• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash Determination (Ash/Satoshi Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Shadow 6

Friends Till The End
Years
Here is a new topic: What is the reason that Ash need to choose Pikachu Why didn't he get the chance to Choose Kanto starters and Pikachu isn't a starter Pokemon.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
CLUB HAS BEEN UPDATED :

NEW PIKACHU ATM BANK WHERE YOU CAN SEE THE PROGRESS OF YOUR GAINING AP

025.gif
PIKACHU ATM BANK
025.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club news :

TrainerMusaddiq got 500 For new topic he correctly has 710 AP

Topic Answer :

As everyone knew Ash is also called as Mr.Late he always Wake up Late maybe in 11 or 12 noon at day so that time also that late thing happen he was sleeping in his Bad so Gary Already went to Prof. oak and take the Evee so the other starter were taken by other so with his bad luck he got Pikachu but later his Bad Luck Pikachu Become his Favorite, Strongest, Luckiest Pokemon. its all because of the all Love Ash give to Pikachu nothing else

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
Is it to late to sign up~?

If not

1) Your partner Pokemon: Vulpix~
2)Your favorite Ash's pokemon: Gliscor or Snivy.
3)The best Pokemon of Ash: Pikachu~ (well I think so anyway)
4) Answer a topic (Why Ash love Pikachu the most what you think ?) I think they share a special bond with each other because they know each other so well ^^ honestly I think it goes both ways~

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Is it to late to sign up~?

If not

1) Your partner Pokemon: Vulpix~
2)Your favorite Ash's pokemon: Gliscor or Snivy.
3)The best Pokemon of Ash: Pikachu~ (well I think so anyway)
4) Answer a topic (Why Ash love Pikachu the most what you think ?) I think they share a special bond with each other because they know each other so well ^^ honestly I think it goes both ways~

Yeah the signing up is able until the Club (THREAD) Has been closed you are always welcome

great thanks for joining your the new member now :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Topic Answer :

As everyone knew Ash is also called as Mr.Late he always Wake up Late maybe in 11 or 12 noon at day so that time also that late thing happen he was sleeping in his Bad so Gary Already went to Prof. oak and take the Evee so the other starter were taken by other so with his bad luck he got Pikachu but later his Bad Luck Pikachu Become his Favorite, Strongest, Luckiest Pokemon. its all because of the all Love Ash give to Pikachu nothing else
I've never heard of Ash referred to as Mr. Late, and neither do I recall any instance apart from in the first episode, where Ash has been late to something due to oversleeping? :o I would love to see some examples. But what I mainly wanted to point out is, that Gary's first Pokemon wasn't an Eevee. In fact, if I remember correctly, his first Pokemon was actually a Squirtle, which is probably why Charizard became the Pokemon Ash mainly used out of the starters. I reckon you may be thinking of Yellow version, where your rival gets Eevee, or else I might be completely off? ;p I think Gary does get an Eevee at one point though, so you may not be completely off.

Oh, and if you want me to sign-up to reply, just say so. The main reason I'm not signing up, is because I'm not really a fan of Ash, although that doesn't mean I don't want to discuss him :p

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
huh sorry i got confused between the Yellow and Anime cause it has been a really long time since i watched anime season 1 And yeah it will be great if you join :) And the Mr.Late i wasn't serious about it. just joking about it ohh my whole post get wrong though :)

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Topic: What is the reason that Ash needed to choose Pikachu, Why didn't he get the chance to Choose one of the Kanto starters and Pikachu isn't even a starter Pokemon.

Topic Answer: Ash needed to choose Pikachu because Prof. Oak convinced him and like what we saw in the first episode Ash was late so he didn't get Squirtle,Charmander or Bulbasaur. (By the way I wonder who were those kids who got Squirtle,Charmander and Bulbasaur maybe it's a mystery right?)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Topic: What is the reason that Ash needed to choose Pikachu, Why didn't he get the chance to Choose one of the Kanto starters and Pikachu isn't even a starter Pokemon.

Topic Answer: Ash needed to choose Pikachu because Prof. Oak convinced him and like what we saw in the first episode Ash was late so he didn't get Squirtle,Charmander or Bulbasaur. (By the way I wonder who were those kids who got Squirtle,Charmander and Bulbasaur maybe it's a mystery right?)

