• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Thank GOD you changed the graphics/sprites. Honestly, I thought the old ones were poop.

Still I think Oren/Kayo's sprites could be better. For example, Kayo's hair is all one color, and needs detail (that's about the extent of my artistic talent, tho).

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
how many hours of gameplay do you think beta 1 will have?

Here's the answer for that... :)

In a whole? Sheeesh...Random wild estimate if a person started playing & NEVER stoped to take a break? I'd say...72hrs. That's If & only If the person NEVER turned it off lol. I don't know though, that's just a complete guess.

Thank GOD you changed the graphics/sprites. Honestly, I thought the old ones were poop.

Still I think Oren/Kayo's sprites could be better. For example, Kayo's hair is all one color, and needs detail (that's about the extent of my artistic talent, tho).

Did you mean the OW or the Trainer Sprite?

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
I strongly recommend that Larvitar, or Hippotas, should be catchable very soon, for those who want to build a sand team, as well as sun - rain team :) And for those who like to utilize Gible as the main part of their team.

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
is there Going to be a Life inside there and is Outrage gonna be inside it?

Huh? what do you mean about that?

I strongly recommend that Larvitar, or Hippotas, should be catchable very soon, for those who want to build a sand team, as well as sun - rain team And for those who like to utilize Gible as the main part of their team.

I think, they will be added in BETA 2 since there's a place there that's like a desert... :)

mewmasterify

Actual Mew
Years
sorry if i didn't say the question right but will there be a new Item Called the Life Orb and will there be a new Dragon Move called Outrage

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
sorry if i didn't say the question right but will there be a new Item Called the Life Orb and will there be a new Dragon Move called Outrage

No there's such thing as Life Orb in the hack, If I'm not mistaken....

And Outrage is not a new move it's a move since Gen1 for you to know.... :)
And yes, Outrage is in the game... :)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_DiamondBlueMoon

Hippopotas is available shortly after the 2nd gym, and Larvitar almost right after. I'm not picking favorites when it comes to the weather pokemon. Vulpix is available right after the first town & Poliwag after the 1st badge. The reason is, they fit the areas. Larvitar is much too rare to be seen That early in a hack, but it is available on your way to the 3rd major city with a badge in it.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
This looks amazing :D
I love how theres a lot of characters, it makes for a lot of dialogue and story, something thats been overlooked in a lot of pokemon games...

And the gym leaders having a unique pokemon is a really nice idea, I had a similar idea to that, but not for every gym leader :o

also, i love the character designs, their looks really pop out

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Good News: I've forgot to mention, we've allowed Running in Houses & Buildings of all kinds in the hack. No more walking because you're inside...

Bad News: I've seem to have come to a road block. The Entei event isn't occuring like we've planed. So I'm sending the rom back to Tajaros tonight so he can go over it. Hopefully, he can fix the problem right away before I wake up in the morning & I'll be right back on the same track of finalizing everything.

Regardless of any issue, The hack'll be released next week sometime.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Great News. Tajaros fix the Entei event & nearing the 3rd major city of the beta. (There's only 4 major cities in the beta) so I'm almost done!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
Oops, sorry meant for another hack but now that i stumbled across it it looks great! Can't wait for it!

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@_Shootingace

Whaaaa? The beta's not even out yet lol. Sure you didn't mean for that to be posted elsewhere?

@_Pokemonmasters

I don't think so. Trying to push the 30th release as much as I can. But the path to the 3rd city was so long, and filled with so many trainers, it was really draining. The path to the 4th city is Almost just as long. Also, after I'm done, I have to send the rom over to NO_Obslayer to insert the titlescreen. Luckily, he can do it within a couple hours. But sometime next week, you'll be able to play. That's a 100% sure thing. If it's not by Monday(30th) it'll be around wednesday-thursday(1st-2nd)

Back