• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

what your favorite protagonist in pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Male Protagonists:
RED (for the obvious reasons)

Nate (looks abit like Tai from Digimon, the first anime character I really liked)

Ethan (he looks so cool)

Female Protagonists:
Leaf (just amazing and I really like Blue from the Manga)

Sapphire (awesome in the Manga compared to May, who I found to be abit whiny and annoying in the Anime)

Iris (League Champion, need I say more)

None of them. The PCs are nothing more than our inserts into the Pokemon world.

To me, the true stars of the pokemon franchise, are and always will be, the pokemon themselves.

I sometimes wonder why the protagonists get such fan followings, they don't really have personalities of their own, as they are supposed to represent the player as I already mentioned. If anything I would like to customize my own protagonist. Maybe in gen 6 I will get my wish..

Those sentiments are specific to the games but the OP said "in Pokemon" which would extend to other media such as the Manga and the Anime where, for the most part, those game avatars are given personalities and take on a life of their own.

Last edited:

Gary0ak

TPP ROM Hacker
Years
I guess everyone likes Red
I will go with Red too for being a good rival, however, I will never forgive him for killing my Raticate >:C

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2013
Those sentiments are specific to the games but the OP said "in Pokemon" which would extend to other media such as the Manga and the Anime where, for the most part, those game avatars are given personalities and take on a life of their own.

Well the OP didn't specify and as far as the anime goes it isn't considered canon by Gamefreak. I don't really read the manga and I don't think the manga is canon either, which is why when someone says something as general as "in pokémon" i take it to mean the games.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Whoa was this thread revived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back