Now my all confused problem has been solved now here is a over view of my from the whole season -

as you know Ash Ketchum has been 10 years old in the season as the plot and is able to start on a new journey as a Pokémon trainer. The night before Ash has to go meet Prof. Oak he has a dream and breaks his alarm. The next day he oversleeps, which causes him to miss his chance at getting one of the three Kanto starter Pokémon: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. However, Professor Oak has one last Pokémon at his lab, a Pikachu. At first Pikachu does not get along with Ash, but over the course of the season Ash gains Pikachu's trust and they become best friends, developing a special bond. On the way Ash meets Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader who loves water Pokémon and wants to join him until he pays her for her bike which was accidentally destroyed by Pikachu, and Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader who wants to join Ash on his journey so he can become the greatest Pokémon breeder. Ash catches and makes friends with many Pokémon, which sets him up for a great adventure. However, through his journey he has to deal with the Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth, and his childhood rival, Gary Oak, Prof. Oak's grandson, who also is a Pokémon Trainer and always seems two steps ahead of Ash. After obtaining all 8 Kanto Gym Badges needed to compete in the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau, Ash reaches the top 16, losing out to a close friend, Ritchie.

And this is what happen in episode 1 -

Ash wakes up late on the day he is supposed to receive his first Pokémon at Professor Oak's lab, however, and arrives to discover all the Pokémon are gone. Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside its Poké Ball, so Ash must drag it along with a rope. After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and the entire flock starts chasing Ash and Pikachu. They run away from the Spearow, but when they cannot go any farther, Ask uses his body to shield Pikachu from the attacking Pokémon. Pikachu realizes how much Ash cares for him and uses a powerful electric attack to drive the Spearow away. Note: The previously unknown Pokémon Ho-Oh is seen towards the end of the episode.

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
Now my all confused problem has been solved now here is a over view of my from the whole season -

as you know Ash Ketchum has been 10 years old in the season as the plot and is able to start on a new journey as a Pokémon trainer. The night before Ash has to go meet Prof. Oak he has a dream and breaks his alarm. The next day he oversleeps, which causes him to miss his chance at getting one of the three Kanto starter Pokémon: Charmander, Bulbasaur or Squirtle. However, Professor Oak has one last Pokémon at his lab, a Pikachu. At first Pikachu does not get along with Ash, but over the course of the season Ash gains Pikachu's trust and they become best friends, developing a special bond. On the way Ash meets Misty, the Cerulean City Gym Leader who loves water Pokémon and wants to join him until he pays her for her bike which was accidentally destroyed by Pikachu, and Brock, the Pewter City Gym Leader who wants to join Ash on his journey so he can become the greatest Pokémon breeder. Ash catches and makes friends with many Pokémon, which sets him up for a great adventure. However, through his journey he has to deal with the Team Rocket trio of Jessie, James, and Meowth, and his childhood rival, Gary Oak, Prof. Oak's grandson, who also is a Pokémon Trainer and always seems two steps ahead of Ash. After obtaining all 8 Kanto Gym Badges needed to compete in the Pokémon League at Indigo Plateau, Ash reaches the top 16, losing out to a close friend, Ritchie.

And this is what happen in episode 1 -

Ash wakes up late on the day he is supposed to receive his first Pokémon at Professor Oak's lab, however, and arrives to discover all the Pokémon are gone. Ash has no choice but to take a naughty Pikachu. Pikachu won't listen or go inside its Poké Ball, so Ash must drag it along with a rope. After many failed attempts at capturing some Pokémon, Ash throws a rock and hits a Spearow. The Spearow gets angry and the entire flock starts chasing Ash and Pikachu. They run away from the Spearow, but when they cannot go any farther, Ask uses his body to shield Pikachu from the attacking Pokémon. Pikachu realizes how much Ash cares for him and uses a powerful electric attack to drive the Spearow away. Note: The previously unknown Pokémon Ho-Oh is seen towards the end of the episode.

