• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is my card worth?" Thread [READ THE FIRST POST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Hi there guys, I signed up to this website the other day so I could check the value of my Pokemon cards, I have far to many to list, but they are all collected from Pokemon gold down, I lost interest when it all started going to game boy advances :( but, I have some ones that Wikipedia says are rare:

Please ask for any information you need me to post to give me a value and wether they are worth selling or keeping hold of for now?

Holo scythes with no shadow? 10/64 has like a vile plume head below the picture, copyrighted 1995,96,98 Nintendo,creatures, game freak 1999 wizards if that's any use to you?

Unknown 30/105

Rapid ash 31/147 it has no shadow and bottom left hand corner of card has like a e crossed with a Pokemon ball with a little star next to it, this looks really new compared to the other ones.

Energy, darkness energy special energy card 104/111

Raichu 21/64

Trainer super energy removal. 79/102

Trainer Pokemon trader 77/102

Nidoqueen 23/64

Trainer computer search 71/102

Trainer lt surges secret plan 107/132

Delibird 5/64

Dark hypno 26/82

Celebi 16/64

Sudowoodo 26/64

Energy, metal energy, special energy card 94/109

Pinsir 25/64

Raikou 13/64

None of these cards have shadows, is there any uncommon cards or common cards I should be looking through my deck for? I have pocket monster cards too. And also two blaines charmanders, both are same card, different art work, 60/132 and 61/132.

I have a common pikachu that I have seen with red cheeks but mine has red, it's 58/102

I have a holo shadowless Mudkip 59/109

Please can someone advise me? And tell me what common and uncommon cards are worth something so I can check my deck, also are basic energies worth anything? I have a pile about 6 or 7 cm high, there's about 200 different cards.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
Hi I joined this forum to see what my card might be worth.

Hitmonlee
Fossil Set
7/62
1st Ed

Now the unique thing about this card is that there is a cosmetic error on it. There is vertical streak in the middle of the card and the coloring is slightly different where the streak is.

Now again i am brand new to the forum and cannot post a picture of it and can only give a rough description of it. Would it be appropriate for me to pm someone an imgur url for more info?

Years
1. Double Gust
2. Neo Genesis
3. 100/111
4. Yes
5. No

That's a common. You're lucky if that fetches you $0.50.

Hi there guys, I signed up to this website the other day so I could check the value of my Pokemon cards, I have far to many to list, but they are all collected from Pokemon gold down, I lost interest when it all started going to game boy advances :( but, I have some ones that Wikipedia says are rare:

Please ask for any information you need me to post to give me a value and wether they are worth selling or keeping hold of for now?

Holo scythes with no shadow? 10/64 has like a vile plume head below the picture, copyrighted 1995,96,98 Nintendo,creatures, game freak 1999 wizards if that's any use to you?

Unknown 30/105

Rapid ash 31/147 it has no shadow and bottom left hand corner of card has like a e crossed with a Pokemon ball with a little star next to it, this looks really new compared to the other ones.

Energy, darkness energy special energy card 104/111

Raichu 21/64

Trainer super energy removal. 79/102

Trainer Pokemon trader 77/102

Nidoqueen 23/64

Trainer computer search 71/102

Trainer lt surges secret plan 107/132

Delibird 5/64

Dark hypno 26/82

Celebi 16/64

Sudowoodo 26/64

Energy, metal energy, special energy card 94/109

Pinsir 25/64

Raikou 13/64

None of these cards have shadows, is there any uncommon cards or common cards I should be looking through my deck for? I have pocket monster cards too. And also two blaines charmanders, both are same card, different art work, 60/132 and 61/132.

I have a common pikachu that I have seen with red cheeks but mine has red, it's 58/102

I have a holo shadowless Mudkip 59/109

Please can someone advise me? And tell me what common and uncommon cards are worth something so I can check my deck, also are basic energies worth anything? I have a pile about 6 or 7 cm high, there's about 200 different cards.

Skimming over that list, I don't see anything worth more than $4.

Hi I joined this forum to see what my card might be worth.

Hitmonlee
Fossil Set
7/62
1st Ed

Now the unique thing about this card is that there is a cosmetic error on it. There is vertical streak in the middle of the card and the coloring is slightly different where the streak is.

