• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite Pokémon.... :>

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Infernape and Staraptor man! They are pretty cooooolll and i love them! first two pokemon whom i used the most playing Diamond First Time!

Years
Staraptor, an early Normal/Flying type that's actually good. I suppose Swellow isn't bad by any means, but a decent Fighting move to hit Rock and Steels with puts Staraptor way ahead of the others.

Gastrodon, mainly because of how good it is for online battles. Good type combo, Good HP and defensive stats, immunity to Water/Electric and Toxic/Recover makes it really hard to bring down.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Weavile is my favourite gen 4 Pokemon. He's the fastest Dark-type in the game, has access to good moves like Swords Dance, Night Slash and Ice Punch and tbh it's one of the coolest-looking Pokemon of all time. If it wasn't for my Weavile, it would have been extremely hard for me to get rid of Cynthia's stupid garchomp (I'm not capping it because it was uber at the time I beat her). Then I found out Weavile was excellent competitively as well(and underrated), with access to Pursuit, Low Kick and Ice Shard to give it a niche as a trapper and dragon slayer all in one (that was back in Gen 5). Gen 6 gave Weavile Icicle Crash and Knock Off, which finally means Weavile is no longer as predictable as it was, as well as giving it stronger STAB moves.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 11, 2014
My favorites are the Luxray and Magmortar.

I like Magmortar because he looks like this big tank who just douses everything in lava.
Luxray because its an electric cat, an opposite to one of my favorite Pokemon, Manetric.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Weavile or Monferno, I think. Weavile is the evo of one of my favorite pokemon, looks cool and has an interesting dual typing. Monferno is probably the fire/fighter starter I like most, together with Infernape (and Blaziken), because of it's cute monkey looks and also fire types usually interest me in general.

Years
Mothim, Cherrim, Pachirisu, Ambipom, Honchkrow, Glaceon, Leafeon, and Shaymin. Just can't say no to these cuties. :)

Cherrim is especially cute but I so wish it didn't require sunny weather for it to open up the flower. Weavile is cool too but I'm more for cute than anything! I have a soft spot for the smaller Pokemon so these really stick out with the occasional cool 'mon that catches my eye (Honchrow, Ambipom).

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Gen 4 Pokemon are Infernape, Empoleon, Lucario, Garchomp, Staraptor, Luxray, Roserade, Weavile, Magnezone, Tangrowth, Togekiss, Gliscor, Gallade, Froslass, Drapion, and Heatran.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
Lucario is my favorite Pokémon overall. It's design is awesome and it has cool dex entries, and a good story in the anime movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. I also like Leafeon and Glaceon, and Luxray is another one of my favorites.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I like Luxray, it has a decent design and a good moveset. It also is avalible in at start of the game so its convenient. Every time i start a new save i catch a shinx just for those reasons

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
So, so many... Gen IV ironically introduced a lot of Pokemon that became my favourites of their respective types.

If I had to pick just one, I'd have to go with Floatzel. It's design is just amazing- it really looks streamlined and swift, and its stats match that very well. I always tend to catch a Buizel when I'm out by the Valley Windworks, just for that~

A few others I really like are Rampardos, Roserade, Luxray and Skuntank.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Toxicroak and Drapion are my two favorite things from GenIV. It was a good time to be a poison-type fan when those two were introduced. ^_^

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gen IV is my least favorite in terms of Pokemon, honestly. Not saying they're terrible, but there aren't a lot of Pokemon I immediately fell in love with like I did with generations before and after, so it's difficult to pick a favorite. I'd probably say Togekiss is my favorite. It's cute and fat and fluffy and has wings and it's a great Pokemon in general. I used to not think much of it, especially when it was revealed. I thought it was awful looking. I found a plushie one though and my dad bought it for me, and it's really soft and squishy and it grew on me. :( The effect of plushies, I'm tellin' ya.

Honorable mentions to Rotom, Luxray, Empoleon, Cherrim, Glaceon, and Porygon-Z.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I would have to go with Dialga and Lucario were my favorites out of the fourth generation.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Pachirisu-1.gif

... do I really need to say more? :D

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
Years
Floatzel is not just my favorite Gen 4 Pokemon, but my all-time favorite. It has a really cool design and a lot of good moves and stats. It also reminds me a lot of myself in a way. Every time I play a game and I encounter a Buizel, I will always catch it, and I usually don't use other water types (even if my starter was a water type) unless I'm playing a game before Gen 4 or Floatzel isn't available.

I also like Lucario probably just as much as other people do, but I like Floatzel more myself.

Back