Yes you are right about what you said and I noticed that there were a few Grammar and spelling mistakes but I don't care the only thing is your confusion is now gone. :chu:

Olli

Years
Alright, so. Ash has gotten a lot of mixed views over the years from a lot of different people, mainly for the fact that his skill level keeps going all around the place, and it kinda made me think. In which moments have you been the most proud of Ash, and in which moments have you been the most disappointed in him? In this I'm referring entirely to battle achievements, like which of the victories he's achieved do you think is the most well-deserving or redeeming of his character, seeing as he often makes entirely unnecessary flops when it comes to certain battles, and which battles do you think he really should have won? :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
Alright, so. Ash has gotten a lot of mixed views over the years from a lot of different people, mainly for the fact that his skill level keeps going all around the place, and it kinda made me think. In which moments have you been the most proud of Ash, and in which moments have you been the most disappointed in him? In this I'm referring entirely to battle achievements, like which of the victories he's achieved do you think is the most well-deserving or redeeming of his character, seeing as he often makes entirely unnecessary flops when it comes to certain battles, and which battles do you think he really should have won? :)

Well, i don't really have exact moments, but I'm proud whenever he manages to beat his rival ^^ The disappointment is mostly from the first battles in a new region ^^;

Olli

Years
Well, i don't really have exact moments, but I'm proud whenever he manages to beat his rival ^^ The disappointment is mostly from the first battles in a new region ^^;
I can definitely agree with you one both :) Although I feel like it's become kind of a cliché in the anime, where he always struggles with the rival in the beginning of the region, and then gradually grows to be more capable in the battles against whoever the rival is, as he gets further around in the regions. I don't know if it's just me, but I would actually like to see the roles reversed at one point. I mean, his rivals are usually completely new trainers. He's a veteran who's been travelling around 5 regions now, and made it into at least the top 16 of every league he's participated in, why isn't he the one who completely dominates each battle he has with his rivals :p But yeah, I would just love to see more growth and character development in his rivals at some point, so it feels more... logical I guess xD But with the current flow of the character development, I reckon some of my proudest moments comes from whenever he beats his rival as well.

My two most proud moments would however be when he beat both the Orange Islands league, as well as the Battle Frontier. His battle against Drake was one of the more enjoyable in my opinion, and I definitely loved the final showdown against his Dragonite. And as for the Battle Frontier, it's pretty much self-explanatory. I mean, I never beat it, so seeing Ash beat it was surprisingly satisfying :p

And with my most disappointed moments, it's pretty much the same as yours, as well as with probably the rest of all who watches the anime. I already explained it earlier, but he just shouldn't be the one losing. I mean, even if Pikachu lost its Electric powers in the battle against Trip, it still has Quick Attack, Iron Tail and whatever else it might have, it should be capable of taking on a mere Snivy hnggg. I'm also pretty disappointed each time he asks about something extremely obvious related to moves, or whenever he can't tell the type of an obvious Pokemon, just by looking at it. I don't have any specific examples of the former, but it's happened often, and especially whenever he forgets the type chart, and as for the latter, I'm pretty sure he got all the typings wrong on the Unova starters :p

So yeah, lots to be disappointed and proud of with him, so I reckon he's a pretty balanced character after all ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
I can definitely agree with you one both :) Although I feel like it's become kind of a cliché in the anime, where he always struggles with the rival in the beginning of the region, and then gradually grows to be more capable in the battles against whoever the rival is, as he gets further around in the regions. I don't know if it's just me, but I would actually like to see the roles reversed at one point. I mean, his rivals are usually completely new trainers. He's a veteran who's been travelling around 5 regions now, and made it into at least the top 16 of every league he's participated in, why isn't he the one who completely dominates each battle he has with his rivals :p But yeah, I would just love to see more growth and character development in his rivals at some point, so it feels more... logical I guess xD But with the current flow of the character development, I reckon some of my proudest moments comes from whenever he beats his rival as well.

My two most proud moments would however be when he beat both the Orange Islands league, as well as the Battle Frontier. His battle against Drake was one of the more enjoyable in my opinion, and I definitely loved the final showdown against his Dragonite. And as for the Battle Frontier, it's pretty much self-explanatory. I mean, I never beat it, so seeing Ash beat it was surprisingly satisfying :p

And with my most disappointed moments, it's pretty much the same as yours, as well as with probably the rest of all who watches the anime. I already explained it earlier, but he just shouldn't be the one losing. I mean, even if Pikachu lost its Electric powers in the battle against Trip, it still has Quick Attack, Iron Tail and whatever else it might have, it should be capable of taking on a mere Snivy hnggg. I'm also pretty disappointed each time he asks about something extremely obvious related to moves, or whenever he can't tell the type of an obvious Pokemon, just by looking at it. I don't have any specific examples of the former, but it's happened often, and especially whenever he forgets the type chart, and as for the latter, I'm pretty sure he got all the typings wrong on the Unova starters :p

So yeah, lots to be disappointed and proud of with him, so I reckon he's a pretty balanced character after all ;)

I think he once called a Treeko a water type~
Though if we don't mention battling... Didn't he use the pokedex on Roxie's Koffin? DID HE FIRGET WHAT A FLIPPING KOFFIN IS. Well least he isn't over powered or something like that, if he was at the same level as before when entering a new region, we wouldn't be able to see his and he's pokemon growth~

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Ash's Disappointing Moments ? Am... well I got too disappoint with Ash when he can't evolve his most of Pokemon...

