• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Easy Level Calculator

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Are you making your game with RMXP? Do you have loads of rebattles with the same trainer, where the trainer might have the same Pokemon, but they'd just be a different level? Or do you want to be able to rebattle a trainer, and have their Pokemon become stronger or weaker without creating a new PBS entry? There is a very simple solution for you, and it goes like this. Go to PokemonUtilities script and anywhere (outside a def of course) place the following code:
Code:
def pbLevelModifier(type,factor=nil)
  @levels=[]
  i=0
  ($Trainer.party.length).times do
    @levels.push($Trainer.party[i].level)
    i+=1
  end

@[email protected]
  @sum=$Trainer.party[0].level

i=1
  ($Trainer.party.length-1).times do
    @sum+=$Trainer.party[i].level
    i+=1
  end

@averagelevel=@sum/($Trainer.party.length)

if type=="max"
      level=@maxlevel*factor
    elsif type=="avg"
      level=@averagelevel
    end
  return level
end
The way you would use this is as follows: When creating a wild Pokemon Battle
Code:
pbWildBattle(species, pbLevelModifier([B]type[/B],[B]factor[/B]))
Where type should either be "max" (to find the highest party level) or "avg" (to find the average party level). Quotation marks around the types are needed! The factor value has to be filled in if wanting to find the maximum level, whereby the max level would be multiplied by the factor percentage (where 0.01 is 1% and 1.00 is 100%)
If you'd like to place it within trainer battles, you'll have to go into PokemonTrainers, and replace
Code:
    level=poke[1]
by
Code:
if $game_switches[[b]X[/b]]==true
    level=pbLevelModifier([B]type[/B],[B]factor[/B])
  else
    level=poke[1]
  end
Where the switch X would be your trigger for level calculations. You can play around with the scripts to adjust it any way you want, but this is just a very basic method to return either the maximum level, or the average level.

Years
Could you use this or something similar as a global modifier for all wild battles? I'm working on creating a pokemon game without a traditional storyline, so I'd really like to figure that out

Years
Figured it out, it actually wasn't that difficult. Just added this in PokemonEncoutersModifiers section

Spoiler:

The only problem I'm having is that I can't put any number that isn't an integer in the (type,factor) section. Is that something that is fixable?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I can't locate "level=poke[1]". I did a search with ctrl+shift+f and I didn't find anything.

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Because now it is "level=poke[TPLEVEL]"

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
The fact that it's outdated might help.
._.

Anyway, thanks, Venom12! It worked perfectly!

Back