• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Any one heard of Super Sentai? or Tokusatsu

Have you ever heard of Super Sentai or Tokusatsu?

• I had to google those 2 words upon seeing it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
Heard of Super Sentai, but never watched it. I did watch Power Rangers, until after they did the Power Rangers in Space.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I heard of all those, used to love Ultraman when I was young, still have some of the action figurines somewhere in my house. Kamen Rider is also known as Masked Rider. I believe Super Sentai is Power Rangers right?

I guess I probably know of them because I live in Asia.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I've seen the occasional episode of Power Rangers, but that was quite a while ago. On satur/sunday morning the tv channel always aired some episodes, and sometimes my sis and I watched it. I've seen two episodes of Ultraman, but that by accident. I didn't even known "8" (channel name) aired it. Gotta say it was quite amusing (and I wasn't the only one in the house to think so... and I'm the only one who watches Japanese things).

I knew about Super Sentai, yes. Even before the Dutch magazine Aniway wrote an article about the genre, but that did give me more information about it none the less. Before it was more a term I'd heard somewhere.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I know Power Rangers and Super Sentais, and Ultramens (a bit) as well. Also Chouseishin series, Kamen Riders and Ryukendo (since I watch it a bit). I reminded back then when I watched Dairanger (dubbed as Starranger in my area), Kakuranger (dubbed as Ninjaranger in my area), Ohranger, Carranger, Megaranger and Gingaman. Recently my interest in Super Sentai are Goseigers and Gokaigers.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Obviously. :P

I've been in tokusatsu for quite some time now and I like it even more than I like anime - which can suck at times because there's usually only two or three shows produced each year. (three if GARO or something else happens to have a new season) It's an amusing little fandom to be part of, especially with the intense fansub drama that surrounds it like no other.

I'm really looking forward to Kyoryuger, especially love the music play in the first trailer for it. Though it's a shame that the current show, Go-Busters, was deemed a failure because it was so dark and didn't connect with its target demographic.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm a fan of Toku, especially Kamen Rider! Faiz and Den-O are probably my favourites <3 Though sadly I also tried to get into other stuff like Garo but couldn't! I don't mind Super Sentai either :3 Toku is awesome!

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I've watched a ton of Kamen Rider over the past couple of years, but not much Sentai (although I watched Gokaiger as it was coming out and I really loved it). Lasted maybe seven episodes with Go-Busters and two with Wizard before I just plain fell out of the loop.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
It's got less to do with that and more with that the current series bombed terribly all around in ratings and revenue. The previous dinosaur Sentai are some of the biggest money makers for the franchise, and with Riku Sanjo and Koichi Sakamoto directing, it's almost guaranteed to be a sure fire hit.

(though that was also said about Yasuko Kobayashi and Naomi Takebe injecting Kamen Rider into Super Sentai with Go-Busters)

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Go-Busters was fun until the novelty wore off. The real-time transformations were pretty cool, though. It was a nice break from using the same transformation footage over and over.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
Glad to see that there's alot of toku fans here; and there really running out of themes for super sentai, from the fact that the next one is another dinosaur theme.
Another dinosaur one? I was hoping that the next one would be something completely new, like a knight theme or insect theme.

Back