• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#17 - Colour Restriction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Weekly Pixel Art Challenge: #17 - Colour Restriction
Hosted by: Logiedan
Approved by: Logiedan
Medal System activated

Theme: Fakemon Conservation
This week's task is to create a Fakemon, which must be completely scratch. But there's a little twist where you must use only 6 colours from the palette below. Extra detail about the Fakemon is appreciated and welcome. Check out the terminology thread if you need some help, tips, etc.
Your palette is the NES Palette:
in99wm.jpg

Omits:
In some cases and themes there will be omits.
  • Any colours outside from the given palette.
  • More than 7 colours
  • Less than 6 colours
Main Rules:

• One entry per person. You may update your entry until the end of the contest.
  • You can't enter if you picked the theme.
  • All work must be made from scratch (unless the current theme states otherwise).
  • No previously made work.
This Week's Rules:

• Canvas Size: 96x96
  • Palette Requirements: 6 ONLY
  • Transparency: Optional
  • Animation: None
  • Other: Scratch only.
Good luck and have fun!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years

Nothing says new year like a dinosaur in a pot... wait, what? Anyway, it's not exactly original- I've made a sprite of the same Fakemon before. On the other hand, it is slightly different, and a completely different sprite to fit in with the B/W style.

This Pokemon would have quite a high defence, contrasting with the other dragon-types with higher offensive stats. It'd also have quite a high HP stat, being used as a wall. It is grass/dragon, and is similar to Magikarp as it'd evolve from a relatively weak Pokemon, becoming much better as it evolves. It has a unique typing, and there isn't a Pokemon that looks like it. Personally, I'm quite proud of it, but I hate colour limitations, so yeah~ XD That kinda threw me. :P

Last edited:
Years
So here's my entry. It turned out good, I think.

Chargruff.png

It's name is Chargruff (CHAR-DRUFF), which comes from the words charge and dandruff. It's a dandelion Pokemon which explains why dandruff is part of it's name. I was going to include this in my Fakedex, but I realized that Jumpluff is already a dandelion Pokemon. :(

Anyways, it's a Grass/Electric type, hence the charge in its name. If you can't see the tips of the antennae (they look like little dandelion seeds) then I apologize. :c

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I feel it is unnecessary to edit, but your Fakemon has pure white on it which does not exist in the palette.

Approved. Checked all the colours and everythang~
--
Thanks for the entries.

Oh, I didn;t notice. XD I have some spare time on my hands, so just to be safe, I changed the white. I hope it's better now. :)

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Alright here is my first ever attempt at Pixel Art, the Pokemon is supposed to be mainly composed of crystal like parts but I guess the colour restriction didn't go in my favour xD For my first, I'm quite pleased with it.

genesen_fakemon_scratch_by_br4ne-d4m2fuv.png

Genesen was designed but researchers from leftover DNA of Arceus in an attempt to create a real Pokemon god. Upon it's creation the Pokemon released energy that destroyed a hundred kilometre radius instantly, and then it vanished. It has two rods on it's sides that act as constraints, it has purple wings that are pure energy. It has balanced stats, but when half of it' HP is lost it's Sp. Atk and Sp. Def double, while every other stat halves.

Type presumed Ice/Psychic

(Guess where I was inspired from xD)

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
moth.png

Pollenamor
Name Origin: (Pollen+Enamor)
Type: Bug/Psychic
Species: The Love Bug Pokemon
Ability: "Aromance" - Pokemon emits a sweet airborne aroma that infatuates the opponent.

Learnset
Tackle - 1
Confusion - 5
Struggle Bug - 8
Lovely Kiss -14
Wing Attack - 18
Toxic - 22
Protect - 22
Roost - 29
Captivate - 32
Silver Wind - 36
Psychic - 42
Air Slash - 48
Bug Buzz - 54

Last edited:
Years
This may not be approved but i should have time to change it if it isn't.
hx7jfm.png

Bubblress (Bubble - Ress)

Derived from: Bubble + Impress
Type: Water/Psychic
Ability: Pop - When it faints, it pops which cuts the opponents HP in half of what it is.
Species: Psychic Bubble pokemon
Signature move: Psyqua - Like Bubblebeam but more powerful and has a 30% chance of confusion and a 10% chance of constriction.

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
Years

Name: Jiggum (Jig+Hum) (1st evolution, it has two more)
Pokedex: "Dancing Pokemon" It emits an ominous hum when someone is around it. It seems to shake and quiver when it isn't moving about.
Type: Ghost, Rock
Info: They are formed by the fusing of rocks and crystals in caverns. The living crystal moves about inside the armor, creating different pitch hums. The pokemon can control these, raising/lowering the pitches to communicate. They can control their hands and feet remotely, up to a length of about 15 feet. They attack using their feet and hands to punch/kick or their sound/ghostly powers. They enjoy dancing to their odd sounds. Their crystals also glow in the dark.

High DEF/Sp. DEF, low SPD, Average ATK and Sp. ATK

Years
Make sure that you include a sprite. The primary basis of this competition is the sprite, the rest is just optional or just "for fun".

Well, I see the sprite, don't know if you can. Perhaps going to this link?:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7844&pictureid=62604

Also, I'm going to mention that a background is not necessary, in other words whatever colour(s) the background has, it will not count. Transparency does not count as a colour too.

Haven't approved the two recent entries yet, but I will soon.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Well, I see the sprite, don't know if you can. Perhaps going to this link?:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7844&pictureid=62604

Also, I'm going to mention that a background is not necessary, in other words whatever colour(s) the background has, it will not count. Transparency does not count as a colour too.

Haven't approved the two recent entries yet, but I will soon.

That is so weird; I tried the link too, and I cannot see it. I made sure that I was signed-in as well. Wow, I just sounded like a d-bag for pointing that out when it's actually there. ugh, I need to figure out what is up with my browser or something!

...Problem fixed! :)

Last edited:
Years

And the winners are...

1zwbwjb.jpg

1st Place - -ty-
moth.png

Comments & Criticism:
I love your clever use of the pink making it look as if you used two shades of grey.

3brbo.jpg

2nd Place - Retribution
potdragon.png

Comments & Criticism:
No comments & criticism.

2vcjdhw.jpg

3rd Place - IceyPinkLemons
Chargruff.png

Comments & Criticism:
Great design, although you had quite a good amount of colours to get darker colours for the body, and to add: the brightness is pretty hard on the eyes.

Honourable Mention(s)

2ezpblz.jpg

brane
genesen_fakemon_scratch_by_br4ne-d4m2fuv.png

Comments & Criticism:
Great job for a first ever attempt at Pixel Art. I hope to see you enter future spriting contests.

2ezpblz.jpg

teejermiester
picture.php

Comments & Criticism:
Watch out for your amount of colours.

Don't take the comments & criticism too seriously, just little tidbits I've noticed and wanted to point out. Until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back