• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Simple Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Are there any good movesets for each of the 5 Rotom formes?

Mostly what D_A said. The sets for the others are basically the same with their key moves in over those anyway. I mean, if you're looking for a specific typing in those mons you can use them but otherwise I'd try to stay away from Rotom formes unless you're using Rotom-W.

im so tired of getting bullied in wifi battles pokemon white version iv iv trained and ev trained why am i still getting squashed?
Then you're probably not using good movesets, getting outpredicted, or just outplayed. You can't get bullied in Pokemon, you just lose. ;-;

If you're tired of losing then the only way to win is to practice and get better. Everyone loses a lot when they first start, especially if they just started thinking competitively.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Then you're probably not using good movesets, getting outpredicted, or just outplayed. You can't get bullied in Pokemon, you just lose. ;-;

If you're tired of losing then the only way to win is to practice and get better. Everyone loses a lot when they first start, especially if they just started thinking competitively.

Adding onto this, your team might not be optimal in which case you should post a RMT.

That and there is the tutoring program stickied here which maybe be helpful to you.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
hows my set for landorus?
landorus @ muscle band
nature: hardy ( not the best but its the only landorus in the game)
4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
trait: sand force

stone edge
u turn
earthquake
brick break

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
hows my set for landorus?
landorus @ muscle band
nature: hardy ( not the best but its the only landorus in the game)
4 HP 252 Attack 252 Speed
trait: sand force

stone edge
u turn
earthquake
brick break

with that kind of set, it'd be good to use choice scarf (good with u-turn) as well as hammer arm >> brick break (you won't be staying in so the speed drop is negligible). also jolly nature would be preferred but if you can't get it i guess it's better than a -spe nature. choice band is also usable too.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
I need a good moveset for my mew and mewtwo double battle team. So far the moveset of mew is Reflect, sunny day,fireblast and solar beam. Mewtwo is completely untouched territory so has all the moves it comes with when caught. Help please!!

Years
need a good move set for my dw nidoking

nidoking @?
nature: Bold
evs hp/4 att/252 speed/252
sheer force

mega horn
?
?
?

any thought would be appreciated

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I need a good moveset for my mew and mewtwo double battle team. So far the moveset of mew is Reflect, sunny day,fireblast and solar beam. Mewtwo is completely untouched territory so has all the moves it comes with when caught. Help please!!

Mew@Life Orb / Leftovers
Timid Nature [+Spe; -Atk]
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock / Psychic
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast / Shadow Ball

Mewtwo@Life Orb
Timid Nature [+SpA; -Atk]
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Psystrike
- Aura Sphere
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Calm Mind / Ice Beam

need a good move set for my dw nidoking

nidoking @?
nature: Bold
evs hp/4 att/252 speed/252
sheer force

mega horn
?
?
?

any thought would be appreciated

Nidoking's Sheer Force only boosts moves that have side-effects, and I believe it only works on moves with flinch or major status changes with them (i.e. Burn, Poison, etc). His special movepool offers the most moves for abusing this boost, and Sheer Force also prevents Life Orb recoil, so use that:

Nidoking@Life Orb
Timid or Modest Nature [+Spe; -Atk] or [+SpA; -Atk] respectively
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Years
RE: Amoongus, Elecktross, Hydreigon and Tornadus

Hi,
I just wanted some advice on some good EV spreads, movesets and natures on the pokemon stated: Amoongus, Elecktross, Hydreigon and Tornadus
Thanks a lot for your time and help,
Anis :)

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Hi,
I just wanted some advice on some good EV spreads, movesets and natures on the pokemon stated: Amoongus, Elecktross, Hydreigon and Tornadus
Thanks a lot for your time and help,
Anis :)

^Hi, if you're still interested in these Pokemon, I can help you. Since I hate copying and pasting though, I'll just make 'em up for you with my general knowledge. You may call me the Pokemon Guru (not really).