Like Totodile, Owshowot, Snivy and many more, But if you noticed Ash most of Flying type Pokemon evolve to their last form. Like Starly, Pidgeot etc.. Anyway and i also hate when he lose to someone or he got beaten either by a Trainer or by a Pokemon. Like Ducklett played with Ash's head and Ash can't do it. But he able to gain it again with the help of Pikachu and Sandile. And he didn't obtained most of his gym badge by defeating the Gym Leader instead he obtain badges by saving the Pokemon or stopping the plan of Team rocket.

And i Like him cause he do every thing he can for his Pokemon, he sometime take a high risk of his own life to save his Pokemon. like he saved Pikachu from Breedrils and there are many thing like that has been happen. but I always respect him cause of his Bravery and courage. But if the directors and writer show Ash a Pokemon master, or anyone can't beat his Pokemon. or something like that. But he didn't even know about many thing about Pokemon, Like he got confused with the types of Pokemon. And he didn't even faced Roar until black & white in his life. I get to angry when fighting with Linora (The 3rd or 2nd gym leader in Black & white) he said that it was the first time he was Facing the move roar. isn't it foolish ? After travelling more then 3 region he didn't even faced roar. But he always shown up as a Good Pokemon lover.

Olli

Years
I think he once called a Treeko a water type~
Though if we don't mention battling... Didn't he use the pokedex on Roxie's Koffin? DID HE FIRGET WHAT A FLIPPING KOFFIN IS. Well least he isn't over powered or something like that, if he was at the same level as before when entering a new region, we wouldn't be able to see his and he's pokemon growth~
Yeah, that kinda seems to be a common theme with Ash, where he has to check the Pokedex entry of a Pokemon, despite having seen it before :p It seems as though they've toned it down a bit over the years. And yeah, I have no problem with him replacing his team each region, considering how easy he'd be able to plow through it otherwise, but Pikachu shouldn't keep going back to its weak stage again, that makes no sense at all :p But again, probably for the purpose of the story, since otherwise, Pikachu would probably be able to win most of its battles.

Ash's Disappointing Moments ? Am... well I got too disappoint with Ash when he can't evolve his most of Pokemon...

Like Totodile, Owshowot, Snivy and many more, But if you noticed Ash most of Flying type Pokemon evolve to their last form. Like Starly, Pidgeot etc.. Anyway and i also hate when he lose to someone or he got beaten either by a Trainer or by a Pokemon. Like Ducklett played with Ash's head and Ash can't do it. But he able to gain it again with the help of Pikachu and Sandile. And he didn't obtained most of his gym badge by defeating the Gym Leader instead he obtain badges by saving the Pokemon or stopping the plan of Team rocket.

And i Like him cause he do every thing he can for his Pokemon, he sometime take a high risk of his own life to save his Pokemon. like he saved Pikachu from Breedrils and there are many thing like that has been happen. but I always respect him cause of his Bravery and courage. But if the directors and writer show Ash a Pokemon master, or anyone can't beat his Pokemon. or something like that. But he didn't even know about many thing about Pokemon, Like he got confused with the types of Pokemon. And he didn't even faced Roar until black & white in his life. I get to angry when fighting with Linora (The 3rd or 2nd gym leader in Black & white) he said that it was the first time he was Facing the move roar. isn't it foolish ? After travelling more then 3 region he didn't even faced roar. But he always shown up as a Good Pokemon lover.
I'm not quite sure how I feel about Ash not evolving his Pokemon. I mean, there are certain Pokemon I'd love to see evolve, but it's just... whenever his Pokemon evolve, they often seem to change personalities as well, with the biggest example of this being Charizard. One of the few that didn't seem to was Gliscor, since it still kept its rather ditsy personality, but it definitely stopped being a scaredy cat at that point. And basically, a lot of grow to love the personalitites of Pokemon like Oshawott, Bulbasaur, etc., and some of them just have personalities that wouldn't really fit their second or third stage, so I can understand why the writers wouldn't make them evolve. Some of his Pokemon also don't want to evolve, two being Pikachu and Bulbasaur, and I guess he just respects them in those cases.

