• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
I wanna start a Solo challenge, not ultimate but say I start on Platinum and complete it am I then allowed to change to an Ultimate and I would have already done Platinum?

It doesnt matter what order you do it in, just as long as you complete all regions ( Isshu not counted as the english ROM won't be out for ages )

-

I'm changing mine to a Larvitar run. Much easier to learn moves

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Ok, I'll sign up but I'll only start once I've finished my Normal UMC & posibily my Duo-Species run.

Name: Suicune™
Challenge: Single (for now)
Pokemon: Swellow
Game: Pokémon Emerald

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
It is time... to do some unfinished business.
And, where we have to go, is the Pokèmon League! We have a battle to do, remember?
I heard the Elite Four has powered up... I hope we can do it!

Now finishing the last important battles to do.

EDIT: Ready to take on the Elite Four, for the second time!

505.gif

Lv. 80 @ Wide Lens
- Crunch
- Retaliate
- Hypnosis
- Screech

And usual HM Slaves.​

Last edited:

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It doesnt matter what order you do it in, just as long as you complete all regions ( Isshu not counted as the english ROM won't be out for ages )
The english ROM has been out since the US B/W version has been out - just google it. You need a code to get it to work correctly on no$gba, but I am using a US ROM.

By the way, I will eventually extend both my USC runs with Arcanine and Girafarig on to B/W I hope, but it may not be for a while.

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
The english ROM has been out since the US B/W version has been out - just google it. You need a code to get it to work correctly on no$gba, but I am using a US ROM.
By the way, I will eventually extend both my USC runs with Arcanine and Girafarig on to B/W I hope, but it may not be for a while.

if you notice IT ISNT LEGAL. Check some of their names, Bel And Chris? Thats not the rival names lol.

-

Grinded a bit and Tybalt is level 16, just about to go into Mt.moon

Last edited:

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Hi! This is my first ever challenge, and I brought myself to restart Fire Red XD

Name: -KG

Challenge: Single
Pokemon: Venasaur
Game: Fire Red

stargate1995

Mr. Flying Pickle Monster
Years
Hello there! I'm back after...um.. A long time? Anyway I haven't managed to replace my stolen DS and haven't been able to play pokemon for quite awhile, however I really want to do the Nidoran-Nidoking ultimate I started right before losing my DS, SO I have decided to emulate all games(I usually just emulated GBA games) on my computer, sadly this means the usual time it takes me to do the runs will be doubled as I have alot less access to my computer then I had to my DS but ow well. Hopefully the speed up button on soul silver will make up for this :).

Anyway as I mentioned I'll be using Nidoran> Nidoking like originally planned however will probably not go through black(or white) in this challenge yet as I've already beaten it twice and haven't even purchased my actual copy for actually playing the game in English or without doing a solo, honestly it's really boring the second time but I'll end up playing it 3 more times(1 for this run, 1 for Kabutops and 1 for a normal play through, which'll probably be a solo run with starter, as is the way I play my new games).

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
This has been surprisingly easy so far XD

- I chose a Bulbasaur, Timid nature and called him gumball
- Beat Gary
- I travelled to Viridian and back with Oak's Parcel
- Made my way through Viridian Forest
- I reached Pewter with Bulbasaur lv 12
- Beat Brock and his chalenger with one move on all the pokemon, Vine Whip
- Moved to lv15 and taught Sleep Powder
- Travelled along Route 3 to Mt. Moon
- Made my way through Mt Moon without fainting.
- Chose Helix Fossil, not that I will use it.
- Reached Curlean City
- battled Misty right away and destroyed her with Razor Leaf/
- battled Gary again.
- Beat Gary
- On my way to see Bill right now

Current playtime: 3 hours on the dot XD

Years
Okay here's my first update.

- Start
- Got Tropius

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 5
Nature: Careful
Item: None
Leer
Gust
-
-

Not the best nature, but I can live with it. Gust should be decent for early game.

RS_May.png
TorchicNormalSprite.gif

- Crit from Torchic's Scratch took 5 HP, so no threat really. Not that I expected her to be.