Now again i am brand new to the forum and cannot post a picture of it and can only give a rough description of it. Would it be appropriate for me to pm someone an imgur url for more info?

It would be worth $4 to $6... if it didn't have that cosmetic damage to it. That damage makes it practically worthless.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
1. Giratina Lvl. X
2. Platinum
3. 124/127

1. Rayquaza
2. Ex Holon Phantoms
3. 16/110

1. Politoed Ex
2. Ex Unseen Forces
3. 107/115

1. Chansey Ex
2. Ex Ruby & Sapphire
3. 96/109

Years
1. Giratina Lvl. X
2. Platinum
3. 124/127

1. Rayquaza
2. Ex Holon Phantoms
3. 16/110

1. Politoed Ex
2. Ex Unseen Forces
3. 107/115

1. Chansey Ex
2. Ex Ruby & Sapphire
3. 96/109

Chansey: $2-$3
Giratina: $5-$10
Rayquaza: $1-$2
Politoed: $8-$12

don't know how to explain it but here is a photo.

ht tp://i47.tinypic.com/2iu2joj.jpg

Japanese cards can be a challenge to find a price for, but I think most of those are worth around $4-$5.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Hey,

I've also joined the forums to see the value of my cards. I am completely clueless on how much they should be worth. I have a set of pokemon cards from 1-493 in order with about 290 holos in there. Some cards are gym leader cards, others are dark/shining (may or may not be holo version). Is there a ballpark price for what my cards may be worth? I'm happy with a rough estimate. Most cards are near mint/mint.

Thanks.

Years
Hey,

I've also joined the forums to see the value of my cards. I am completely clueless on how much they should be worth. I have a set of pokemon cards from 1-493 in order with about 290 holos in there. Some cards are gym leader cards, others are dark/shining (may or may not be holo version). Is there a ballpark price for what my cards may be worth? I'm happy with a rough estimate. Most cards are near mint/mint.

Thanks.

That completely depends on which ones you have. Are most of the copyright years on the bottoms of the cards from more recent years? That'd affect my ballpark estimate and suggested listing price.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
No most of them aren't recent. In fact the newest ones are from 2007 and most of those are from the diamond/pearl generation. There are some 2005/2006 as well. So excluding diamond/pearl let's just say there are about 50 ranging from 2005-2006 whereas everything else are the years below. I've even got all the unknowns in there. Thanks for your reply!

Years
Huh. There's a high chance most of those holos are reverse holos of commons and uncommons, so $50 would be a decent price if you're looking to sell them quickly. If you have a lot of ex Pokemon or Lv. X Pokemon, those may be worth something individually, but then you'd probably have to sell all the commons and uncommons as a single lot for $15.

Commons and uncommons are the cards that have a black dot or a black diamond next to the set symbol on the bottom right corner of the front side of the card.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2012
Thanks for answering my question. The thing is, I have multiple individual cards in there worth $50/$30/$20 each not to mention a lot of other cards worth over $5 - I've been collecting from the late 90s so I have a lot of old cards, but I don't have any pictures so I understand that it would be hard for you to rate the cards. In the mean time, I did get someone to add up each one of my cards, but wanted to hear your opinion anyways. Thanks again for the estimate, I think I'm going to hold on to my cards for a little while longer.

Cheers!

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2012
Hi. I'm new to this forum, I recently discovered my pokémon cards, looked some of em up, and were worth between 10 - 50 usd, might not be correct, so I'm going to ask here! :) I'm not going to bring up to many cards, just the ones I think are very rare.

( all cards are on 25% sale atm, that is, on the website so I included here what they would cost without the discount ) ( in case you check it up :P )
- Charizard 3/110 made 2002 non holo

- Tyranitar 12/75 holo 1995-2001
On pokeorder.com this card is 30 usd before discount.

- Ho-oh holo 149/144 2003
46.90 before discount on pokeorder.com?

- Shining Noctowl 110/405 1995-2000
30 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Shining Steelix 112/105 1995-2000
50 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Kabutops 2003 150/144 holo
About 60 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Flareon 2003 147/1432 holo
40 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Light Dragonite 13/105 holo

- Umbreon 2002 h29/h32 holo
39 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Mux EX

- Aggron EX?
28 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Wailord
20 usd I belive it was. Probably not.

