• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Shipping Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
My favorite Pokeshipping is the one between Ash and May, Advanceshipping. I really like the Ash x Misty relationship though. I think with the japan anime that one is called SatoKasu. I'm still new to the term shipping so there is a lot that I didn't know. My friend EternallyAnna told me about them and I think that it's interesting. I think Ash and Serena or Clermont and Serena may be a thing in XY.

Trick or Treat!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Kind a disappointed to see Serena acting so formal !
Ya she didn't saw Ash for long time so she had to be formal.

But I hope all the formality of Serena will end in next episode and She will start acting like a childhood friend from XY 007 !

I wonder if Ash & Serena relationship will be like Tonio & Alice (Pokemon Movie 10 : Darkai)
They are childhood friend .

Years
Spoiler:

I wonder why he's making that face...

Amourshipping is on the rise.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I didn't feel like she was that formal? I mean she was being respectful,especially due to the situation, but she was certainly beginning to get in his face about it when she tried to say something.

this is getting pushed rlly hard innit

Years
I feel that Ash x Serena is being pushed by the writers to be the main canon or something, but that's up for another debate.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I mean they're so pushing it hard but I wonder how they're going to deal with it and what direction they'll go in. Like I can see- I don't remember who said but- like if it does end up Clemont/Serena at the end and Ash goes off on his own that would work well? Or will she just eventually get over him or grow out of this crush or???

Imagine if Ash legit promised to marry her as a kid accidentally or something. Way to go DragonBall on us.

I'm also going to make a point that I've been making since I saw the 006 preview: Clemont has created a big cannon that shoots sticky webs for Ash.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Since Serena is Ash's childhood friend , I think she should be unaffected by most of Ash usual Characteristic because she already familiar with it.
Like Ash's Kindness , his recklessness , his cookie attitude , his love for Pokemon and his determination.
Instate , Serena should explain Ash's personality to Clemont & Bonnie like how Brock use to explain Ash's personality to newer traveling companion .
Honestly , Serena should act like how Misty (Or any other old friend) would act if she return as a traveling companion !
Serena should only react to the change's Ash had in her absence.
Also,
It would cool if there are mini-flashback everytime Serena explain Ash's personality to Clemont & Bonnie !
Plus , I hope Serena reveal some of Ash's talent that haven't been reveal in show.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Honestly, I'd like to see her in more of an idealist role. She hasn't seen Ash in a long time and she seems to have built him up in her mind when he's grown and matured without her, probably in different ways than she'd expect. I'd like her to be surprised by his characteristics and see her trying to reconcile reality with her fantasy.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if Ash & Serena did all the typical Childhood friend Anime stuff . Like

-Bathing together

-Sleeping together

-Holding hand most of the time

-Serena being tease by other as ''Ash's Bride'' while Ash wonder what Bride mean!

-Promising to marry each other in future .

Oh Ash & Serena moment from XY 005-

Last edited:

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Lol they're trying to keep up the suspense even more. But some canon confirmation of Serena certainly taking interest and this childhood gab really seems to be the thing. I wonder how a Kanto region boy got up meeting a Kalos girl though...

Years
  • Seen Mar 31, 2014
Lol they're trying to keep up the suspense even more. But some canon confirmation of Serena certainly taking interest and this childhood gab really seems to be the thing. I wonder how a Kanto region boy got up meeting a Kalos girl though...

According to her, there was a summer camp in Pallet Town that Professor Oak hosted that both went to. Ash remembers the camp, but not what happened between them there.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
oh my god what is this i need to watch this episode nooooooooooooooooooooow

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
ahhhh they're pushing amour so hard but i was still happier at clemont rescuing ash

idk i might just be shying away from the thing they really want us to ship. like it's weird; contestshipping was obvs writer-supported but it felt a lot more natural than amour so i didnt reject it

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i mean, in theory, i like amour. it's cute. but i don't like that it's being shoved upon me. seriously what was up with that ~romantic~ helping her up scene? i mean i guess it was more serena's take as a little girl with a crush but i just... don't want that to be all she's here for. i hope she'll stop clinging to the past and start liking ash for who he is rather than who he was cause i mean she really didnt even know him then. she's just created a fantasy around her saviour.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Man, its a good thing Serena wasn't introduced earlier in the series when more Misty fans were in the fandom. Serena would be getting a tremendous amount of hate from obsessive Pokeshippers right about now....

This is actually the big fear Pokeshippers had about May and Dawn when they were originally introduced, and some of them did irrationally hate their characters for shallow shipping purposes. Of course neither May nor Dawn crushed on Ash much, but they were still jealous because they were there and Misty wasn't.

I wonder if the writers are doing this because its now been 10 years in real life since Misty left, so after a decade all those old pokeshippers have pretty much died out and left the fandom, that the writers are free to pair Ash up with a new girl.

Kind of odd too, since Serena's personality feels like a mix of May and Dawn's so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back