• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Eon Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
thelogo2.png

Pokémon Eon is a fan-game developed in RMXP using poccil's Essentials kit. It's set after the events of RSE in the region of Hoenn and a new region of Dinso, which is found to the north-west of the main island. It's based on real Japanese geography, to boot.

Hoenn is back! Rediscover a classic region 5 years on!

You play as Aiden or Amber, who's been growing up in Areca Town, East Dinso. One day, after a chance encounter with a Carvanha, the local Professor Palm gives you a Pokémon, and sets you up with an opportunity to explore the world, just as you'd dreamed. Along the way, you'll meet old favourites from Hoenn, and a new cast of characters, young and old, who we hope will provide you with an engaging experience that goes beyond the simplistic stories of the official games.

On your travels through East Dinso, Hoenn and finally West Dinso, you'll run into shady characters, who, you're told, are under the command of Maxie, the ex-head of Team Magma. Unlike Archie, who has mellowed after his defeat to Brendan, Maxie has gone off the rails and wants, among other things, revenge. As the authorities, bribed by Maxie, ignore and hinder your attempts to foil his schemes, it's left to you and a band of young trainers to finally stop him. You're helped by Mina, a girl who lives to support you and will you to the ends of the earth, Ray, a man of the shadows who has an array of questionable contacts but still tries to do the right thing (when there's something in it for him, at least), and Adelle, a friend of Ray who always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

But why should these four be the ones to save the day? Well, our game focuses on the themes of faith, chance and fate. Perhaps it was just good fortune that they all met? Or maybe it was divine intervention? Throughout your travels, you'll gradually start to piece together the complex puzzles of why and how things are happening, harking back to when Archie and Maxie were boyhood friends. Slowly but surely, the mystery unravels itself. Or does it? You'll have to play and find out.

DinsoHoenn2.png

The Dinso region, alongside Hoenn

NoticedByCarvanha.png
OutOfTheCage.png
ThroughTheGrass.png

With exciting and vibrant new tilesets, Hoenn's received a well deserved facelift from The Dewitty

LittlerootMap.png
Route103.png

Back in Hoenn

PalmSpeech.png
BoyPlayer.png
GirlPlayer.png
RunningIndoors.png

Play as brand-new characters and battle old favourites!

Roxanne.png
NekkidPplz1.png
FLANNERAH.png

Roxanne, Brawly & Flannery by The Dewitty

DinsoLeadersMontage.png

Miles, Mirabella, Teresa, Kerry, Taki, Stella & Ceros by lx_theo

000000000x099PlayerCHaracters.png

Aiden & Amber - the player characters - by lx_theo

Use the brand new interface and Pokénav!

BetaMenu.png

The beta menu*

And much, much more!

InTheFog.png

Where am I?

The Team
Management
NikNaks - Team Lead
PokemonPlat(i)num - Lead Mapper & Assistant Team Lead
lx_theo - Lead Spriter, Musician & Assistant Team Lead

Artists
defno
Dr. Octogonapus (Toonie/Elaynii)
ForeverRed (Red Gyrados)
GameArtistOlivier
Rashoumon
SlimShady
You? We're hiring spriters and concept artists. PM for details

Writers
Raikt
T3h Kaiser

Scripters
venom12

Credits
poccil & many others for the starter kit
The Dewitty for a whole host of artwork and the original game
Karel_Kazuki for various suggestions
Zurr for the banner
Dr. Octogonapus for the logo design
F.M.P. for occasional sprites and tips
tImE for mapping and other tidbits
Rhy-Rhy for badges, lots of ideas and a few bits of miscellanea

*Littleroot map slightly out of date

----

Now that we're in the Showcase again, we're going to be putting Project Lazarus into action, with a week long update fest, featuring a whole host of new and exciting features, sprites, artwork and plotlines. Stay tuned!

4g16aq.jpg

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2021
Great to see the game back in the games showcase! I hope to see updates on the features being worked on soon! :D

Years
Awesome. It's moved to the showcase section. Goodluck, i'll be checking in and out.
Also, I think you should go for a lighter grey for that intro. It clashes with both the hero and heroine's hair too much. Just my opinion. ;/
btw. ok cool

ConCept

Foreigner Productions
Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2011
Great sceens, very detailed graphics. so far, it looks like a promising story which I would like to follow.

austy14

Cannibal
Years
That looks beautiful! Forgive me for my underknowledged question, but when this comes out, what would I use to play it? Sorry, I'm new to roms and stuff...

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
^ its not a rom and you use the RGSS player that comes with RMXP so just download RMXP, the trial version will work and you can play

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
Awsome, august emerald lives on !!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 7, 2013
its so nice to see that there are more and more people who are making their own pokemon version but i wish someone finished making their game because there are lots of makers who ddnt finish what they are making lol.

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
its so nice to see that there are more and more people who are making their own pokemon version but i wish someone finished making their game because there are lots of makers who ddnt finish what they are making lol.
That's why I'm not anouncing my game publicly till I finish.. ;D

Years
Awesome. It's moved to the showcase section. Goodluck, i'll be checking in and out.
Also, I think you should go for a lighter grey for that intro. It clashes with both the hero and heroine's hair too much. Just my opinion. ;/
btw. ok cool
That's a good spot, actually. We have plans to change the entire intro at some point, so I'll try to remember to do that.
Looks great, love the new screens. But howcome on DA Dew is saying he's taking over August Emerald again?
As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough :P

----

Thanks for the positive response, everyone! We'll be putting Lazarus into action from Monday next week (23rd August).

Also, if anyone's interested, we are still accepting applications for pixel and concept artists. Contact me if that's something you'd like to do!

Orangturttle

Magikarp MASTER!
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
That's a good spot, actually. We have plans to change the entire intro at some point, so I'll try to remember to do that.

As Red has already said, Dew is restarting the old August project under a new title. He left the team a week or two ago because he felt we'd changed too much and we weren't making the same game any more, so he thought he'd start again. Which I think is fair enough :P

----

Thanks for the positive response, everyone! We'll be putting Lazarus into action from Monday next week (23rd August).

Also, if anyone's interested, we are still accepting applications for pixel and concept artists. Contact me if that's something you'd like to do!

Oh! I see, it's phases are based off the Holy Bible?
Or... errr, the names?

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
I'd like to point out that the Carvanha in the first 2 screenshots looks like it's hovering above the water instead of swimming in it.
The other screenshots look good.

Years
  • Seen Sep 19, 2010
I can do a bit of concept art for you Niknaks :D
And btw can you put me in the Credits as I did help quite a bit (i'm Zephyr) :D
I wouldn't be a permanent fixture, but if you need designs quick, use me as back-up :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back