I definitely agree with you on the lengths he go to to protect his Pokemon and show how much he cares for them, and it's one of his most redeeming characteristics in my opinion. I mean, it's a bit cliché, but it especially works in the case with the anime, so I'm completely fine with that :p

Years
  • Seen Oct 17, 2015
My gosh it's been 4 days since the last post, well I'm just gonna ask something (not a topic, just a question) Anybody find it funny how much of a big deal ash made about his first hat, a good example in Primeape goes bananas But when he got his new outfit and hat in the Advanced Generations, he happily changed hats?

Olli

Years
My gosh it's been 4 days since the last post, well I'm just gonna ask something (not a topic, just a question) Anybody find it funny how much of a big deal ash made about his first hat, a good example in Primeape goes bananas But when he got his new outfit and hat in the Advanced Generations, he happily changed hats?
Yeahh, it's been pointed out by quite a few fans, and for good reason. I honestly think either the designers forgot about that detail, or they were just hoping fans wouldn't pay attention to it or wouldn't be bothered by it, because I definitely think giving him a new design for each region is a good decision on their part. It's a minor detail, but for some reason I just kinda feel like it adds some depth to the character. Well, at least it shows they actually own more than one set of clothes ;)

But yeah, it's definitely kind of an odd reaction when we look at him as a character, but I guess he doesn't have anything against changing up his style every once in a while, including his cap, seeing as he's only replacing it. If the Primeape had run off with it, he would've lost it forever, and the reason it meant so much to him was because it was something he'd won after all. I don't see much of a problem in just keeping the cap at home, as long as he just haven't lost it. So I reckon it isn't too weird that he's completely fine with replacing it :p And in my honest opinion, his first cap was probably the ugliest so far ;)

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Yeahh, it's been pointed out by quite a few fans, and for good reason. I honestly think either the designers forgot about that detail, or they were just hoping fans wouldn't pay attention to it or wouldn't be bothered by it, because I definitely think giving him a new design for each region is a good decision on their part. It's a minor detail, but for some reason I just kinda feel like it adds some depth to the character. Well, at least it shows they actually own more than one set of clothes ;)

But yeah, it's definitely kind of an odd reaction when we look at him as a character, but I guess he doesn't have anything against changing up his style every once in a while, including his cap, seeing as he's only replacing it. If the Primeape had run off with it, he would've lost it forever, and the reason it meant so much to him was because it was something he'd won after all. I don't see much of a problem in just keeping the cap at home, as long as he just haven't lost it. So I reckon it isn't too weird that he's completely fine with replacing it :p And in my honest opinion, his first cap was probably the ugliest so far ;)

Yeah i also feel bad when some Pokemon rob Ash's Cap. Like Ducklett did in B&W. But i always had a question - Did the cap of ash got from some competition or from some league or what ? cause in every new region he got new cap.

New topic : What will you do if you become Ash's Pikachu how will you help your owner ?

Olli

Years
I'm pretty sure he won his first cap in a competition, yeah, hence why it meant so much to him (and why it's so odd that he was completely fine with ditching it when he went to Hoenn), but I don't believe any background has been given to any of his other caps. I haven't really been very consistent in following the anime though, so I honestly don't have any idea, but I haven't heard anything about how he obtained any of his caps, apart from the first one :p

What will you do if you become Ash's Pikachu? How will you help your owner?

I don't really know whether or not I'd really want to become Ash's Pikachu, considering all the mixed feedback he's gotten over the years. It's a bit more tame than the Ash hate, but some people have felt like Pikachu's pretty much ruined the image of Pokemon, since every little kid and all the people who don't watch the anime, all seem to believe that Pikachu is the strongest Pokemon ever, and thus that's their starting point whenever they do anything Pokemon. But on the other hand, Ash's Pikachu is pretty much the image of Pokemon. It's the franchise's mascot, it's the first thing a lot of people who aren't into Pokemon think of, when Pokemon is mentioned, and literally everyone knows what it is. And Ash's Pikachu is pretty much the reason for that.

But back on topic, I don't really know what I could really do for Ash, that Pikachu doesn't do already. It's loyal, tries its best to win battles when needed, and is always there to help Ash in any situation. I guess all I'd really want to do is stay by Ash's side, since that seems to be what makes both of them happy (even though that wasn't quite that evident in the beginning ;)). I'd also kick some pokebutt ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back