• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Box?

JDW

Poke Master
Years
I just bought a box of the Original Black and White set, as well as the Emerging Powers set. I'm looking to buy a new box but can't decide upon which one I should get. What's your opinion? Dark Explorers, Dragons Exalted, Noble Victories, Next Destinies?

Thanks

Years
It depends on what you're after. If you're trying to build a specific deck, then you should buy a box which has the most cards you need to build that deck. If you want to a buy a box which has lots of sought after cards then I would pick Dark Explorers, Dragons Exalted or wait until the new set is released and get a box of that.

JDW

Poke Master
Years
Thanks, but I'm not sure which cards I'm looking for just yet. I'm just now getting back into the game. I used to play a long time ago and I used a Hitmonchan/Scyther haymaker deck... So I guess I'm looking for strong, quick, basic Pokemon that I don't have to evolve. Low retreat cost and probably some good abilities. If that's not vague enough.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Dark Explorers. Its got Raikou-EX, which only has 1 retreat cost. It also has Darkrai-EX, which gives anything with a Dark-type energy free retreat.

But honestly, I don't think its worth it to buy a box. if you're aiming to get Pokémon with low retreat and abilities, just buy them online.

Here's a list of Pokémon cards that meet at least one of your conditions.
Darkrai-EX: $9
Raikou-EX $12
Eelektrik (ability) $?
Garchomp line (((Gible, Gabite))) $?
Hydreigon (ability) line (((deino, zweilous, hydreigon))) $10
Altaria (ability) line (((Swablu, Altaria))) $5
Tornadus-EX $20
Garbodor (ability) $1

That's all I can think of for now. Good luck with your collection!

JDW

Poke Master
Years
I thought about buying the cards individually but I don't have any cards at all except those I just bought, nor do I know what any cards do... I guess I could look up all the cards online and then decide which ones I actually want. But still, if I'm talking about buying four of those rare cards for a deck, that's about 20-40 bucks anyways. Thanks for the advice, I might just go buy individual cards.

Back