• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Gijinka Project [M] [Signups/OOC]

Years
@Gene
Magic8ball-Yes.jpg

Reservations for everybody! Only... not, since Gene makes 8 and we are now closed! Those holding reservations now have three days to complete their SUs or show me an almost complete SU or their slots will be opened up again.

And Sovereign, you might not be happy with your SU but I am, Elsie is accepted! Getting some interesting characters and takes on the Gijinka powers in here, I'm looking forwards to seeing how things go.

Last edited:

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'm sorry I've done some thinking and I'm way to busy for another rp so I'm dropping my reservation

Years
Your roleplay sample is pretty good which is a big plus but your Appearance/Personality could use a bit of work. Appearance is less of an issue since clothing usually makes up a big part of that and your characters don't have any but could you try and expand the personality a bit more? See the other signups for a rough estimate on what it should be (Though you don't have to match them for length, we've had some really good signups)

Think about how Eddie would act in different situations. What are his hopes and dreams, are they different to before he was kidnapped? What is he like when he's scared? How will he react to being turned into a mutant? Just things like that, give us more of an idea who Eddie is and what sort of person he is; there are a lot of little intricacies to a person when you think about it, you just need to put some of the little fine details from inside your mind somewhere where we can see them.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
I see what you're saying, but I'm confused.

I know it says we wake up and told to run because they're coming so I assumed I'd be able flesh out all that during the ensuing RP. I was trying to give more of what kind of person he was then show what kind of person he'd become after the experiment since it looks like it's not long after. I feel like it's hard to depict what I'd feel suddenly waking up and being told to run. Being transformed would be an after thought as I don't think I go right into a mirror when I'm told to run.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
I believe that what Manska meant is that rather than simply saying (for example) "Jeni likes attention" you would flesh it out to explain how they have obtained this trait, such as an event in their past, and how they express this need for attention. Is it by making a show of themselves in public places, or perhaps carrying out a knowingly reckless stunt in order to get people to notice them?

Eddie tends to see everything in a positive light and isn't one for much negativity.

You could ask the questions why, how, when this first occurred, and things like that to help add depth to your foundation.

I hope I explained that correctly. If not then completely ignore me! :3

On a separate point, I think that Eddie and Elsie would be a dangerously powerful duo. Eddie uses anger to strengthen his attacks while Elsie feeds off the negative emotions around her (anger being one of the more common ones.) My girl would provide a means for his anger, such as conjuring illusions to instigate the emotion, while he would provide her a constant stream of dark energy. Perhaps, if you are accepted into the RP, Elsie would seek out Eddie after their powers are discovered with this revelation in mind. I think it would be fun to work with.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I was about to make a snarky comment about how getting close to somebody to feed their anger has Unfortunate implications, but then this happened...
"Is your name the Doctor, by any chance?"
Oh my god I love Doctor Who so much it's awesome!

Years
I was just using those as examples, in retrospect probably bad ones since I was pretty tired and rushing since I had to go soon; very bad ones actually, your personality should be mostly if not all about before the experiments since you've mostly been unconscious for them. There isn't anything specific I want you to add since I don't know Eddie well enough to say what's important enough to warrant adding, that's kinda the problem.

I'm just looking for you to expand the personality section a bit and give me a better idea of your character in general. Right now I just have a very basic idea of what Eddie is like. Stuff like fears, goals, likes, dislikes, little individualities that separate him from any other guy who is like him on the surface. They don't seem important but they help a lot; it gives the other players a better idea who they're playing with and, very importantly, it helps me as a GM to work in little story elements and scenes tailored to a particular character. Sovereign made a good point as well with showing some little bits of his past that caused him to be particular ways, if you think about that and those points I made here that should be a good amount of information. Or something else, again these are just examples to help get you thinking.

A lot of this story once it gets to the later steps is going to be me half twisting existing events to fit your character and half writing a new story based on what they do and for that I need to know more than the bare basics about your character.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Fun fact, I have never seen Doctor Who. I have always heard people rave about it but I have never sat down to watch an episode. Is it worth getting into this late in the race?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Well, you can't start off with the old series, 'cause a bunch of episodes are literally lost to time. You can start with the new run, beginning with Christopher Eccleston, and have a pretty enjoyable time of it. 'Tis where I started.

Buuut, I definitely wouldn't start off with the new series coming up. Stuff be confusin', yo. Especially with Steven Moffat at the head writer. Better to begin before things got more convoluted, so you can be eased into it.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
Years
Ah, I see. I'll do what I can to flesh it out a bit then. I was wondering why everyone else had a story for their personality. I was like, what could you possibly put in there that you can't just do with simple lines.

I'll edit it up here in a bit.

EDIT: I touched it to a point where it's (hopefully) acceptable.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Haha, I realize I didn't click the thread so I wasn't getting my frequent e-mails from it, and when I return you're all discussing my most favorite thing ever.

Either way I can't wait for this to start. START.... START NOW PLEASE.... plez. haha

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I've got nothing better to do, and there seems to be an opening... If you don't mind, I'd like to sign-up. It'll take me some time to actually write something up though.

