• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Neo Genesis - OOC Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Since threads like this seem to be all the rage these days...

So yes, anything concerning the RP that isn't a sign-up or - later on - an IC post goes here. This also includes any notifications of edits to your profiles; let's try to keep the main thread as clean as possible, m'kay? ;D

Now, most of you are probably wondering why there are so many ~Pending~s about, right? Well, at this point I'm still trying to determine what level of writing quality I can reasonably except (not to mention that a lot of people haven't finished their profiles yet) so at this point I don't want to set anything in stone unless the profile really shows outstanding quality or is really horribly subpar compared to the rest. As it is, basically any of you pending people could be accepted in the end so give it your best shot. The general level of quality is promising thus far, but I really think that a lot of you could squeeze out quite a few more lines than you have right now.

Anyways, once this RP starts, feel free to drabble on about plot developments, characters, and everything even vaguely related to the RP, Pokémon: Neo Genesis here. I will also be posting small info blurbs about the setting and such as they become relevant, so check up on this from time to time. :3

Current membership:

~Accepted~

Aegis
Alter Ego (surprise! =O)
Art_Critic_Cubone
chomp
Kogenta
Nigma
Phanima
Porygon-Z
Random_Fan

Last edited:
Years
Heh, the moment I posted that sign-up, I was deeply worried that the history would kill me. x_X

Yays; I'm accepted! Well, from the time I post this, the next time I'll be active on this website is in twelve hours due to other real life commitments, heh heh. Oh well; highly unlikely that the RP will start playing hours before I get back online with the amount of pendings, right? >_>;

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
Years
Yayzies, I'm one of two accepted peoples! :3

I was wondering whether or not the whole "semi-photgraphic memory" thing was over the top, but I guess not. (Well, that and I can pull things like that off on occasion. :3)

Question- So, when are we planning to try to start the roleplay? I'm back to school tomorrow, so I'm not going to have as much time available to get online, but this far I'm fine with any beginning time.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Nyu, the starting date depends very much on how quickly the cast will be assembled (Which, if things keep going like this, will be pretty soon). I also want to give all those pending people a fair chance to edit their profiles (And heck, I want a chance to touch up my own too since it's looking so dwarfed next to Phanima's. xD). I'll give it a day or two; it depends. And yeah, my open university courses will be starting soon so trust me: I want to see this RP started as much as anyone, but I don't want to rush it. :3

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I finished mine. It's not the best, but its not terrible. I think its pretty good for man whose been writing a paper on the "Examples of Racism/Prejudice/Discrimination in Modern Great Britain." wo0t

chomp

Mors Ontologica
Years
Population: chomp

Grargh. I tried, now I have to go and hand write a huge long review of a play I saw at the Fringe Festival. Oh joy...

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 11, 2011
Population: chomp

Grargh. I tried, now I have to go and hand write a huge long review of a play I saw at the Fringe Festival. Oh joy...

You can always edit, practice makes perfect no? But I suppose time restrictions would be a problem with the essay and everything, so it can't be helped. Good luck, I suppose.

Is there still a chance at getting accepted if you haven't signed up before?

That depends on what you mean by that question. There's always the chance of being accepted if you post a sign-up, even if it is for the first time. And obviously, you can't be accepted without signing up at all, so I'm assuming that the first statement was correct. Sign-up and see, and it always helps to look around at other roleplays to see the general standard of RP-ers. Although, AE's plots seem to be much more developed and harder to get into for the Average-Joe roleplayer, especially in this one, since he's become so nit-picky. Haha, I'm joking, I'm joking...ahem.

Nyu, the starting date depends very much on how quickly the cast will be assembled (Which, if things keep going like this, will be pretty soon). I also want to give all those pending people a fair chance to edit their profiles (And heck, I want a chance to touch up my own too since it's looking so dwarfed next to Phanima's. xD). I'll give it a day or two; it depends. And yeah, my open university courses will be starting soon so trust me: I want to see this RP started as much as anyone, but I don't want to rush it. :3

Pwar, it's not that big, especially to some others I've seen, but I suppose I went a bit overboard. Nevertheless, I'm happy I got accepted, although I was extremely worried about the whole 'samurai' setup I had going on, but after remembering that the RP is based in the Pokemon world, I realised reality was customisable. I mean, they already have psychics, an Electabuzz softball team and an island filled with giant robotic Pokemon, so who's to say samurai are out of place?

Oh, and Plum will definitely see Alex as her boy-toy, or a door mat if his attitude starts to piss her off. .3.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
Well I wasn't really in a "writing mood" today but I still tried to edit my profile. I hope it's up to par now.

