• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really NEWBIE question about booster packs...

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
So, we picked up six B&W Boundaries Crossed booster packs and my son was very excited to get a second Blastiose (reverse holo this time), so at least his day was made... but what we got was about dozen or so Pokemon that we can not use because we do not have the right energy. None of the booster packs had any energy in them, do you have to buy that separately?

I looked on Toad and Troll but they only list energy cards one at a time, not a pack.

Years
The Boundaries Crossed set doesn't actually have any energy in the packs. Right now, until the Plasma Storm set comes out next month, the only way to get high quantities of energy is to buy a theme deck with the energy type(s) you want for a deck, or to buy them in lots off of eBay or Amazon. For Basic Energy (any energy without an effect), it can be from any set and still be tournament legal. They're usually pretty cheap.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
That seems like an odd decision on their part. Seems like they could sell packs of 10 of each energy type as revenue stream. But okay, that is what we will do then when we have enough Pokemon in a different energy type to make it worth while.

Thanks!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Try asking your local card store if they sell packs of energy cards. I know mines sells packs of individual energy cards for like 5 cents for each pack of 10.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2013
Try asking your local card store if they sell packs of energy cards. I know mines sells packs of individual energy cards for like 5 cents for each pack of 10.

Live in to small of a town of that. The only card store I have found ONLY carries MTG. :(

Years
That seems like an odd decision on their part. Seems like they could sell packs of 10 of each energy type as revenue stream. But okay, that is what we will do then when we have enough Pokemon in a different energy type to make it worth while.

Thanks!

There will be Elite Trainer Boxes coming in February, just so you're aware. This news post on Facebook shows what they look like and what all they will contain: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....124855320866147.17029.109517762399903&type=1

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
I would agree that theme decks are the best way to get energy OR go to a local Pokemon TCG event and ask the TO if they have any energy cards for sale. Usually they have plenty of energy cards for sneak peaks and may have some spare lying around or at their local collection. Trading for energy cards can be done too, by using various trading forums etc.
If you're looking for HOLOFOIL energy cards, then you can check ebay for them or larger scale Pokemon events.
That collection box looks really cool. I'll probably get one if the price is reasonable here in the UK.

Back