- Caught 5 Zigzagoons to abuse pickup and trained Tropius in the process
- Tropius learned Growth (Lv7)
- Tropius learned Razor Leaf (Lv11)
- Worked my way through Petalburg Woods and up to Rustboro City
- Beat all available trainers

SpriteRoxanne.png
GeodudeNormalSprite.gif
GeodudeNormalSprite.gif
NosepassNormalSprite.gif

- Razor Leaf was a 2HKO on Nosepass who Roxanne healed a couple of times. Rock Tomb would've been a 3HKO on Tropius, so she was no trouble really.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 16
Leer
Gust
Growth
Razor Leaf

Tropius has been OHKOing almost everything it fights with either Gust or Razor Leaf. It never even occured to me to give it an item to hold.

- Got HM01 and taught it to Zigzagoon
- Trained on Route 116
- Tropius learned Stomp (Lv17)

RS_May.png
LotadNormalSprite.gif
TorchicNormalSprite.gif

- Didn't quite OHKO Torchic, but it wasted it's turn on Focus Energy.

- Gave the letter to Steven
- Tropius learned Steel Wing (TM47)

SpriteBrawly.png
MachopNormalSprite.gif
MedititeNormalSprite.gif
MakuhitaNormalSprite.gif

- Pretty easy. I just spammed Gust until the match was over, although it didn't quite OHKO Machop or Makuhita, so Tropius took a little bit of damage.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 20
Item: Cheri Berry
Stomp
Gust
Steel Wing
Razor Leaf

I gave Tropius a Cheri Berry just because it's better than nothing. I don't know Tropius very well, but Steel Wing might be my only way to deal with Glacia's Glalies.

- Travelled up through Route 109 to 110 and beat all the trainers on the way
- Stopped Tropius from learning Sweet Scent (Lv21)

RS_May.png
WingullNormalSprite.gif
LombreNormalSprite.gif
CombuskenNormalSprite.gif

- Easy. OHKOd all except Combusken, who wasted it's turn on Focus Energy again.

- Beat all available trainers.
- Stopped Tropius from learning Whirlwind (Lv27)

Wally_game.PNG
RaltsNormalSprite.gif

- OHKO'd Ralts with Stomp.

- Tropius learned Magical Leaf (Lv31)
- Tropius learned Rock Smash (HM06)

SpriteWattson.png
VoltorbNormalSprite.gif
ElectrikeNormalSprite.gif
MagnetonNormalSprite.gif
ManectricNormalSprite.gif

- I expected this match to be hard. I had to teach Tropius Rock Smash just so I could hit Magneton for decent damage, although I was only a 4HKO and probably a waste of a move space. I was constantly being paralysed and after a while I gave up on healing it, which led to Tropius almost fainting twice against Manectric. If it wasn't for my Zigzagoons picking up Hyper Potions, I would've lost.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 34
Rock Smash
Gust
Steel Wing
Magical Leaf

I always over-estimate Rock Smash for some reason and unfortunately, I'm stuck with it for a while now.

- Beat all the trainers on Route 111-115
- Gave Tropius the Macho Brace
- Tropius learned Body Slam (Lv37)
- Zigzagoon evolved through doubles matches

MagmaBossMaxie.png
MightyenaNormalSprite.gif
ZubatNormalSprite.gif
CameruptNormalSprite.gif

- After Intimidate from Mightyena, Body Slam was a 3HKO on both Mightyena and Camerupt and a 2HKO on Zubat, which was quite surprising. Sand Attack from Mightyena made Body Slam miss quite a lot and crits from Camerupt's Ember and Zubat's Wing Attack almost made Tropius faint.

SpriteFlannery.png
NumelNormalSprite.gif
SlugmaNormalSprite.gif
CameruptNormalSprite.gif
TorkoalNormalSprite.gif

- Neither Camerupt or Torkoal was OHKOd. In fact Torkoal was 3HKOd by Body Slam. Or rather it would've been if it wasn't for Flannery healing it. I actually lost the first time, since Camerupt used Sunny Day and Torkoal used Overheat for a OHKO, although I stupidly forgot to heal the first time. The second time I set up on Slugma with 6 X-Attacks and continued to OHKO all of Flannery's Pokemon with Body Slam.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 40
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Magical Leaf

I took Macho Brace off of Tropius so that it wouldn't get outsped against Flannery's Pokemon, although with Sunny Day, Chlorophyll and the big level advantage, Tropius probably would've outsped them anyway. Body Slam is a great move for OHKOing almost anything from a normal trainer.

