• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Most Disappointing Pokémon You Have Used From The Fifth Generation

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Hello everybody,

My biggest disappointment in the 5th gen of Poke'mon was "Reuniclus" When I first saw him i was stoked because he looked so cool .and he was a 3 evolution so I kinda had high hopes when it came to battling. I know Its right there in the stats. but he was so slow that I had to dump him. What is the use of a strong poke'mon if they don't even get the chance to attack. or just waite tons of HP every battle waiting to attack . idk.

that was a pretty big let down because i really wanted him to back up my team.

also. a big let down was "Seismitoad" i know i should have been used to the whole water+ground being extra weak to grass. but it just wasnt that good to have on my team. overall in the game and battling with friends. it was just an obvious flaw that made him hard to use. and i did like the design alot so it was hard to let him go.

anyways two poke'mon that i really liked and used well were: Vaniluxe (Sillycone) and Candelure (Candleheart) both of which supported my team in a big way.

peace out.

Well the first one, you could have trick room lol. I agree though, normally I'm used to fast paced pokemon so when it comes to slower mons, I have trouble fitting them into a team.

IMO the most disappointing pokemon in Gen V was Pidove and Co. I really just didn't get a liking to them like I did with the other "starting" birds especially after Staraptor. I just felt like it didn't do as well as they did.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Mine would have to be Purrloin and Liepard. They pretty sucked -_-
Major drop from Glameow, I would completely get rid of Purrloin and Liepard if I had a choice, they literally were pretty bad in stats and attacks.

Years
Purrloin/Liepard. They died way too quickly with such low defenses. Which kinda sucked cause I've always liked the cat Pokémon in past generations.

Mine would have to be Purrloin and Liepard. They pretty sucked -_-
Major drop from Glameow, I would completely get rid of Purrloin and Liepard if I had a choice, they literally were pretty bad in stats and attacks.

I agree with the two of you, I found training a Liepard really difficult.

Years
Well, when I first saw Black and White, I didn't like the look of Zekrom and Reshiram. They didn't really shout "Dragon Legendaries" to me. That changed when I got into the game and, much like most who have posted, Liepard and Garbador would probably be in my most disappointing 5th Gen Pokemon. Marractus is also a large standout. Looks like a Digimon more than a Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Druddigon. It's just... there. Under normal circumstances, it would be awesome, but it really isn't. It looks fugly, is ridiculously slow, and just isn't good to use. For a Dragon Pokemon, it really is quite pathetic. It could have been so much better, but it's just kinda crappy and boring.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Druddigon. It's just... there. Under normal circumstances, it would be awesome, but it really isn't. It looks fugly, is ridiculously slow, and just isn't good to use. For a Dragon Pokemon, it really is quite pathetic. It could have been so much better, but it's just kinda crappy and boring.

I personally find its main abilities disappointing. I mean the Pokemon itself is ugly, but the abilities... well, idk, something like Guts would've been better suited to it and made it less disappointing.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
631.gif

Heatmor
Design could have been so much better. Stats are a total letdown.

615.gif
614.gif
584.gif

Cryogonal, Beartic, and Vanilluxe
This could have been the new beast ice types, but not so...

601.gif

Klinklang
Ok design, horrible movepool. C'mon Nintendo, just give us a good, pure steel type for once.

621.gif

Druddigon
The design hurts my eyes

526.gif

Gigalith
Awesome design, awesome attack and defense, horrid movepool and speed.

523.gif

Zebstrika
I was originally going to use this on my team, but it's stats just don't stack up against the better electric types. I love the design though.

This list is pretty incomplete, but I have stuff to go do :P
Also keep in mind that this list does not include Pokemon I knew would suck from the start. These are only the disappointing ones. The ones I was looking forward to using before I played the game.

Years
Zebstrika and Klinklang were both pretty disappointing since I had high hopes for them originally. Zebstrika is so fragile I was always running back to the Pokemon center and Klinklang just couldn't compete with the rest of my team so I ditched it pretty soon after getting it.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
631.gif

Heatmor
Design could have been so much better. Stats are a total letdown.

I knew I was forgetting something when I was thinking about my original post. I loved heatmor, although he was a major let down like you said with the stats. It's shiny sprite is also good too. Alot of the pokemon could have been really good, esp the ice types.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
Years
I knew I was forgetting something when I was thinking about my original post. I loved heatmor, although he was a major let down like you said with the stats. It's shiny sprite is also good too. Alot of the pokemon could have been really good, esp the ice types.

Yea the shiny sprite for him is really cool in comparison, but I just can't get over how derpy the face looks.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
I didn't find Eelektross, Cinccino or Archeops disappointing, I tried all 3 and I was satisfied.
What I meant regarding Archeops is that I like it —a lot— and that the many folk whom are disappointed with it probably fail to play it well, as its ability is generally their sole point of contention.

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
Years
Actually I really liked Trubbish and Garbodor, they have an interesting, humorous appearance and in my opinion have a better design than Grimer/Muk, who they are often compared to.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Just a reminder to anybody that posts here, this thread is only about the most disappointing Pokemon you have used (and how you think you could improve it/whether you agree with others). If you dislike something in general or how it looks use favourites and least favourites. Hopefully after editing the title that'll solve this issue we've been having for a while.

11wildy

Me!
Years
Training op Purrloin was a hell. It was weak offensively and defensively that badly that its good speed did not even make a difference. Deino as well, it missed a lot because of Hustle, but did not have the insane power I expected.

Years
Training op Purrloin was a hell. It was weak offensively and defensively that badly that its good speed did not even make a difference. Deino as well, it missed a lot because of Hustle, but did not have the insane power I expected.

Yeah, I remember training my Purrloin/Liepard. It was not fun.

And I had to do whatever it takes to raise my Deino into a powerful Hydreigon.

Back