• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Friends forever.

Nakala Pri

When was the first time you met your best friend? Was it an awkward moment, or a glorious realization of a true friendship?

On a random chat site my brother had recently joined, he allowed me to have one friend. So I went on Chat Now and then when Ebony popped up I begged her not to leave (everyone else did) so she stayed. She is still my bestie! ^ ^

Then my second bestie, Sky, I was doing the same thing and she was there, fun, excitable and awesome, just like Ebony. :P I love them both so much!!!! <3

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I met my best friend in Year 3, when they had just arrived at school from America. They had come down and sat down at our table so we decided to start up a conversation- after introductions and general 'welcome to the school', we decided to talk more at lunch and gradually we bonded together slowly. It went from small conversations, to playing games together, talking a bit more, going over to their place and even the occassional sleepover. It was a rather long time getting to know her, but we're basically bread and butter. I hang out at her place quite a bit and chat with her at school, although she went back to the US, a few days ago so that was really saddening. But yeah that's how I met her. :]

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
Years
i met my best friends online at anime site..still the favorite place to my heart till now..AnimeNation..it was crazy fun days we were more of punch of crazy people mods had no clue how to deal with us...in 28th this running june it's 3 years now ..Love Yall dear friends <33

um my bestie irl is someone i met in an awkward situation...someone told me she's a thief who destroyed their life..but when i looked at her she seemed as harm as a baby lamb...that was at prep school ..then i went to high school and she was at the same high school...i talked to her once and twice to end up knowing that all what was said about her were lies....i even told her what i heard..she kept laughing like crazy but since then( we were 15) we are best friends...destroying life!!!? hah beyatch she's the only person who handled the insanity of moi and still alive!!!!! lol <33

Years
Actually I have three best friends. The first one, Taru, I met when I was 7.
We were in the same class in primary school. We do not even really spent time with each other until junior high school, we started out of necessity to spend time with each other. After that we were inseparable. We had our own problems, because her betrayed my trust. Finally, we harvested between us, and we are still occasions. Now she has a 2-year-old daughter with my stepbrother.

The other two I met as a teenager when I started dating my boyfriend. Jouko is my boyfriend's best friend too and he also was dating my little sister a couple of years. Jouko is a really funny guy and we spend a lot of time with each other.

Last but not least, Anton. He is also my boyfriend's friend. He is a true computer genius and helps me when I have some problems with my laptop. He is a very skeptical person, and is used primarily by all his free time playing or car repair ('cause it's always broken)..

I love my friends a very much, and I don't need any more friends. Those three are the pillars of my life <3

Years
I've met my best friend who is now like my brother in 2007 online while playing Diablo II on forums about that game. We got along really from the very start, although our true friendship started in 2010. We still never met IRL.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I don't have a best friend anymore, just friends, they're all equal, even if we interact with each other in different ways.

This pretty much sums up me. I used to have a best friend, but we went through a rough path in our friendship and it gone to the point where he felt I was "hovering" him too much and that's when I realized we weren't as close as we used to be. I gave him space and avoided him mostly and we've made up ever since. While we haven't seen or talked each other in a while , we seem to be better on speaking terms now. So because of this I've decided not to have a best friend but a bunch of really good friends.

Well anyway, that guy was my best friend until at least we entered high school. We met in grade school I believe on the first day of kindergarten. Either way we met in Kindergarten. The way I remember it, we were introducing ourselves and he introduced me to him and I guess we clicked from there. We would go to each other's house almost everyday and play Pokemon, Mario Kart, and Smash Brothers and other games. I guess we had so much in common, like both of us being big fans of Pokemon (and we're both still are it seems) that made us such good friends. What's good was that we lived just down the street from each other (still true today, though I think we lives in a college dorm now.) so that's how we hung out so much.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
I met my best friend through the mother's and toddler's group last year. We get on well as we both have a three year. (though her's is a boy).

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Best friend? Which one?

I met my best friend Tyler when I was attending college in San Diego. Then there's also Vero, whom I met during a graphic design class when I was younger. There's another best friend I had, whom I met on here, but we're not even talking to each other anymore. We've become complete strangers.

Nowadays, all my best friends live very far away so I don't see them as often anymore. My IRL friends are not really my best friends, they're just people I hang with quite often, so it's probably safe to say that I technically do not have a close best friend.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
With one of them I honestly don't remember. It feels like we just met one day.