Amoongus @ Leftovers
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252HP / 228SpD / 28Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- HP [Ice] / HP [Fire]
- Clear Smog / Stun Spore

Amoongus is a Pokemon that has a pretty unique role despite the lackluster stats. I've seen no Amoongus in standard play though :( so this really is off the top of my head. You can use Regenerator on this, though I'm not sure if it came out yet, but if it did, then that'd be much better. The speed EVs give you a jump on Reuniclus so you can Spore it before it sets up and no speed investment Wobbuffet just in case one comes along. The Hidden Power choices are up to preferance, one beats up Gliscor and Dragons while Fire hits Ferrothorn. If you're using HP Fire though, bump up the speed one point to compensate for the IV loss.

Eelectross @ Life Orb
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SpD)
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240Atk / 184SpA / 84Spe
- Wild Charge
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot
- HP Ice

A lot of people have requested Eelectross movesets before so I kinda remember it being like this. Wild Charge does quite a bit of damage on Blissey so it's all cool. You outspeed no speed Tyranitar so all good. You hit quite a lot of defensive cores hard with this set. You may run a Brave nature on this easily to abuse the fact it has reasonable bulk and no weaknesses, but you'll fail to outspeed Blissey.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Modest nature (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 4Def / 252SpA / 252Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Dark Pulse / U-Turn

~~~~~~

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid nature (+SpA, -Atk)
EVs: 4Def / 252SpA / 252Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- U-Turn / Dark Pulse / Head Smash

I listed two sets for Hydreigon that work moderately well. The Modest Hydreigon actually has the stongest Draco Meteor in OU play (unless Latios starts running Modest now :/). You have an actual Fire attack and Focus Blast that all differentate it from Latios. The last slot is a throw up between whatever you want.

The Scarf set shares the same moves with the exception of Head Smash. This may seem funny, but even with a attack reducing nature you still KO Bold max /max Volcarona everytime. It's the only OU Dragon capable of doing that now that Garchomp is gone. It's kinda gimmicky at best though, hence why it's the last option.

Tornadus @ Life Orb
Naive nature (+Spe, -SpD)
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 32Atk / 224SpA / 252Spe
- Hurricane
- Hammer Arm
- Rain Dance
- U-Turn / HP Ice

One of the best things about Tornadus is priority Rain Dance. In this weather-centric metagame, even having Drzzle Politoed sometimes may not be enough. You don't even need much Atk EVs to OHKO Tyranitar so just boost out its best stats. LO Hurricane will wreck just about anything not resistant to it. U-Turn helps to scout and HP Ice gives you a 100% attack option against Gliscor and Dragons.

Last edited:

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
Years
Good Teammates for These Two?

Hey folks,
I've just finished slogging through the Battle Subway, and I am sick of fighting the CPU all the time. There are a few pokes I've bred for strong IVs, and I just don't know the best way to use them, especially in "real" battles. My favorite is:
Hydregion @ White Herb
Nature: Modest
Dark Pulse
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Charge Beam / Scary Face

Basically, she's a Sp. Atk monster (Max IVs in Sp. Def and Speed, trained for Sp. Atk and Speed mostly) and quite versatile...but I don't really know how to use her most effectively on a competitive team. Any suggestions for teammates/items? I prefer single battles.

Also, I want to use an Eelectross, but I don't know a good nature/moveset... Any suggestions on good teams with one of those would be great as well!

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
It's not our policy in CBC to build teams for you. It's not particularly hard, just check out some teams previously posted to get an idea. But if you want movesets, then go to the sticky Request Thread. Funnily enough, I just finished posting Hydreigon and Eelectross sets in there, so yeah.

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
Years
It's not our policy in CBC to build teams for you. It's not particularly hard, just check out some teams previously posted to get an idea. But if you want movesets, then go to the sticky Request Thread. Funnily enough, I just finished posting Hydreigon and Eelectross sets in there, so yeah.

Ha ok then. Thanks for the redirect. I'll close this one then.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2014
I was wondering if there was an alternative way to breed both Mach Punch and Drain Punch on a timber. Right now, the only way I see is with Hitmonchan, and that's a bit impossible for me right now (i used the Drain Punch TM....T.T).

Help with this would be much appreciated.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
question about EV training.

