• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Safari

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Yeah. I have no idea about habitats :D
I could of looked into it but oh well.
You get the idea though :l
*Fixed*
Nice idea, perhaps the player would have to do a sequence of events in order to get a ticket to the right habitat. (There will be an aeroplane script)

Can I make a trainer sprite and help You?
Seeing as you don't battle trainers in this, what would be the point? xD

Ooh, cool looking. I have never played Safari, but it seems fun. Will you use proper grammar?
Um, yes.. Why wouldn't I? 0.o

Will you get more Pokemon if you take more Pictures? Will there be Pokemon at all?
You don't catch any Pokemon at all, it's all about taking photos.

When Arian and Gummy told me you were in the process of creating a hack I must say I had my doubts... XD; But yeah, this is a total surprise for me, the concept is very unique, something that hasn't been done before. Really looking forward to a alpha release or even a beta. I'm wondering how this new system will work out aswell. But as always, good luck Joey, hope to see more screenshots soon. :3
(nice CSS, by the way)
Haha, none of you lot know me as a hacker but back in 2004/5 this is the only place you'd find me. xD

Also, I'll be giving sneaky beta's to the skype lot, so keep your ears open. :P

Also, thanks for the comment about the CSS; Took forever. xD

Congratulations on winning hack of the week number 75. Here is your award.
safariaward.png
Thanks, even if it was only two votes that got me it. xD

I don't think you have to remove the pokedex...
I have no idea if you can do that but maybe instead of using the pokedex to document the catching of the pokemon you can use to document the filming of the pokemon... Like everytime you take a picture of a certain pokemon it will appear in the pokedex as if you've caught it.
It'd be a ncie idea, but unfortunately the Pokedex enters the Pokemon even if you've only seen them;

Kind of annoying actually because the way the hack will turn out there will be no way of seeing whether you've took a photos of every Pokemon. :/

Anyway guys, so for not updated; I was on holiday for a while.

I haven't done much more on it, at the moment I'm working on inserting the Pokemon overworlds from Mystery Dungeon 2:

Miltank

Walking:
miltankwalk.gif

Sleeping:
miltanksleep.gif

Stantler

Walking:
stantlerwalk.gif

Sleeping:
stantlersleep.gif

Mareep

Walking:
mareepwalk.gif

Sleeping:
mareepsleep.gif

Jigglypuff

Walking:
jigglypuffwalk.gif

Sleeping:
jigglypuffsleep.gif

I'm not sure whether I'll definitely be using these though, I guess we'll see.

I've also got a fully functional boat cutscene of my own now.
I'll post a video some other time, but for now here's a gif:

boat.gif

Last edited:

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Big update guys, I'm incorporating a phone system and it's going well. :D

It's essentially a remake of the phone system from G/S/C;

The player will receive phone calls whilst walking around anywhere in the region after a random number of steps greater than 500 has been taken.

Here's a video of the player receiving a phone call while walking around in Lilycove. (Don't worry, not a map that's going to be in the final game)

You can also choose to call people up yourself, and for that I've created it's own brand new menu:

phone.png

I've also been working on the intro, yet to change the background though:

intropoke.png

Last edited:

NatureKeeper

One Word. Wow. This is amazing how can you hex edit.

Years
This is looking very very good!! I can see its well planned. And the features are grand! I cant wait to play this. I wish you luck, plz dont stop the great work!!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Joey, this is the best hack I have seen in months.

I honestly wnder why you didn't start hacking earlier. The new phone system looks really well done, the sprites are really nice, and you scripting efforts are impressive.

The only department I need more info about is the storyline, otherwise this could perfectly be HoTY.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wow, this is looking even more amazing! :D

Now I'm REALLY psyched to play this hack!!!
I wish you the best of luck with this. Good luck~

Barney.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2015
No moar Ghostbusters? :'(

My thoughts are the same as everyone elses.

Just magical, Naturals.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
An awesome hack, what else might I say...
lol Sumsang
Thanks, amazingly you're only the second one to get it. xD

Joey, this is the best hack I have seen in months.

I honestly wnder why you didn't start hacking earlier. The new phone system looks really well done, the sprites are really nice, and you scripting efforts are impressive.

The only department I need more info about is the storyline, otherwise this could perfectly be HoTY.
Thanks, glad the effort isn't going noticed; many an all-nighter has been pulled. xD;

And yeah, the main storyline is still crap but I've managed to rack up loads of sub-plots, side 'quests' and mini-games;
It's going to be much more about those that than any main storyline, so it doesn't need to be amazing.
I'll speak with Gymshorts though and keep working on it. :]

Wow, this is looking even more amazing! :D

Now I'm REALLY psyched to play this hack!!!
I wish you the best of luck with this. Good luck~
Thankies. :3

No moar Ghostbusters? :'(

My thoughts are the same as everyone elses.

Just magical, Naturals.
Shhhh....They'll be in there (complete with midi 8]) just hidden. ;3

I'd love to help out as a Tile-spriter!
Have a look at my pixel art thread for proof
At the moment I'm focusing more on the core things, tiles not being one of them.
Also, I think when the time comes I'll be using Kyledoves, nobody can argue against that. xD

Ok, update time! :D

At the moment I've been working on the new photo capture system to replace the wild battles.

Here's a small demonstration of it in-game so far:

As you can see can move the 'crosshairs' (for lack of a better word) left and right, get the pokemon in the center and only then will you be able to take a valid photo of it.

Eventually It should look like this mock-up:

battlesystemmock.png

Last edited:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Yer, its an awesome idea for a hack, and its probably the most interesting one at that, Good luck on hope you can keep going.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Wow... That. Was. AMAZING! :D

The must of been really hard to implement. D: Man, this is looking absolutely fantastic!

Seriously, good luck with this~

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Well all I can say is that you should expect another emblem, saying HoTY winner.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Joe, I think I have a crush on you.
Also, this post may or may not be a thread bump.

We'll see.

And just so this post isn't off-topic, uh blah blah camera feature blah blah i wish i wuz as gud as u at skriptng

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2009
Oh man, this hack looks AMAZING. :D Keep up the hard work, I can't wait until it gets released!

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
is it getting still worked on?
been a while.

ruby

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
Only a week. :o

But yes it is, I've just been a little busy with college.

NatureKeeper

Next time, you may make the Camera have options like Night View, Portrait, and so on?
The flash also...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back