- Trained in the desert.
- Tropius learned Solarbeam (Lv41)
- Got poisoned by a Sandslash with Sand Veil that I couldn't hit and almost fainted

SpriteNorman.png
SpindaNormalSprite.gif
VigorothNormalSprite.gif
LinooneNormalSprite.gif
SlakingNormalSprite.gif

Amazingly, Spinda did the most damage out of all of Norman's Pokemon, although that was down to bad luck with confusion from Teeter Dance. Had a bit more bad luck when Body Slam paralyzed Vigoroth just as it used Facade. Slaking hit hard with Facade, but wasted most of it's turns so it wasn't a big threat.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 43
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Solarbeam

Solarbeam replaced Magical Leaf, because I'm considering a Sunny Day set at the moment. By this point, having Rock Smash on Tropius is getting annoying.

- Beat all trainers on Route 105-109
- Stopped Tropius from learning Synthesis (Lv47)
- Revisited the Trick House
- Went to New Mauville and lost count of the amount of times Tropius was paralysed
- Beat all trainers on Route 118-119

RS_May.png
PelipperNormalSprite.gif
LombreNormalSprite.gif

- Didn't quite OHKO Pelipper or Combusken, but Body Slam paralysed Pelipper and gave me a free turn and Combusken wasted its turn on Bulk Up. Lombre hit with Fake Out, which was the only damage Tropius took.

- Checked Tropius' Hidden Power type (Ice)

SpriteWinona.png
SwabluNormalSprite.gif
PelipperNormalSprite.gif
TropiusNormalSprite.gif
AltariaNormalSprite.gif
SkarmoryNormalSprite.gif

- I expected Winona to be hard, but she was more manageable than I expected. Tropius has nothing to hit Skarmory with, which is why it was my biggest concern, but Body Slam paralysis and Hyper Potions kept it from being a threat. The rest of her team went down pretty easily and dealt almost no damage.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 53
Rock Smash
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Solarbeam

I really, really, really don't want Rock Smash on Tropius any more. It's a completely useless move. I decided to check Tropius Hidden Power type, which was Ice, although I wanted Fire to run a Sunny Day set, so I didn't keep it. Solarbeam needing two turns means I almost never use it, which is annoying because it effectively leaves Tropius without a STAB move.

- Rushed to Lilycove City avoiding all the trainers
- Tropius forgot Rock Smash
- Tropius learned Fly (HM02)
- Went back through Route 120-121 to beat all the trainers
- Went to Mt. Pyre and Tropius fainted to a Wobbuffet Counter, so Linoone had to finish it off, because there was no way I could technically lose
- Tried to faint to a wild Shuppet, which couldn't hit my Zigzagoons and I couldn't run, so I had to wait until it ran out of PP
- Beat all available trainers
- Almost died to a Loudred due to the absolute worst Para-Fusion-Flinch hax ever

RS_May.png
TropiusNormalSprite.gif
PelipperNormalSprite.gif
LudicoloNormalSprite.gif

- Three of her Pokemon are weak to Fly, so this was really easy. I didn't quite OHKO her Pelipper though. Why is it that I can never OHKO Pelippers?

- Went to Team Magma's Hideout
- Released Groudon

MagmaBossMaxie.png
CameruptNormalSprite.gif
CrobatNormalSprite.gif

- His Pokemon took a few hits, but weren't really that threatening.

- Went to Team Aqua's Hideout
- Beat all trainers I could find on the boring water routes
- Revisited the Trick House
- Caught a Tentacool

SpriteTateandLiza.png
XatuNormalSprite.gif
ClaydolNormalSprite.gif
SolrockNormalSprite.gif
LunatoneNormalSprite.gif

- They both constantly targetted my HM slaves, while Tropius was OHKOing everything. Tropius took 1 Psychic from Xatu, which crit'd and still barely did anything.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 68
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Solarbeam
Fly

Apart from running out of PP a few times, this set is working well for OHKOing almost everything. I tested Steel Wing against Liza & Tate's Solrock to see if it'd be enough to OHKO both of Glacia's Glalies, but it crit'd and OHKO'd so I'm not really sure, but I think it should be enough.

- Beat Team Magma at the Mossdeep Space Center

MagmaBossMaxie.png
Tabithasprite.png
CameruptNormalSprite.gif
CrobatNormalSprite.gif
CameruptNormalSprite.gif
GolbatNormalSprite.gif

- Swagger and Scary Face spam from both Mightyena's took Tropius' HP down to about 1/4. Apart from that I don't think Tropius took a hit, because they just kept targetting Steven's Pokemon. Kind of an annoying battle.