M@XWeru

Omnipresent Authority Figure
Years
That depends on what you mean by that question. There's always the chance of being accepted if you post a sign-up, even if it is for the first time. And obviously, you can't be accepted without signing up at all, so I'm assuming that the first statement was correct. Sign-up and see, and it always helps to look around at other roleplays to see the general standard of RP-ers. Although, AE's plots seem to be much more developed and harder to get into for the Average-Joe roleplayer, especially in this one, since he's become so nit-picky. Haha, I'm joking, I'm joking...ahem.

I realize how clumsy my wording was, so I understand that it is easily misintrepreted. I've been in a few hundred roleplays before - this isn't my very first sign-up. What I meant was, is there still a chance of getting accepted, or does the creator feel that there are too many roleplayers in this roleplay already? It is because this is a much more well-written roleplay than most that I ask, since I wouldn't want to go through making a character suited for it, just to find out that it was impossible all along.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Alright after a lot of very painful decisions I've cut down the ~Pending~ list a lot (and probably made a lot of people on these forums hate me in the process); the last slot, as noted in my post in the main thread, will be decided around the time when I make my opening IC, which, to repeat, will be around the time of:

13.00 GMT

depends a bit on at what point I wake up and such. I'm leaving this last slot as a last chance for the people who still haven't finished, but tomorrow I'm making the final decision regardless of whether everyone is done or not. Harsh, but such is life.

M@XWeru said:
I realize how clumsy my wording was, so I understand that it is easily misintrepreted. I've been in a few hundred roleplays before - this isn't my very first sign-up. What I meant was, is there still a chance of getting accepted, or does the creator feel that there are too many roleplayers in this roleplay already? It is because this is a much more well-written roleplay than most that I ask, since I wouldn't want to go through making a character suited for it, just to find out that it was impossible all along.

Well, technically you still have a shot since there's one slot left that I haven't decided on yet, but I won't lie to you: the acceptance criteria for that one will be pretty crazy because there are so many people pending for it even after all my cold-hearted cutbacks. A lot of people ended up being declined not because they bad but because of other people; the inevitable downside of getting a lot sign-ups.

And yeah, Phanima: I'm a prick about profiles and proud of it. This time is going to be even worse, though, since there are just so many people to choose from. x_x

Pwar, it's not that big, especially to some others I've seen, but I suppose I went a bit overboard. Nevertheless, I'm happy I got accepted, although I was extremely worried about the whole 'samurai' setup I had going on, but after remembering that the RP is based in the Pokemon world, I realised reality was customisable. I mean, they already have psychics, an Electabuzz softball team and an island filled with giant robotic Pokemon, so who's to say samurai are out of place?

Erm...yeah, compared to mine it's a freakin' Mamoswine of a profile. *Shot for pokémon metaphor* I've seen bigger, yes, (One of them being one of my crazy person moment profiles that took five hours just to type out and ended up the size of a respectable one-shot Fanfic.) but not many. But it's true that plenty goes in the pokémon world. I mean, we're talking a place where twelve-year old kids are allowed to boss around mythological critters with the power to reshape the face of the earth. A bit of samurai tradition doesn't call for a very big leap of faith. (Besides, there was the crazy samurai guy in that early anime episode so something like that has been confirmed to exist in the pokémon world) x3

Oh, and Plum will definitely see Alex as her boy-toy, or a door mat if his attitude starts to piss her off. .3.

Heh, I can only imagine...poor guy, and you'd think that having been bossed about by his baby sister was bad enough. But that's another story which will be explored later on. xD

Last edited:

Fallen Angel_Messiah Of Black Roses

The one you hate to love. :P
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 29, 2017
Alter Ego, I'm going to drop out, I won't bother finishing my sign up. Because there are alot of people who deserve it more anyway, good luck with your RP. :)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
Years
Alter Ego, I'm going to drop out, I won't bother finishing my sign up. Because there are alot of people who deserve it more anyway, good luck with your RP. :)

Awwright, duly noted. And thanks. ^-^

Anyways, I'm aware that I'm behind schedule with this and for that I'm sorry. You see, my uncle had a last-minute move job that needed to be done (Dismantling and relocating a playhouse) so I was recruited for carrying once again.

At any rate, I'm typing out the opening IC right now so it shouldn't take too long. As for the verdict of the final RPer, I've finally settled on...*Dramatic drumroll* Actually, I've settled on a split-verdict of chomp and Kogenta, so I'm starting this with an RPer count of one above the original limit; because I'm the RP master and I can. ;3

So...the opening IC will come as fast as my keyboard will allow. Stay tuned. :3

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
Years
I was a little disappointed in not making the cut, but I'm only posting here for the feedback on my RP profile sheet just so I can get a feel of what I need to fix in future profiles.

Good luck with your RP Alter Ego. : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back