since i can use a max of 10 vitamins for each stat on one pokemon, and each gives 10 EV's thats a total of 100, right?
so if my pokemon has pokerus if i give it 10 vitamins would that give it 200 EV"s for that one stat?

BlackRay

The other trainer.
Years
question about EV training.

since i can use a max of 10 vitamins for each stat on one pokemon, and each gives 10 EV's thats a total of 100, right?
so if my pokemon has pokerus if i give it 10 vitamins would that give it 200 EV"s for that one stat?

I don't think that vitamins include the pokerus addon. Though, this is from my knowledge, which is pretty good to EV training. :p
So, 100 ev's. From 10 vitamins.
Including Pokerus.

A question for my own, i've just starting building a team, and was looking for a mixed sweeper, (if that's what you refer it to as, new to this :p)
Or to rephrase it a bit differently, a strong pokemon with a set with strong physical and special attacks.
I was told by a friend, that Lucario could prolly work. But I wasn't too sure.
Any Pokemon would work, as long as it's not impossible to breed with.
(Not a legendary or a pokemon only available through events.)

~Akiko

<3
Years
3v3 Matchup

Is 3v3 wifi matchup at all a reliable way of playing your team? I always seem to choose the wrong 3 when I play. My teams are for fun though. Even if some of my Pokemon are NU and such, if I would pick correctly I would have a chance at winning.

Is there any trick to this?

Last edited:
Years
What is a good defensive mon in SS?

My team is:
Azelf (lead)
CB Ttar
Disable Gengar
SD Excadrill
Sigilyph (I think about replacing this guy)
Wish Vappy

I'm not going to RMT cause I lack experience with gen 5, only looking for a viable replacement for Sigilyph. I thought of Latias but I can't figure out what set to use. It needs to be defensive btw but I can't find a defensive set for Latias.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
What is a good defensive mon in SS?

My team is:
Azelf (lead)
CB Ttar
Disable Gengar
SD Excadrill
Sigilyph (I think about replacing this guy)
Wish Vappy

I'm not going to RMT cause I lack experience with gen 5, only looking for a viable replacement for Sigilyph. I thought of Latias but I can't figure out what set to use. It needs to be defensive btw but I can't find a defensive set for Latias.

You should do an RMT! ;; Experience doesn't matter. Why not sign up for the tutoring class?

Anyway, Sigilyph is hard to use, since it rely's on using stat raising moves, Quagsire laughs at it. A defensive Latias set would be this;

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 6 Def / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Roar / Reflect / Wish
- Calm Mind / Reflect / Thunderwave

That's the most defensive set; his mono attack, or there's this;

Latias @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Surf / Substitute

Which is kinda defensive? ;;

Although if you're looking for something who can take a hit like beast use this;

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SpD
Ivs: 0 Speed
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed / Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball / Thunderwave / Protect

Ferrothorn is one of the best walls in game, enjoy! :D

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
hows my cloyster looking?
cloyster @ choice scarf
trait: skill link
nature: jolly
252 Attack 252 speed 4 Def

icicle spear
razor shell
ice shard
? ( need help with the 4th move)

so this is a rather odd cloyster because it is scarfed. my strategy with it is to attempt to outspeed most threats and take them out with icicle spear, or revenge kill with ice shard since it is a priority move. i figured most people would expect cloister to set up entry hazards rather than be scarfed so i kinda have an element of surprise on my side with this poke

i really need help with the 4th move btw. any help/comments/rating will be appreciated =)

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Most people actually run a Shell Smash Cloyster, which allows him to take down a lot of different types of pokemon due to Skill Link and its ability to ignore substitute (almost) and increase critical hit chance (because each of the five hits has a chance of hitting for a critical hit, effectively increases the chances by 5x).

Cloyster@White Herb / Life Orb
Jolly Nature [+Spe; -SpA]
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 208 Spe
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Razor Shell / Hydro Pump

Shell Smash, doubling speed and attack (and special attack if you decide to run Hydro Pump); White Herb will prevent your defense from falling, which is nice because Cloyster's naturally high defense stat can save him in a few cases; Life Orb adds more power obviously and ensure more OHKO's or 2HKO's. Icicle Spear and Rock Blast both abuse Skill Link, offering some coverage (albeit not much); Razor Shell and Hydro Pump are up to preference. If you're afraid of getting walled by the likes of Skarmory, Hydro Pump is a better option, whereas Shell Smash can be useful if you aren't worried about physical walls like Skarm. :] Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back