- Got Dive and taught it to Tentacool
- Went to Seafloor Cavern

AquaLeaderArchie.png
CrobatNormalSprite.gif
SharpedoNormalSprite.gif

- Crobat's Confuse Ray and Air Cutter took a lot of HP from Tropius, but the other 2 Pokemon were pretty easy.

- Went to Cave of Origin and then to Sky Pillar
- Got Waterfall and taught it to Tentacool

SpriteJuan.png
LuvdiscNormalSprite.gif
SealeoNormalSprite.gif
KingdraNormalSprite.gif
WhiscashNormalSprite.gif
CrawdauntNormalSprite.gif

- Kingdra was hard to take down, due to Double Team and Rest. On top of that it had Ice Beam, which did a lot of damage. Got some para-hax with Body Slam, which was rested off, but eventually fainted it with Solarbeam. The rest were easy OHKOs with Solarbeam.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 71
Body Slam
Steel Wing
Solarbeam
Fly

No change other than the level. Still haven't found an item worth giving to Tropius.

- Went to Victory Road

Wally_game.PNG
AltariaNormalSprite.gif
MagnetonNormalSprite.gif
RoseliaNormalSprite.gif
DelcattyNormalSprite.gif
GardevoirNormalSprite.gif

- Not too hard. OHKO'd a few and 2HKO'd the rest.

- Got through Victory Road with great difficulty
- Grinded Tropius for 1 level and gave it 11 Rare Candies
- Deposited everything except Tropius
- Sold most of my items and got some Full Restores, Full Heals and Hyper Potions
- Made Tropius hold Persim Berry

E_Sidney.png
AbsolNormalSprite.gif
ShiftryNormalSprite.gif
CacturneNormalSprite.gif
CrawdauntNormalSprite.gif

- Easy. OHKOd everything and didn't take a hit. I thought he'd use Swagger so I gave Tropius a Sitrus Berry, but he didn't.

E_Phoebe.png
DusclopsNormalSprite.gif
BanetteNormalSprite.gif
SableyeNormalSprite.gif
BanetteNormalSprite.gif
DusclopsNormalSprite.gif

- Didn't think Tropius could OHKO Dusclops, so I used 2 X-Attacks, while Dusclops used Protect twice. OHKO'd everything with Fly and didn't take a hit again.

E_Glacia.png
SealeoNormalSprite.gif
GlalieNormalSprite.gif
WalreinNormalSprite.gif
SealeoNormalSprite.gif
GlalieNormalSprite.gif

- I ended up not even using Steel Wing, even though I kept it on Tropius throughout the whole run simply for this battle. I predicted Hail on the first turn and used an X-Attack and swept with Body Slam and Fly. I didn't quite OHKO Walrein and was almost OHKO'd back by Ice Beam.

- Healed Tropius with Elixir and Hyper Potions
- Tropius learned Earthquake (TM26)
- Tropius learned Return (TM27)
- Made Tropius hold Cheri Berry

E_Drake.png
ShelgonNormalSprite.gif
FlygonNormalSprite.gif
AltariaNormalSprite.gif
SalamenceNormalSprite.gif
KingdraNormalSprite.gif

- Wow. That was way harder than I expected. Shelgon's Rock Tomb lowered my speed enough to be out-sped by all of Drake's Pokemon. Salamence's Intimidate made it hard to faint and it was constantly nailing Tropius with Rock Slides and Flamethrowers, forcing me to use a few Full Restores. Kingdra's Body Slam paralysed, but was healed by Cheri Berry. Definately the hardest battle in the game.

E-Wallace.png
WailordNormalSprite.gif
MiloticNormalSprite.gif
TentacruelNormalSprite.gif
LudicoloNormalSprite.gif
WhiscashNormalSprite.gif
GyaradosNormalSprite.gif

- Almost fainted to Milotic's Ice Beam, because I forgot to heal before the battle. Quite a few of his Pokemon had Ice Beam, which I thought would do more damage. Overall, not very hard. I managed to OHKO everything.

