• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you organize your pokemon boxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenofunity

Confused Chicken
Years
I just use type, but some types get ignored, and go in the 'other' box. I used to have a fave box as well, but I replaced it with 'rare' and that's where I shove my legendaries that I don't use. I also have a box called 'Eggs', that's filled with eggs... most of which I don't know what they are. Plus a box labelled 'Trading' for pokes I'm gonna trade.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2011
I once tried doing that. I arranged all my pokemon on the basis of their type, but later on when i caught and traded more and more pokemon, all the boxes got messed up again. xD So I'm not going to do that ever again.

Peach Fresca

Underrated Pokémon Fanatic
Years
  • Seen Sep 28, 2010
By importance.

Pokémon I often use go into Box 1,
Pokémon I'm training go in Box 2,
Pokémon I use for breeding go into Box 3,
Pokémon I've finished training for the Pokédex/baby pokémon/eggs/useless pokémon go into Box 4-18(? I think that's the right amount of boxes?)

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2022
i do it by types
but some of them have multiple types
like my rock/steel/ground or dragon/flying box

and after a box gets too full like water types, i move some of them based on their second type

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I sorted my boxes by type as far back as Gen 2. Had to combine types sometimes but it worked.

I started doing the same in Diamond until I decided to do a living Pokédex. So I ordered my boxes by National Dex number... and left a space for each Pokémon. It was great for organization since so long as I had a rough idea of where a Pokémon was, I could easily find it. Only issue was it gave me only one and a half boxes for doubles, eggs, etc. D: But I kept with it until recently when I gave up on the living Dex & transferred all my Pokémon onto Ranch anyway. (And now my boxes go "Team Members", "Legendaries", and then about 6 boxes of Cherubi. :D)

I have no rhyme or reason to my organization in HG or Platinum. Things are just tossed haphazardly into the boxes until it switches to the next box.

Years
Because I tend to not keep an abundance of Pokemon, I just leave them in any random order in the first few boxes, but I do keep a special Unown box with all of them in it. In Sapphire, however, I had all of my boxes sorted out by level, with a box for my newly captured Pokemon before they went into sorting.

Chub 777

Golden User
Years
Boxes 1 & 2 - Random Pokemon
Box 3 - Ledgendaries
Box 4 - Pre-Dex party
Box 5 - Post-Dex captures

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
You use the same strategy I use basically.

I'm a person who LOVES to make monotype teams for fun battles with my friends and I often find myself making one of these teams then I put them all together in one box row and then most other pokemon of the shared element I stick into the rest of that pc box.

Then I switch the background to something appropriate.

Last edited:
Years
Pokemon Box Organization? I usually have the first box set for Pokemon obtained by trades through GTS and normal trading, plus any Pokemon Eggs I have. The last box numbered is for the Unowns I get to complete the set. The boxes numbered before the box with Unowns are for my Legendaries and Pokemon I use regularly.

Every other box between 2 and 14-15 are free game.

2nd-Thanatos

Watchmen of Sector 2.
Years
I tried to do the Type thing but it didn't worked well after the 1st box of Flying was full.

Tried with Level, but had the same problem.

So now, I only do "Box 1 for legendaries" and put the rest together. Like, all Rhyhorns in the same row, all Eeves on the other, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Normally, I don't organize my boxes. But at other times, I made "Unown," "Synchronize" and "Egg" boxes so that I won't get confused about the Pokemon I actually catch and the Pokemon I use for catching/novelties.

Pandesal

W - Luna! Trigger!
Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2011
I usually place 'special' Pokemon in the last box (party members, HM slaves, Pokemon in-training, legendaries) and throw everything else into the other boxes, starting from box 1 and moving up as I fill each box.

Not really organised, but I'm still usually able to find whatever I need.

Years
I usually have the pokemon I actually use all the time in the first (and/or second box). I'll have my in game team (not EV trained) and HM slaves in the top row or so and then organize my other teams at the bottom. Then after that I organize by lvl. Like 20's in one box 30's in another 40/50 in another and so on :]

dragonite149

I am not male
Years
I usually don't organise my boxes,but in SS, I have a box for my backup team and party pokemon, so when I get my Slugma out to hatch eggs,and I deposit one of my party pokemon,I don't have to look through 7 boxes to find it again. Though I'm gonna organise it by type.
(Logs off computer to organise boxes by type)

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
Years
box 1-16 for pokemon 1-480, 17 for the final ones and different formes that will not change in battle, and box 18 for Unown.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
Years
I usually just sort my boxes by types and name the boxes accordingly. Makes things a ton easier if I'm looking for a specific type of Pokemon to drag around with me.

I also have a super special box entitled Lazy for when I'm too lazy to organize Pokemon I just got. It got full so I had to make a Lazy 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back