• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Time for a- MY GOD ITS COLD!

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
So youve had a hard day out sweating it up and getting dirty. Its the middle of winter and you jump into the shower to find out that you have no hot water.

What do you do? Do you stick it out and have a cold shower or do you throw in the towel and just not have a shower? So seriously, if you dont have any hot water do you end up having a shower or not?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'd use my kettle, heat it up, and mix it with the cold water to take a bath.

This happened to me before when the boiler pressure went low. Had to do that until I figured out how to fix it~ *handiwoman skills*

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't think I've ever been in this situation. I think if I had no hot water, I would take a shower, but I would need to prepare myself for it first - be ready to take a super fast shower, not stand in the water whenever it's unnecessary, and be mentally prepared to be freezing, haha.

Years
This happened to me once. I washed my hair in the sink with cold water because I hadn't bathed since the night before and I really needed to. Since I was living in Japan and had access to public bathing it wasn't so bad because I just did that until the water was fixed, but if this happened to me now I'd probably just tough it out and take the cold shower.

Years
Its the middle of winter and you jump into the shower to find out that you have no hot water.

I had this exact experience except it was in October. But it was winter temperatures and there was a TON of snow. So yes, I have taken cold showers when it's cold. Not fun, especially since there was also very little light. DX

Basically I'll take a shower if I want to take a shower unless it's absolutely, hypothermia-inducing cold. (Or I'll try to XD)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I try to bear with having a cold shower because after having a workout, the last thing that's on my mind is to get in some cold.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
This has happened to me before a couple of times. I just suck it up, jump in, and get out as soon as I can. I absolutely hate cold showers but you gotta do what ya gotta do!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I can't stand a cold shower, even in the middle of winter, or in a heat wave, I can't bare to take a shower with cold water, not too hot either. It has to be at a comfortable level.

In that situation, I'll remain with the stink and use hand sanitizer instead.

I can't stand a cold shower, even in the middle of winter, or in a heat wave, I can't bare to take a shower with cold water, not too hot either. It has to be at a comfortable level.

In that situation, I'll remain with the stink and use hand sanitizer instead.

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I had to do this several times before cause my old house SUCKED.

But really it's not bad if you keep moving and make it fast.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I get out. I don't think I've ever had a less than warm shower by my own free will. Cold showers are just not in the cards for me.

If you didn't put me in that situation, I probably wouldn't have taken a shower anyway. I don't shower after coming home from work, anyway, which is pretty much what you described since I work in a warehouse without air conditioning. Just saying.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Mnn .. it'd wait and see if the water will heat up. But if I'm in a place where it's not going to and I really need to take a shower I'll suck it up and take a quick one. This has happened to be on several occasions but each times doesn't make it any easier.

That is unless I take a shower willingly.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
i just hate hot showers my mom forces me to have hot showers sometimes even though it is never winter at my place :P :P
so.. i'll take a cold shower

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've never been in this situation either, I have to say. I don't think I could handle a completely cold shower (I'm a bit of a pussy) so I'd either just not take a shower or I'd call a friend and say "Hey, this is a bit of a weird request, but... would you mind if I came and took a shower at your place?"

Then I'd call the water people and scream them down.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I can't run out of hot water (I don't know why but ask my mum)
I'd probably tough it out, though, and then complain about it for the rest of the day

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I take cold showers a lot anyway so yeah, this wouldn't really be much of an issue for me xD

Wateria

The cute team Aqua member
Years
I love taking cold showers I take them all the time. so it be no problem if the hot water ran out.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Oh dear lord, this is gonna be me soon. My houses' boiler needs fixing, so every now and then, the water isn't as hot as I'd want it to be. Seeing as I always shower in the morning, I rely on that to wake me up. If there's no hot water, I do one of two things. Either I just wet my hair and face, or if I'm really lazy, just not shower at all. Once or twice, I'll suck it up though, say, if I was gonna be meeting up with a girl.

Back