Here's an RP sample though, PM me if you want to know where it came from, since it's not from this forum.
Spoiler:

Years
Sure, I'll note you down as a reserve. And that means that signups are closed once again.

Also since we're getting pretty close to enough people to get things started reservations now last three days from when they are taken out, or from the time of this post if you already had one.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
I need to drop out of this as I won't have this computer for much longer.

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • Age 28
  • Asia
  • Seen Oct 5, 2023
I'm running out of western-esqe names, so I'm recycling the one I used in my RP sample, since I like it and fits what I have in mind.

Name: Velvette Haziel
Pokemon Species: Froslass
Personality: If anyone were to ask someone who knew the Haziel family about Velvette, they would be told about a gorgeous, quiet, and polite girl who loves her siblings. While not incorrect, this font is the result of her upbringing.

As the eldest daughter of a well-off family, Velvette is expected to be graceful, talented, and beautiful. The girl didn't disappoint. Since her earliest years, Velvette has been taught the proper etiquette fit for high-end gatherings, learned with the best scholars of their time, and met many prolific figures. Through it all, she did it for the sake of her family, never complaining and simply enduring.

At one point, she couldn't take it anymore. She fled her classes and hid herself in one of the less used rooms of her home. There, she found something that would spurn her on through her endeavors. It was an art room, paintings from various artists hung from the walls, intricate sculptures dotted the room, but what caught her attention is an inconspicuous portrait of her mother and father sitting in a bench looking at a sunset. Her parents looked very sincere in it, unlike the mask they wore on a daily basis.

From then on, she aspired to live her life to the fullest, living up to people's expectations but not letting it hamper her chances to do what she wished to do. She wears a mask of a calm, quiet heir when in front of other people, but few actually know of her hidden depth.

Whenever people visited her home, she would sit on the side, watching them. Often, she would slip in a few words for the sake of conversation, but otherwise is quite content not participating much.

She is very passionate about art, but often keeps her words in check, she learned to tinker during her spare time, and never out-right speaks her mind.

Overall, Velvette is an understanding girl, intelligent, and is open-minded about other's opinions. Above all, she values the importance of life and the emotions people express.

Appearance: Velvette's most striking change from her old look, is her hair. Where before it used to be a curtain worthy of her namesake, the top of her head is tipped with short, straight snow-white strands. It sweeps over to one side to resemble a tear-drop. Long strands falling down to the small of her back retained their purple coloring, but their tips on both ends are white. A few framing her face were capped with ice, but still flowed when she moves.

Her skin turned quite pale and tinged slightly blue. There are a few patches of her skin with unnatural coloring though, like her midriff which is a bright red in color, and the blue spot on her hands.

The few features she retained from her old life is her vibrant violet eyes, her delicate fingers and her bright, expressive face.

Background: Velvette is the elder of the first-born twins of the Haziel family of Sinnoh, but while her twin-brother went away on his Pokemon Journey, she stayed at her home and took care of her other siblings while one or both of her parents left for business.

The Haziel family is a respected family known for their trade of metals and Steel Works. They are the main producers of quality steel, capable of providing materials for ship building even overseas such as Hoenn. They participate in fair-trade, and promote customer satisfaction and employee safety. Still, they are not without enemies.

There came a day when Velvette's monotonous routine changed, when one of her younger brothers was taken from their home. To make matters worse, her mother, who was pregnant at the time, suffered from their loss the most. From that moment, she vowed to value life at its best, and find her missing brother.

Her twin returned to their home, blaming himself for not being able to protect them, even if he wouldn't have been able to do much for the culprit to have slipped past the many bodyguards of the family. Still, this left few to search for her brother, and she left on trips as her family's representative as her father searched for him, her loyal Pidgeot that she raised from infancy by her side.

She traveled to Kanto, and got caught on work, slowly losing contact from her family. It has been over a year since she last heard from her twin when an event that changed her life happened. It was under the cover of night, her Pidgeot resting inside its Pokeball by her bedside table, that she was taken.

It took two whole months before anyone noticed that Velvette Haziel has gone missing.

Features - Positive:
-She can levitate almost instinctively.
-She can create invisible barriers, and make things float and move.
-Quite skilled with the manipulation of Ice and Snow.
-Capable of changing the atmosphere of a room and/or location with effort.
-Extremely agile and stronger than Humans.
-Both Human and Pokemon medicine are effective on her

Features - Negative:
-The less moisture there is in the air, the harder it is for Velvette's body to breathe. The hotter it is, the more fatigued she becomes.
-Unlike what it is to be expected, she is completely solid, she can't phase through objects and her Ghost-Pokemon constitution only protects her from Pokemon attacks.
-She knows next to nothing about controlling her ghost powers, even instinctively.
-Her biology, for the most part, is that of a human's, including her immune system and rest and recovery.

Roleplay sample: Dead RWBY Roleplay, most people posted short passages.
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back