• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

XSE Scripting Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
I don't really know if I'm allowed to request scripts, or for help here, but, do you mind explaining to me in PM how to make a wildbattle script without walking pressing a on someone?
Like walking into the grass and a Pokémon appears?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
I don't know if i can ask it here, but i need some serious help.
I want a script, that if you step on it, it will say something, and then you do one step down, untill a setflag is activated.
Please help me.

Last edited:

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Mine keeps saying unknown keyword "boxset" at line 7 when i try to do a diolouge script

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
I don't know if i can ask it here, but i need some serious help.
I want a script, that if you step on it, it will say something, and then you do one step down, untill a setflag is activated.
Please help me.

#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x
if 0x0 (Means if not done) goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @talk 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @move1
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#talk
= TEXT HERE

Hope that helped

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#ORG @Speak
= Hayden:It's about time [Player]/nI was waiting on you/n[rival]'s mom was looking for you!

I followed the Tutorial Perfectly how come this doesnt work?

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#org @Speak
= Hayden:It's about time [Player]/nI was waiting on you/n[rival]'s mom was looking for you!

Don't captilize ORG or else it might not work
what was wrong with it BTW

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Well it keeps saying error 13 type mismatch on line 6
Missing Dynamic label

Oh Lowercasing ORG did'nt work V_V

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @main
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @msg 0x6
release
end

#org @msg

Ahh you used two different Dynamic labels for the same msg
the fix is in bold

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
#dynamic 0x800000
#org @start
checkflag 0x
if 0x0 (Means if not done) goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @talk 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

#talk
= TEXT HERE

Hope that helped

i tried it, but it doesn't work. as first it sayd he can't reconize #talk, so i changed that in #org @talk, and then it works, but when i putted in the game it will freeze. Did i do something wrong? :(

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
i tried it, but it doesn't work. as first it sayd he can't reconize #talk, so i changed that in #org @talk, and then it works, but when i putted in the game it will freeze. Did i do something wrong? :(
Change #talk to #org @talk and open up Advance Map, type in 4000 for the script's Var Number, 0003 for Unknown. That should work.
Also, if you're using R/S/E roms, use 0x04 to walk down 1 step; if you're using FR/LG roms then use 0x08.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
Change #talk to #org @talk and open up Advance Map, type in 4000 for the script's Var Number, 0003 for Unknown. That should work.
Also, if you're using R/S/E roms, use 0x04 to walk down 1 step; if you're using FR/LG roms then use 0x08.

Thanks, he steps back now. But now there is a other problem :disappoin. It don't say anything, if i step on it, it send me back without text.
It's pretty funny, but if you know how to solve the problem, that would be awesome.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
Thanks, he steps back now. But now there is a other problem :disappoin. It don't say anything, if i step on it, it send me back without text.
It's pretty funny, but if you know how to solve the problem, that would be awesome.
Since you didn't show me the script I can't figure out what was wrong with it. How about trying this script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1008
if 0x0 goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @e 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x4
#raw 0xfe

#org @e
= Back off!

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
Since you didn't show me the script I can't figure out what was wrong with it. How about trying this script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x1008
if 0x0 goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @e 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x4
#raw 0xfe

#org @e
= Back off!

It's the same problem.. and if you want the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @talk 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x04
#raw 0xFE

#org @talk
= It isn't smart to go without a pokemon!

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
It's the same problem.. and if you want the script:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x200
if 0x0 goto @move
release
end

#org @move
lock
msgbox @talk 0x6
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move1
#raw 0x04
#raw 0xFE

#org @talk
= It isn't smart to go without a pokemon!

That's really weird! I tried your script on my Emerald, Sapphire & Fire Red roms, and it worked just perfectly. I don't think there's any problem with the script. Perhaps there's some problem with the roms you use, or the hack tools.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2010
That's really weird! I tried your script on my Emerald, Sapphire & Fire Red roms, and it worked just perfectly. I don't think there's any problem with the script. Perhaps there's some problem with the roms you use, or the hack tools.

It can't be the rom, because i use Sapphire, and you tried it. Maybe it's my XSE, i got version 1.0.0, i'll try to update it, and see if it works.

EDIT:
I update my XSE to 1.1.1, and now it's working :D Thanks for everything, i now have to find how i can let him step up, to the right or the left xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
It can't be the rom, because i use Sapphire, and you tried it. Maybe it's my XSE, i got version 1.0.0, i'll try to update it, and see if it works.

EDIT:
I update my XSE to 1.1.1, and now it's working :D Thanks for everything, i now have to find how i can let him step up, to the right or the left xD

Then you should take a look at diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial. There's a part that shows lists of PKMN movement. Here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Lukeyjohnno

Hacker-In-Training ;)
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Right, I have a script that I'm using so that you go into the grass and talk to a pokemon sprite and go into battle. The only thing is, the pokemon comes out like this:

Spoiler:

Here is the script:
Spoiler:

The pokémon is 0x252 because it is an added pokémon, can I get any help?

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2010
Right, I have a script that I'm using so that you go into the grass and talk to a pokemon sprite and go into battle. The only thing is, the pokemon comes out like this:

Spoiler:

Here is the script:
Spoiler:

The pokémon is 0x252 because it is an added pokémon, can I get any help?

I think you must've mistakenly put in 0x252 into the script. Since 252 in HEX equals 594 in DEC, and there are only 411 pokemon in the game (including the 25 unused ones). So fix that and it'll work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back