- Skarmory/lugia/ho-oh all non holo from Neo Revelation, but if these ones above is correct, these should be 15/20 usd each...?
- As for Zapdos/Moltress, they're only worth like 10 usd? Or less...

Oh and It might looks like I'm advertising pokeorder, I'm really not, I just want some confirmation :).

PS, the pictures might be laying down or something. And are not in the right order.

Thanks in advance.

Years
Hi. I'm new to this forum, I recently discovered my pokémon cards, looked some of em up, and were worth between 10 - 50 usd, might not be correct, so I'm going to ask here! :) I'm not going to bring up to many cards, just the ones I think are very rare.

( all cards are on 25% sale atm, that is, on the website so I included here what they would cost without the discount ) ( in case you check it up :P )
- Charizard 3/110 made 2002 non holo

- Tyranitar 12/75 holo 1995-2001
On pokeorder.com this card is 30 usd before discount.

- Ho-oh holo 149/144 2003
46.90 before discount on pokeorder.com?

- Shining Noctowl 110/405 1995-2000

- Shining Steelix 112/105 1995-2000
50 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Kabutops 2003 150/144 holo
About 60 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Flareon 2003 147/1432 holo
40 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Light Dragonite 13/105 holo

- Umbreon 2002 h29/h32 holo
39 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Mux EX

- Aggron EX?
28 usd before discount on pokeorder.com.

- Wailord
20 usd I belive it was. Probably not.

- Skarmory/lugia/ho-oh all non holo from Neo Revelation, but if these ones above is correct, these should be 15/20 usd each...?
- As for Zapdos/Moltress, they're only worth like 10 usd? Or less...

Oh and It might looks like I'm advertising pokeorder, I'm really not, I just want some confirmation :).

PS, the pictures might be laying down or something. And are not in the right order.

Thanks in advance.

I'd check out prices on those at Troll and Toad. Generally, they don't have sales on singles, and their prices are generally market value.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2012
Hi, I was wondering if you knew if TV Animation Edition cards are worth anything? I have a few Pokemon ones, a Todd one, and a Jesse one. Also, I have some cards that are of episodes? I can't find anything about whether these are worth anything so I figured I'd give this a shot. I have two Orange Islands ones, and a few just regular ones I guess. One of them is a foil, it's for EP25 Pokemon Scent-Sation.

Years
Hi, I was wondering if you knew if TV Animation Edition cards are worth anything? I have a few Pokemon ones, a Todd one, and a Jesse one. Also, I have some cards that are of episodes? I can't find anything about whether these are worth anything so I figured I'd give this a shot. I have two Orange Islands ones, and a few just regular ones I guess. One of them is a foil, it's for EP25 Pokemon Scent-Sation.

They're generally not worth much at all unless you have a whole set, though some collectors do seek individual ones to complete sets. At best, they'd probably fetch $0.25 each.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2012
Hello,

I was wondering what my Karen's Umbreon card is worth. I looked around on eBay for a bit, but there are ridiculously high prices on there. It's kind of hard to believe those are correct prices, ranging from 200 to 600 dollar?! Or am I wrong?

Information of the card:
1. Karen's Umbreon (the name of the card is in Japanese, but apparently that's the English name).
2. VS?
3. 091/141*
4. It has a first edition sign on the bottom right?

Condition of the card is basically completely new. Has been in a sleeve since I got it.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Years
Hello,

I was wondering what my Karen's Umbreon card is worth. I looked around on eBay for a bit, but there are ridiculously high prices on there. It's kind of hard to believe those are correct prices, ranging from 200 to 600 dollar?! Or am I wrong?

Information of the card:
1. Karen's Umbreon (the name of the card is in Japanese, but apparently that's the English name).
2. VS?
3. 091/141*
4. It has a first edition sign on the bottom right?

Condition of the card is basically completely new. Has been in a sleeve since I got it.

Thanks in advance.

If you notice, though, all of those cards on eBay are PSA graded ones. The PSA is an organization that rates collectible cards on their condition for a hefty fee. A card like Karen's Umbreon would be worth getting PSA graded, but even without the PSA grading, you could probably get $75 for it. It's a pretty rare card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back