• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Birthday Thunder

Venus (Event Archivist)
Years
I'm not even going to lie here, if that really is fennekin's final form, I will die. I love the way that thing looks so very much. If it is fake, I applaud the artist because that looks incredibly real to me. Almost like the artist for pokemon made that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Someone on Pokejungle said that that image was posted on dA some time ago. So I think they've confirmed its fake.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not necessarily. Blastoise had a shell and it wasn't part Steel :x

Years
I really like all of them but Fennekin is amazing, I like him soo much, I hope gf doesn't ruin him with the evolutions.

Years
they look pretty cool i guess but i really dont like how they made the water type this time and i dont really like grass that much so i guess i have to choose fire this time but maybe i can get grass to if i buy both x and y

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Based on the description and the fact that Chespin learns Rollout, I'm starting to think Chespin's final evo might be a hard hitting, bulky, heavily armored Pokemon that's part Rock. Maybe with the following stats:

HP - Average
Atk - Above Average
Def - Above Average
Sp. Atk - Average
Sp. Def - Average
Speed - Below Average

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2013
I'm really hoping for Grass/Rock on Chespin. I can see it being almost like a knight, with maybe big shoulders, long claws, and a tail with a ball with spikes. Keeping the hat though, with a horn.

As for Fennekin, I think it should be very feminine. Fire/Psychic would be best IMO. Hey, if Chespin is going to be knight like, why not make a "royal" theme with the starters? Anyway, I'm hoping that the fire hair comes out of it's ears and makes a necklace with a orb on it. With red markings on it's legs and two tails dipped with red. Keeping the tan coloring of the body.

This may suprise people, but I'm really, really, hoping for Water/Dragon on Froakie. It could be a king with fin like dragon things on it's head making a crown (Think of Dragonite's Wings, but smaller I guess). Then, a moustache with Dragon Whiskers, like Magikarp kind of. Huge cloud as as a tail (think Whimsicott maybe?), along with clouds around it's wrists. Can learn fly and floats on clouds. Has sharp edges on arms, a bit like Gabite, but thinner with two on each.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not necessarily. Blastoise had a shell and it wasn't part Steel :x

Steel type didn't exist then though. They coulda made him Steel in Gen 2, but I guess they didn't want to touch the starters since Magnemite fit better and was lesser used.

they look pretty cool i guess but i really dont like how they made the water type this time and i dont really like grass that much so i guess i have to choose fire this time but maybe i can get grass to if i buy both x and y

Remember, we have a current tradition of them being Fire/Fighting. Froakie and Chespin are both looking incredibly awesome...I almost have to change my water only policy for Chespin.

Based on the description and the fact that Chespin learns Rollout, I'm starting to think Chespin's final evo might be a hard hitting, bulky, heavily armored Pokemon that's part Rock. Maybe with the following stats:

HP - Average
Atk - Above Average
Def - Above Average
Sp. Atk - Average
Sp. Def - Average
Speed - Below Average

OMGOMGOMG Rollout?! Good chance Chespin evolves into Grass/Rock then! OMG YAY! I almost want to pick it over Froakie now just cause Grass/Rock is freakin beast since it loses weakness to the other two!

Guy

just a guy
Years
Remember, we have a current tradition of them being Fire/Fighting.
I'm not saying the possibility isn't there, but I really have a strong doubt that GameFreak will go the Fire/Fighting type route again, especially with Fennekin.

The more I learn about the starters though and their possibilities of secondary types, the more I like them. The idea of Chespin being Grass/Rock? Thats awesome! They've already given off a better impression that the starters from the last generation in my opinion. The same goes for the rest of Pokémon revealed recently too.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I'm not saying the possibility isn't there, but I really have a strong doubt that GameFreak will go the Fire/Fighting type route again, especially with Fennekin.

The more I learn about the starters though and their possibilities of secondary types, the more I like them. The idea of Chespin being Grass/Rock? Thats awesome! They've already given off a better impression that the starters from the last generation in my opinion. The same goes for the rest of Pokémon revealed recently too.

I'm on the other spectrum...I'm expecting Gamefreak to do Fire/Fighting again since its the better type combination used so far and don't see any reason to change that up now. People can complain all they want, but Fire/Fighting isn't a broken type combination in a good or bad way. Its pretty balanced.

We also didn't think Tepig could be Fire/Fighting but it was. So as far as expectations

Chespin Evo Grass/Rock
Fennekin Evo Fire/Fighting
Froakie Evo Water/Electric OR Water/Flying

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
I'm on the other spectrum...I'm expecting Gamefreak to do Fire/Fighting again since its the better type combination used so far and don't see any reason to change that up now. People can complain all they want, but Fire/Fighting isn't a broken type combination in a good or bad way. Its pretty balanced.

We also didn't think Tepig could be Fire/Fighting but it was. So as far as expectations

Chespin Evo Grass/Rock

It's not broken but it's pretty dumb if you ask me; they could at least try working with other combinations and/or instead give a Water/Grass starter Fighting for once. If they're going that route again I'd rather they just give all of the starters Fighting type as the secondary.

Years
I feel like this time one between frokie and chespin is going to become part fighting, while fennekin is going to be part psychic, that would be awesome :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years

Chespin Evo Grass/Rock

Don't get me wrong, i love the Fire/Fighting type combo, it would just be extremely uncreative of GameFreak to have yet another Fire starter that will eventually have Fighting as his second type.
I love fire starters, and i really hope Fennekin to be something more original that what we have seen for the last 3 Generations. All the other combos you are speculating i can see happening as well, although i think Water/Flying is more likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back