• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blasto-Rein

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
Hi. This is my very first ALMOST finished deck, and i would love you guys give me some rating and tips so i can improve and make it full Modified Format :P

without furder ado, here are the details:

Speed Darkrai with hammers !
Format: Unlimited (For now. planning to change to Tournament legal)

(17) Pokemon:
2 Dragon Exhalted Spheal 29/124
1 Dragon Exhalted Saleo 30/124
2 Dragon Exhalted Walrein 31/124
2 Squirtle (1 from Plasma Storm, other from Plasma Blast)
2 Plasma Blast Blastoise (16/101)
1 Plasma Storm Manaphy (34/135)
1 Plasma Freeze Kangaskhan (71/101)
1 Plasma Blast Suicune (20/101)
1 Plasma Blast Lapras (17/101)
1 Plasma Freeze Crygonal (30/116)
2 Dragon Exhalted Feebas (27/124)
1 Dragon Exhalted Milotic (28/124)

6 Supporters/ 18 Trainers/ 1 Stadium:
Supporters:
1 Caitlin
1 Professor Juniper
2 Cheren
2 Bebe´s Search

Trainers:
1 Switch
1 Energy Switch
1 Silver Mirror
1 Escape Rope
1 Pokemon Communication
1 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Pokemon Catcher
2 Life Herb (Platinum 108/127)
2 Energy Search
1 Superior Energy Retrieval
2 Energy Retrieval
3 Rare Candy
1 Rock Guard (Ace Specs)

Stadium:
1 Giant Stump (75/92)

(18) Basic Energy:
18 Water Energy

The main strategy goes like this:
I have to set Blastoise and Walrein as soon as possible. Milotic helps by letting me draw any 3 cards with 1 energy card. that way, i can call rare candies and the pokemon i need. after a while, i can call 3 energy with milotic if it isnt down yet.

I use crygonal to call Feebas, Milotic, and forbid the defending pokemon to attack for a turn.
Kangaskhan helps by drawing all the basics i need with 100hp and a possible 80 damage capability.
Manaphy works to recycle some discarded energies and equip them so i dont miss a single chance to use all my energies.
Lapras works as a good meatshield when i need to heal Blastoise and walrein with his first attack.
Finally Suicune is just my EX shield with his ability.

All the trainer/supporter cards speak for themselves xD and the Giant stump stadium since i do not have a better stadium, though it works by forcing my opponent to only have 3 bench pokemon

well, i would like to replace Lapras with Articuno EX, but i cannot buy from ebay or amazon anymore (and i wouldnt pay that much for a single card :/) so i hope i can draw it from a booster pack

give me your oppinion people :p im planning to change a lot of things, but milotic, walrein and blastoise stay no matter what xD

ImBlue

dabbadeedabadai
Years
Honestly you'll probably end up paying a lot more for all of the booster packs while trying to pull Articuno EX than simply buying it, unless you plan on buying the booster packs regardless.

I'd suggest using fewer Pokemon and more trainers, you have a ton of energy, and Life Herb and Giant Stump aren't legal competitively anymore. I don't want to tell you exactly what to use because I don't know what cards you have, but don't try to emulate theme decks; they're pretty bad usually lol.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
i´m not emulating the theme deck :P i just thought Milotic and Walrein were pretty good by themselves, and adding blastoise made it a little bit more aggressive. im aware that life herb and giant stump arent legal anymore. im looking for alternatives :/

well, i just began playing 9 weeks ago, so any booster help me a little bit. i would try some booster, and whenever i give up, i think i´ll end up buying it online :/

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
okay so basically you are building a blastoise walrein deck it seems. Now i have played around with tons of water types, and i know how a bunch of the more common ones play. But you have way too many different pokemon. You need to focus on a few different lines. Probably just blastoise and walrein if you are going with those.

Milotic is really good i admit. But in this current format it is not. Your opponent can N you after you grab your 3 cards and then you just waste a turn. If not for N Milotic is really good.

In my first deck with milotic, my process early game was.
2-2 milotic with 2 cilans in the deck is really powerful. Milotic usually has about 2 turns of clear search before it goes down. 3 if you are lucky. 1st turn clear seach for squirtle if you dont have it out, cilan, and your attacker, preferably keldeo ex. If you do have squirtle out, grab blastoise and a rare candy, and cilan. The next turn play cilan and rare candy into blastoise. Clear search again for an attacker, another cilan, and anything else you might need based on what your opponent is doing. With milotic alone you now have 6 energy in hand a blastoise turn 3 and a keldeo ex, possibly 2 if you choose to. At this point you rush in with keldeo ex slap 3 energy on to it and 3 energy on the benched keldeo and start going to town. If your opponent hasn't N'ed your cards away. You pretty much win. Since duo keldeo turn 3 is really hard to deal with.

This sort of strategy removes cards searching cards, allowing you more energy and consistency for harder and quicker knock outs. But then again you really cant win if they N you early on.

Either way pokemon you can take out are. Lapras, Manaphy, and Khangaskhan. They wont help you in this deck. You also want Keldeo Ex and Float stone. Together, these 2 cards can allow you to use Walrein more efficiently.

