• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: The 24 Hour ROM Hacking Charity Stream (August 4th 2012 12PM PST)

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
I'm glad I got to here about this! I love watching live streams, and I've always wanted someone to play and hack ROMs. I wish I could help by being a guest, although I'm not much of a talker when either playing or hacking, so I doubt I'd be interesting. I can't wait to watch!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I had just heard about this, and I'm actually feeling well, so I will definately be watching the stream tomorrow, or I might possibly join also, but still unconfirmed, but I will let you know beforehand. :D

EDIT: I can join the stream since it is 8pm my time. :D

Last edited:

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
The stream was a success! We raised $735 for Child's Play Charity!

Even though I'm not the best commentator, and I didn't get to actually hack games as much as I wanted to, I still had fun. Thanks to everybody who took the time to check us out, those who helped liven things up in Skype, those who helped spread the word and those who donated! I hope you had fun!

Next time I do a charity stream it wont be for 24 hours. It'll be shorter and more organized. Hopefully it'll be more collaborative too, where lots of ROM hackers can show off their skills!

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
It was so much fun to be on, we talked about everything, from accents, to anime, to video games. I am so glad I was able to be on, as long as I was.

(Even if I had no sleep)

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
Well, I really enjoyed every minute of the stream, and like NarutoActor said, we talked about a lot. Heh, this was my first ever time on a Stream, and I was really nervous at the same time.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Woah, I should of streamed with you guys!!
(I presume it's over?) I would of but this was on my birthday.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
I enjoyed listening to the stream, and I was made to feel very welcome for the short time I was in the chat section. :)

Even though I'm not personally comfortably enough to actually be a part of the stream, I hope I can actually donate some money on any new stream. Bad timing, really, stream happened to take place during a month where I'm struggling financially. Ah well.

Back