• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Land of the Maple Leaf ~ Canadian Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
tbh It'd be interesting staying there, although I probably wouldn't because I prefer being warm when I sleep.

Although if I found myself in Montreal, I'd have to make a pitstop at Schwartz's Deli. It's the home of the Montreal smoked meat sandwich.

*adds to bucket list*

You are very correct about that. I lived here for 19 years and I still have yet to find a place that serves the best smoked meat sandwhich other than Schwartz's.

Affordable price, 10$ for the sandwich and fries. (American money will make it less than 10$ lol)
Only bad thing is that, it's crowded because of it's awesome reputation of giving the best smoked meat in Montreal since 1928.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
You can't beat Schwartz's. It's the defacto standard that all smoked meat sandwiches are judged against.

Its like Canada's Katz's Deli

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Sorry I haven't posted for a super long time cause I was sick like a dog and bedridden for days... I guess that Deli doesn't exist outside of Montreal or something? I've never heard of it D: (or maybe I'm just behind since I don't go out for meals enough)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
A poutinerie opened up near my school fairly recently. I keep hearing bad reviews about it though so I haven't checked it out. :(

I see poutine served in a lot of places, though. Most restaurants I've been to lately have it somewhere on their menu and a lot more fast food places are adopting it too since... well, they already serve fries, what's a few more toppings? :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
We don't have a Harvey's here :c We do have a Five Guys and a Fatburger here though.
Not Canadian, but yay Five Guys!

A poutinerie opened up near my school fairly recently. I keep hearing bad reviews about it though so I haven't checked it out. :(

I see poutine served in a lot of places, though. Most restaurants I've been to lately have it somewhere on their menu and a lot more fast food places are adopting it too since... well, they already serve fries, what's a few more toppings? :P
The only poutinerie I've ever been to was Smoke's Poutinerie downotnw. And that was food truck

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
I don't think Harvey has them here... I always relied on New York Fries for Poutine. I only get it at the end of final exams as a reward for myself haha. Otherwise I really try to stay away from it cause it's so bad for you XD;

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I don't think Harvey has them here... I always relied on New York Fries for Poutine. I only get it at the end of final exams as a reward for myself haha. Otherwise I really try to stay away from it cause it's so bad for you XD;
I actually.... don't like poutine all that much. Not a fan of the cheese curds. Prefer just gravy on fries. That was my go-to movie treat until the New York Fries vanished from the theatre. Haven't had that in years

Years
I actually.... don't like poutine all that much. Not a fan of the cheese curds. Prefer just gravy on fries. That was my go-to movie treat until the New York Fries vanished from the theatre. Haven't had that in years
I've had it a few times, but I never really cared for poutine either. But, I guess it doesn't help that Wendy's is the only place around here that has it (the New York Fries here seem to have disappeared).

Also, I was talking to a guy earlier today, and he was in town from Orlando. He came to Vancouver on a business trip, and said he was basically frozen walking around outside today (I think it got to 3 degrees at its coldest). He has to make one more stop before he heads back, and that's in Winnipeg. I personally don't have any problem with cold weather, but for a first-time visitor from a place where it's basically summer year round, I almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Also, I was talking to a guy earlier today, and he was in town from Orlando. He came to Vancouver on a business trip, and said he was basically frozen walking around outside today (I think it got to 3 degrees at its coldest). He has to make one more stop before he heads back, and that's in Winnipeg. I personally don't have any problem with cold weather, but for a first-time visitor from a place where it's basically summer year round, I almost felt sorry for the guy. Almost.
Florida is tropical, so yeah.

California is not though. I don't feel bad for them. They get cold, they just pretend they don't and refuse to admit it. I was just there and now that I'm back home it feels warmer here than it did there

Cherrim

Years
No matter how cold California gets, I bet it still has nothing on Winnipeg. He deserves all your sympathy and a gift basket.

Cherrim

Years
Mm, generally here it doesn't go much higher than 24 degrees in the summer (thank god I'm just far enough away from the Great Lakes. I hate TO's humidity <<). It's usually between 18 and 24, I guess.

In winter... it's about -5, maybe? Super warm, generally speaking. Especially since it's Southern Ontario where there are really only like 10 days of winter total in recent years, haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Usually in summer we get around 21°C to 25°C. In July, it can go past 30°C tho *_*
It gets really humid during summer in montreal.

As for our winter, it ranges about -10°C and -15°C. If there's wind, at night we get arund -20°C. So you won't see a lot of people outside at night here :P

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Right now it is about -11 outside, which is about the average low for January and February. It's been above average most of the time recently. Like, the high today was 2, when the average high should be around -3 or so. That's pretty much winter.

Summer can average highs around 25 to 27 (generally, July). Every so often we'll hit something in the 30s. The low could be between 14 to 18.

Back