what was good to use on a team and what was an absolute no no. I think I actually somehow managed to beat Cynthia, probably with the help of Giratina but afterwards the postgame was too difficult for my 8 year old self and I restarted.

Fast forward one year, I'm playing yet again with a three man team. Empoleon, Rapidash and Luxray. I seemed to have forgotten all of my Pokemon knowledege and did similar to the thing before although I did remember to pick up a HM slave instead of using my team. Although the usage of three Pokemon was really hard for me, I ended up beating the game with a highly overlevelled team and restarted yet again because I was bored of that save file.

Fastforward another year I actually played Platinum with a full team of Pokemon, I was completely happy with. I beat the game fairly easily and even attempted to catch them all, I had a 100 or so to go before my Pokedex was complete. I did everything I could possibly do, get all the Pokemon I could possibly get and there was nothing else to do except spend all day long beating up trainers in the Battle Frontier, so I just left my game card on the desk for a while.

The fourth time, my sister didn't want her Platinum so I claimed it and started yet another save file for a challenge. I ended up getting to around the second gym but getting bored and finding it difficult to manage time with playing the game, so I ended up quitting that.

Fast forward to now I'm playing for the fifth time and currently doing well so far. I've enjoyed playing through the beginning and hopefully I'll finish, I'm now around the first gym. So yeah that was a recount of all the times I've replayed Platinum from when I first got the game to now.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know I've played Platinum fully twice, and I'm on my third run currently. Diamond I've played once, because it's the same file from April 22, 2007 (US release date, if you didn't know!). Pearl, however, I lost count of. That's how I used to know the games so well, because I constantly replayed it lmao. Started my first challenge here using Pearl, so as much as I hate DP, I do owe it that credit. Platinum wasn't even around. Neither was the Challenge forum. YEAH. It was that long ago.

I would say it's less than RSE, BW, and FRLG, but probably even with HGSS (Johto part only).

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Anytime I want to play a gen IV game over, it's platinum. I guess maybe 7 times now.

Golden Warrior

Pokemon Professor
Years
I'm on my third run of Diamond, but that's nothing. I'm on my 8th run of an advanced generation game. Sapphire to be specific.

(Let me explain, I was given the game played it through, decided I wanted a Blaziken for Diamond, played again, let a friend start, he gave it back, I played it again, and now I'm on another run after a few more restarts due to friends.)

Years
I really wasn't a big fan of Platinum, so I never bothered playing it more than the initial run through. That might actually be an incentive to get me to play it again, though, as most of my other games I won't even bother restarting if I really enjoyed them.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I beat DP a couple times (once my own game, the other a friend's version when he lent it to me to beat it for him... his loss!) and Platinum twice (one a rom, and one the actual copy).

This isn't really out of the norm for me over the last few gens though. Different to GSC though of which I played more times, not including HGSS!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I've played through DPPt less than any other generation, my Pearl version save file is the orignal from April 2007 (it's six years old... x_x) and I've only played through Platinum maybe three times. I've played through SoulSilver three or four, too. For the other generations, I've restarted them all at least like five times XD

I want to restart Pearl but that file is so old I'm a little hesitant to.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I replayed Diamond around four times; the first three with the three starters and the fourth with Piplup again.

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2013
I had a copy of Pearl, which is what I played, and a friend's copy of Diamond which they did not want anymore. I replayed Diamond about 3 times over to get the Master Ball so I could easily catch any legendary pokemon in my Pearl, eg. Giratina.

Looking back this was pretty pointless because the legendaries are not actually that hard to catch - you just need a lot of Ultra Balls, and a lot of patience.

I could never actually replay the games once I had completed them though - I have about 400 or 500 + hours of gameplay on Pearl and White 2, with a complete pokedex on White 2 so restarting the game would be like sticking a knife into my eye - painful and traumatic.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
To be honest, I never got passed the Dewford Gym (Is that the fifth badge?). DPPt was terribly boring for me :\ I didn't find the "evil" team to be engaging whatsoever, thus the storyline fell flat. Also, a lot of the Pokemon designs were less than satisfactory imo. The same happened in the R/S/E era. I've replayed R/B/Y, G/S/C, and HGSS many times, but DPPt and R/S/E just fell flat for me. Like, "used their face to facepalm the floor" flat.

It's really too bad.

Lugia's Shadow

Guardian of the Sea
Years
If I count Platinum and Diamond both, probably 5 times. I tried to replay the games with each of the starters, and adding changes to my Pokemon (e.g. one time I'd use Shinx, the next time I'd catch a Pikachu at the mansion).

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Now I start my Platinum Journey 20 time... I have special Polish Translated version of Platinum and Allways like when I am in Distored World... Personally I think is DISTORED WORLD is the world which Cyrus want to make by Dialga and Palkai. (Also I like Platinum becouse I can get quickly GIRATINA)

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
Maybe 4 or 5 times? I lost Pearl, so I got Diamond, and then I got Platinum when that came out. After a few playthroughs, though, playing through the story just got incredibly boring and I could barely get past the first gym. It just seems so... slow paced, I guess. The story just seems to drag on and on. There aren't too great of Pokemon selections, either.

stp

ShootThePuck
Years
I feel like it just made you run around everywhere and there's always something you have to do before you get a Gym Badge.

I also never really liked the Distortion World. I play Pokemon to catch Pokemon, not to solve 20 puzzles. :/

Back