357-tropius-front.gif

Level: 88
Return
Earthquake
Solarbeam
Fly

Decided to get rid of the rather useless Steel Wing for Earthquake, which I'm sure will help a lot against Steven. Also traded in Body Slam's paralysis for extra power on Return. This set is working quite well, but I still have nothing to hit Steven's Skarmory with.

TropSolo.png

Last edited:
Years
I`ll join I guess, I will start with FireRed with poliwag and evos, I`ll hack him to be my starter.

EchoFire9

Sixth Ranger
Years
More adventures with Kiwi.

-Reached Vermillion City.
-Caught Farfetch'd. Named it CH'DING for obvious reasons.
-Owned the trainers on Route 11.
-Learned Uproar (Lv 39)
-Boarded S.S. Anne.
-Defeated all trainers.
-Beat Rival.
-Got HM01 (Cut).
-Taught Cut to CH'DING.
-Beat Vermillion Gym Trainers.
-Beat Lt. Surge with nothing but OHKOs from Tri Attacks.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Ultimate Solo Challenge Complete!

Finally had time to defeat White with my Dewgong. I got incredibly lucky when I fought Alder's Vanilluxe last. I heal my Dewgong to full health, and then Vanilluxe never attacked. It used Light Screen (or Reflect, can't remember which) then used Acid Armor about 2 or 3 times. I just spammed attacks on it until it fainted, and I escaped with full health. xD
29cqow9.png

So yeah. Finished my Ultimate with Arctic the Dewgong. I plan on doing solos on 1st gen games with all of the original 150. :D

Years
I'd like to sign up for an Emerald Solo challenge with Houndour/Houndoom. Also, just for curiosities sake, if I want to change to ultimate later, is that acceptable? Or do I have to sign up for the one or the other?

The Eagle

I choose Agumon!
Years
Ultimate Solo Run
Blastoise
RED -> CRYSTAL ->
EMERALD -> DIAMOND

KANTO
Spoiler:

JOHTO
Spoiler:

HOENN
Spoiler:

Last edited:

TheBowsinator

Pi Lieker
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 2, 2022
I want to SOLO RUN

I would like to solo run with... Here it comes... MAGIKAR---- Lol JK

I would, no joke, like to solo run with ZigZagoon, No evolving. Is that allowd? No evolving? well, i think it will be a challenge!! Thanks!

O yeah, Game is RUBY

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
At last, I can post all of my RBY solo runs. :D

Progress: 6/151 (4%)
Done: Dewgong, Machamp, Electrode, Rhydon, Beedrill, Magikarp
Next up: Ditto
Final Stats for those which were completed:
Spoiler:

Magikarp was hard, as you can imagine. All I had was Tackle. (I had to momentarily use Bubble for the ghost types, but I never used it besides that.) I loved the challenge though. (I'll post a screenshot to prove that I actually did it. Y'know, once I get time to upload it.)
And then I realized that I had to do Ditto. D:

Last edited:

EchoFire9

Sixth Ranger
Years
-Got told by Aide to go to Route 2
-QUICKLY ran through Diglett's tunnel. Hooray Run Away.
-Apparently, I have to catch at least 10 pokemon to get HM05. Wonderful.
-Feverishly wastes many a great ball.
-Returns to said Aide, and receives said HM05.
-Go to PC. Withdraw Elekid. Teach Flash.
-Back to Cerulean.
-Demolished a wimpy tree. Got into Route 9.
-Found TM40(Aerial Ace). Seems useful.
-Every trainer on this Route (save one) were completely weak to flying types.
-Found Route 10 and Rock Tunnel.
-Saw some Rock Smash rocks. Reminded me that Elekid can learn Rock Smash.
-OMG SPHEAL!! It's so cuuute!!! And Swinub!!!! Awee!!
-Encountered a trainer who was rather fond of Cindi Lauper.
-Fought the WORST Lairon ever. Kiwi needs a Water and/or Fire attack.
-FINALLY learned Drill Peck. Goodbye regular peck. Everything's better with spinning.
-Wooww... This cave is so long..
-FU, Synthesis Bayleef.
-Lavender Town, never before have I been so relieved to see your beautiful features.
-Well, that's all I've got this time. Tune in next time if you wanna be bored some more. XD

dodrio.png

Kiwi: Level 49
-Drill Peck
-Tri Attack
-Pursuit
-Uproar
farfetchd.png

CH'DING: Level 18
-Peck
-Cut
-Leer
-Fury Attack