Normally walrein can only with its second attack every other turn. But if you rush in with keldeo ex and then float stone retreat back into walrein, you are free to use it's second attack again to get a paralysis lock.

Milotic and cryogonal work really well together. But with Walrein in the deck as well. The pokemon take up too much space. If you get articuno ex, you can basically keep milotic and cyrogonal and get rid of walrein instead.

Pokemon: 15
2/3 Articuno Ex
3-1-3 Blastoise
2-2 Milotic
1 Cyrogonal

Overall this set is pretty decent. Maybe 1 Keldeo Ex as well, though it doesn't help as much since articuno can already attack consecutively.

18 energy is too much for your deck. As long as you play them properly, 14 should be enough, maybe even 12. Overall your deck should have
Energy: 14
4 plasma energy
10 water energy

Supporters are really important as well. For a deck like this,
4 Cheren
4 N
2 Skyla
with maybe 1 or 2 of Caitlin. With milotic, juniper isnt really needed, only to get set up. N also does the same thing but doesnt discard your resources. Caitlin is there since cards just sort of fill your hand from my experiences at least with milotic.

Trainers:
4 Rare Candy
2 Float Stone
4 Pokemon Catchers
3 Colress Machines
are the big ones you need other than that its up to you.

Tsukimaru

Double battles veteran
Years
okay so basically you are building a blastoise walrein deck it seems. Now i have played around with tons of water types, and i know how a bunch of the more common ones play. But you have way too many different pokemon. You need to focus on a few different lines. Probably just blastoise and walrein if you are going with those.

Milotic is really good i admit. But in this current format it is not. Your opponent can N you after you grab your 3 cards and then you just waste a turn. If not for N Milotic is really good.

In my first deck with milotic, my process early game was.
2-2 milotic with 2 cilans in the deck is really powerful. Milotic usually has about 2 turns of clear search before it goes down. 3 if you are lucky. 1st turn clear seach for squirtle if you dont have it out, cilan, and your attacker, preferably keldeo ex. If you do have squirtle out, grab blastoise and a rare candy, and cilan. The next turn play cilan and rare candy into blastoise. Clear search again for an attacker, another cilan, and anything else you might need based on what your opponent is doing. With milotic alone you now have 6 energy in hand a blastoise turn 3 and a keldeo ex, possibly 2 if you choose to. At this point you rush in with keldeo ex slap 3 energy on to it and 3 energy on the benched keldeo and start going to town. If your opponent hasn't N'ed your cards away. You pretty much win. Since duo keldeo turn 3 is really hard to deal with.

This sort of strategy removes cards searching cards, allowing you more energy and consistency for harder and quicker knock outs. But then again you really cant win if they N you early on.

Either way pokemon you can take out are. Lapras, Manaphy, and Khangaskhan. They wont help you in this deck. You also want Keldeo Ex and Float stone. Together, these 2 cards can allow you to use Walrein more efficiently.

Normally walrein can only with its second attack every other turn. But if you rush in with keldeo ex and then float stone retreat back into walrein, you are free to use it's second attack again to get a paralysis lock.

Milotic and cryogonal work really well together. But with Walrein in the deck as well. The pokemon take up too much space. If you get articuno ex, you can basically keep milotic and cyrogonal and get rid of walrein instead.

Pokemon: 15
2/3 Articuno Ex
3-1-3 Blastoise
2-2 Milotic
1 Cyrogonal

Overall this set is pretty decent. Maybe 1 Keldeo Ex as well, though it doesn't help as much since articuno can already attack consecutively.

18 energy is too much for your deck. As long as you play them properly, 14 should be enough, maybe even 12. Overall your deck should have
Energy: 14
4 plasma energy
10 water energy

Supporters are really important as well. For a deck like this,
4 Cheren
4 N
2 Skyla
with maybe 1 or 2 of Caitlin. With milotic, juniper isnt really needed, only to get set up. N also does the same thing but doesnt discard your resources. Caitlin is there since cards just sort of fill your hand from my experiences at least with milotic.

Trainers:
4 Rare Candy
2 Float Stone
4 Pokemon Catchers
3 Colress Machines
are the big ones you need other than that its up to you.

well, this is by far a better answer than i was expecting for :)
i didn´t think about that paralysis flaw with Keldeo ex before. Sounds very very promising.
however, here where i live there is only one card store, and they only sell Storm, Blast, Freeze, and im sort of unable to buy things on amazon for some personal reasons, so i think my most probable choice is getting the Articuno EX. Luckily for me, i have most cards you mention here but N :p guess i´ll have to make some trades.

by the energies, i guess you are right. sometimes i get loads of energies when i need trainer cards.

thank you a lot for your advice

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Some people dont have the money to just buy from ebay on a whim. We just have to deal with what we have.

Years
And then others still aren't legally old enough to buy from eBay, or can't legally buy from eBay because their country bans it, etc. There are still advantages to buying at a card shop as opposed to eBay, primarily being the fact that you can often verify a card's condition and authenticity when buying from a shop.

Anyway, back on the topic of the deck, Great Ball is definitely a card worth a look.

Back