• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

3rd Gen Advance Generation Question & Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
If it will help you out any, here's a picture of mine for you to compare it too:

Spoiler:

Sorry if the image is too big >.<

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
i am not that kind of person to spam people but i do know that i originaly purchased the game from game stop a few years ago and liked the game ever since

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2013
Pokemon Emerald Won't Load Passed Initial Gba Screen

is there a way to fix this from it not loading? it isnt one of those fake gba games.

and am i on the wrong forum? if the mods want to move me thats ok with me thanks for helping-nick

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Take it out and blow into the cartridge maybe? It's hard to determine a problem since there's not much info here. Are you absolutely sure the game isn't fake? There was an instance in another thread where the user said their games weren't fake, and upon further research, they turned out to be. There's a post in the FAQ in Advance Generation Gaming where you can read about identifying fake GBA cartridges.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If you say so. Anyway, like I said, blow into the cartridge NES style, put it in your system securely and snug, and boot it up again. I can't think of why it's not working.

You didn't happen to leave it in a pocket that recently went through the washing machine, did you? I know that tends to damage games.

edit: Before I leave for class, I also want to add in that you might should clean it. Take a q-tip and put a little all-purpose cleaner on it. Not too much, though. And then gently swab the inside of the cartridge and see if that helps. I know that works for NES games (gee, that keeps getting brought up a lot, doesn't it?) so I assume it will work for a handheld Nintendo game.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Gonna move this into Advance Gen so Syd can merge it into the proper thread. :3

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2013
Training tips?

My current team is:

Kabutops: Lv43
Graveler: Lv44
Raichu: Lv44
Charizard:Lv43
Vaporeon:Lv49
Haunter: Lv43

Where would you recommend that I train for the Elite 4? It's my first time round and the reason my Graveler and Haunter aren't evolved is because I'm on an emulator.

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
stars

Hey, I'm Luke. I'm new on this site and I wonder if you can help me with obtaining all stars on pkmn trainer card in pokemon fire red and leaf green versions?
I know about requirements but I can't get through this one: Jump 200 times in Pokémon Jump and get 200 Berries in Dodrio Berry Picking
you need 3 players to get through and gba wireless adapter only allows 2 at the same time on one computer.
Can someone help me?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My current team is:

Kabutops: Lv43
Graveler: Lv44
Raichu: Lv44
Charizard:Lv43
Vaporeon:Lv49
Haunter: Lv43

Where would you recommend that I train for the Elite 4? It's my first time round and the reason my Graveler and Haunter aren't evolved is because I'm on an emulator.

I always found the trainers in the water above the hots springs on one island with the Seeking to be good exp. Also the route between Lavender Town and Saffron City has lots of trainers.

tnfsf11

I've caught like 5 krabbys now and none of them have a good nature, is it because of the old rod? and what should I do to get a good nature krabby?
OR would you recommend me a better water type?

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I've caught like 5 krabbys now and none of them have a good nature, is it because of the old rod? and what should I do to get a good nature krabby?
OR would you recommend me a better water type?

Nah, the rod has nothing to do with nature, you're just unlucky.

I would, Kingler aren't very good in that game. Better water types include Starmie (if LG), Lapras, Vaporeon and Tentacruel.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Hi, I'm contemplating doing a Dragon run through of my Leaf Green and I need help with my team:

006.gif
149.gif

130.gif
142.gif

034.gif

Can anyone suggest a sixth member and give me some ideas for potential movesets?

I would really appreciate it. Thank you. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Try asking in in-game team help, a subforum in Battle Center. However, you need to at least try to make some potential movesets. It's kind of rude to make others do the work. And then once you've done that, people can help you revise them if they need it.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Try asking in in-game team help, a subforum in Battle Center. However, you need to at least try to make some potential movesets. It's kind of rude to make others do the work. And then once you've done that, people can help you revise them if they need it.
\

Okay, I can do that. Just one question though. Do I repost it there altogether with the additions or do you move it there and I edit it?

Nevermind my last couple of comments. I'll just repost it there with everything. Thank You. :)

Last edited:

Knoa

Not sure how to say it either.
Years
SR (Soft Reset) Shiny Starter?

So Ive recently stumbled upon Soft Resetting and the whole Shiny Mudkips topic. And I went head first into this thinking it would be easy... ;~;​

506540864068 SR's later... here I am.​

So I just wanted to get your guy's five cents on how to do this properly or anything you might know about it. What I do know is that you start a new save and get to the part of the story where the Birch is being attacked by a Zigzagoon. Save in front of the bag and continuely SR until you opne the bag and choose a starter, then battling and seeing if its a shiny.​

What I dont know or would like to ask you guys is...​

Whats this buisness with the number "3" in the Pokemon ID?
Can you tell if its shiny by looking at the sprite or do you have to go into battle?
Average amount of resets before starting a new save?
Doe timing matter?​

And by the way, I am using a EMERALD game, and as far as I'm aware, nothing is wrong with it.​

Thanks before hand for any advice. :D
Is it spelled shiney?... ;~;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
1. I know nothing about the numbers.
2. You have to go into battle.
3. idk
4. I've heard it doesn't.
5. Shiny without an e.
6. I'm merging this with the Q&A. :)

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
It's tricky but not impossible, what I do is level Tyrogue up to 19 and save. Then give it enough Protein/Iron to balance the stats, level it up, and hope for the best :p If it doesn't evolve into Hitmontop, reset and give it either more Protein or Iron (whichever it needs more of).

It also helps if you have a nature that is either neutral or doesn't affect either of those stats if it's not going to be a competitive Hitmontop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back