• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woman Sues Cap'n Crunch For Tricking Her

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
She sued after she found out that "crunch berries" are not real berries. I couldn't stop rolling after hearing about this.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
Years
XDDDDDDDDDDD either she's really dumb, or she thought she was really smart and thought her case couldn't fail. I'm going to eat some frosted flakes now, wait a minute these arn't frosted only covered in sugar SUED XD

Years
Poor lady, the court should give her glasses and a box of cap'n crunch. That cereal is nice if you feel like having an outburst of children's sugar.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020
It's pretty dumb and even though she might feel 'tricked' it's still not a reason to sue? Idek people find the most ridiculous reasons to sue.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can seriously not believe you can sue for a reason like this. Its a cereal. It would have said on the box somewhere that it didnt contain actual fruit, she just didnt think to look. People shouldnt sue for not paying attention or for their own carelessness. She shoudve read the label before buying it, so its her own fault.

Bela

Banned
Years
I'm surprised on two counts.

1. Freaky posting a TYT video
2. that dumb woman

This is an old video from over two years ago, but yeah. Pretty lawlzy.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
This has got to be a absolute joke.

Imagine someone suing apple because the iphone isn't powered by apple cores.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I'm surprised on two counts.

1. Freaky posting a TYT video
2. that dumb woman

This is an old video from over two years ago, but yeah. Pretty lawlzy.

TYT has funny stuff sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm pretty sure she didn't actually think crunch berries were real. She probably just wanted to sue thinking she can get money out of it.

Bela

Banned
Years
TYT has funny stuff sometimes. It's a guilty pleasure of mine.

I'm pretty sure she didn't actually think crunch berries were real. She probably just wanted to sue thinking she can get money out of it.

Even if she just wanted to sue, thinking she'd get money, she would be dumb to think the courts wouldn't dismiss her case.

Also glad to see you like some degree of TYT. =)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
And this America, is why your country is fat. People think "crunchberries" are a real fruit and french fries are considered vegetables.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
And this America, is why your country is fat. People think "crunchberries" are a real fruit and french fries are considered vegetables.

Well, french fries are vegetables. They're made from potatoes. Crunch Berries; however, are not even remotely made from real berries. I don't even think they taste like berries.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
...Oh dear, my respect for the human race has dropped dramatically.
Before this woman goes on another suing spree, there is probably no fruit in Fruit Loops either.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
this is almost as pathetic as the case where that guy sued lynx cause he didn't get chicks when he used their deoderant. the only difference is he won $50,000.

people will sue anyone for anything, if it means money and they think they have even the slightest idea that they could win.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
this is almost as pathetic as the case where that guy sued lynx cause he didn't get chicks when he used their deoderant. the only difference is he won $50,000.

people will sue anyone for anything, if it means money and they think they have even the slightest idea that they could win.

Either that, or he had no other hopes of getting chicks. xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Suing people is a profitable business if you can do it right. And yes, people do do it right. However, not everyone can do it right. Thus, you have this.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Suing people is a profitable business if you can do it right. And yes, people do do it right. However, not everyone can do it right. Thus, you have this.
This is so unbelievably true, but only really for the US with its mechanics for funding litigation. My litigation tutor has told many a tale of people starting proceedings for frivolous lawsuits in order to fear them into settling and getting money, only to repeat the process with more money to use.

The best one was a woman who sued a fish-foot spa (the place where they get fish to nibble the dead skin from your feet) for not having a disabled ramp despite the fact that 1) She never used the spa prior to her suit because 2) She'd lost her feet as a result of diabetes. That was funny to hear.

As for list action... bleh. I'd like to see some of the paperwork to see how it was filed out and who she's technically suing, but bleh all the same.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
Years
My footlong Subway sandwich was only 11.9 inches, therefore I should be able to sue them for all of their money. Right? RIGHT?

I think you could only really call it a business in the US. I never hear these kinds of absurd stories about courts in other countries. What does that say about the legal system, really?

Back