But with another one I remember very clearly. I went over to his house when I was in 1st grade because his mom was babysitting me after school that day. We opened the door and he was on a flattened cardboard box at the top of the stairs. He was planning to slide down and out the door, but the problem was the stairs weren't directly in front of the door so he ended up hitting the wall because he found out that you can't steer cardboard.

Nakala Pri

Thank all of you for posting such nice stories! For those who don't get to see them much, I'm sorry. I haven't seen Ebony for about a year now, but I am positive we're still besties!

After all, the moment lasts a minute, the memory lasts a lifetime. ^ ^

Sirfetch’d

I met my best irl friend the first day of 3rd grade, his name was Sam and we instantly connected and became best friends. We did everything together until we graduated and then we lost touch. I will always consider him my best irl friend and still hope to see him again one day. He taught me a lot and I really miss him. I will always have memories I guess.

My best online friend(and the person who I consider my best friend overall) I met at PC's battle server. His name is Tom, and we just instantly became best friends, it wasnt awkward at all, but I knew after about a week that there was something special. We love to talk, and always are having fun and joking around together. As I have sadly learned, it is easy to distance yourself from a best friend if you arent prepared, so we are making sure we stay besties for life :3.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My first good friend I met before either of us could even speak.
Then I didn't see him for years. When I did later, I ended up closer to his younger sister than I was to him.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
I really don't remember when I first met my best friends lol were still close now I guess it must have been awkward because we were only in kindergarden. we were so cute hahaha

Honest

Hi!
Years
Blah, I feel like I have so many best friends. I'll just talk about the one I've known longest.

One I met in second grade, and we've been going to school together ever since then, save for two years. We just started talking and got to know each other. And now we're besties. =D

Nakala Pri

Friendship is so magical! I am glad some people kept in touch! Me, Sky and Ebony never met in real life, but at least we don't have the problem of stealing boyfriends, haha. xD

DjentlemanJoe

A True Djentleman
Years
My best friend I met at 14. I used to watch him get beaten up. I was good friends with his mortal enemy, and now I'm his bodyguard practically.

I moved from the UK to SA, and were still best buds. He's just had a baby girl who is my godchild and he's flying over to my wedding next year. Best man and best friend.

Been through too much together since.

Friends are your chosen family, that's for sure.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I met my best friend a few years ago when I was nine years old. Her name's Ishi, and she's my small-eyed, freckled-face pretend-sister, who loves One Direction as much as I love Justin Bieber. We have lots of things in common, from writing our own stories to sports, but in a way, we're the exact opposite of one another. She's really sensitive -- if you say a joke that might offend her, you're in big trouble. She admits she's a crybaby, and since I'm pretty strong inside, I help her out.

I'll never forget the day when she asked me for a blue ballpen, back in 2010.

Years
The first time I met my best friend in real life was during our 9th or 10th grade math class. She sat in front of me but we never really talked much.. and honestly we didn't seem to have interest in talking to each other at all at that point. It took us until freshman year in college to start talking more since she wanted an anime recommendation and I recommended one that got her hooked. Now we're still best friends and have been in a few classes together. :)

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Best fri--what? I have never had one of those. Whether it is because of me, or other people, there has never really been anyone that I would label as my "Best" friend. I mean, I suppose by the definition of Best I technically do have one, but that doesn't mean that I have any good friends... I think I'd wait for someone to come along who actually truly embodies what it means to be a "best friend" before I actually go around starting to label someone as this. I think that with a lot of people, it is a pretty pointless title that holds very little meaning. Often I find, that for these people, they think they person that they hang out with the most is their best friend, but their often wrong. Their BEST friend, is the one that will always have their back no matter what... through the the thick and the thin.

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I met my best friend back when we were in pre-school. Our moms worked together and made us play together and we've been inseparable ever since. Our friendship sort of faded after graduating high school because she moved like 3 hours away to a university while I was still at home. But now we're going to be living together in a few months at that university. So hopefully we can be as close as we once were.
I had another best friend from about ninth grade to middle of my senior year in high school. But she got mixed into a bad crowd and so we drifted away from each other. I miss her sometimes, we only became friends because we both had the same sort of humor.

Back