• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hoenn Remake or Kanto Remake?

Which would you prefer?

• Hoenn Remake

Votes: 138 92.6%
  • Kanto Remake

Votes: 11 7.4%

• Total voters

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
As long as they can compensate for that god awful surfing tedium, then I'd be all for a Hoenn remake... but honestly, I get this strange feeling that GameFreak might put it off for the sixth generation. Besides, Kanto has essentially been reborn twice already.

Last edited:

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Hoenn, hands down. I enjoyed the region and all of the lovely Pokémon that came with it. I have seen far too much of Kanto for my own good and I think a re-make of Hoenn would be absolutely amazing. I can already imagine how the graphics might look on the 3DS.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Hoenn, most deffinitally. I loved the region and I didn't think so badly of the surfing routes. It was actually quite nice (including the diving and such). When I think back of playing Sapphire and Emerald, it's with fond nostalgia. Likewise with the Hoenn Battle song from the SSBB OST.

I would love for Hoenn to get a second chance at proving that it's a great region. As many said before, Kanto's been able to do that quite some times already. We know it's good, no reason to go through it again. Go for a less popular region. If it's money issues, people will buy it anyways. :B It's Pokémon, after all.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I choose Hoenn because that's where I start my first journey in Pokemon world. That will be great to experience the Hoenn region once again.

Last edited:

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Kanto remake has been done. Its Hoenn times to be remade. I actually enjoyed Hoenn. I think thats when the series changed

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I say Hoenn because it would look totally awesome and its the only region that hasn't been seen in 3D.Also, Kanto is in almost every region so it would be a bit boring.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I wouldn't want to see either, but if forced to choose one I would choose Kanto if only because Hoenn was such a badly laid-out region and so many of the region's Gym leaders and Elite Four were completely forgettable, boring characters.

I really can't say that I would buy either remake game, though.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I wouldn't want to see either, but if forced to choose one I would choose Kanto if only because Hoenn was such a badly laid-out region and so many of the region's Gym leaders and Elite Four were completely forgettable, boring characters.

I really can't say that I would buy either remake game, though.

Couldn't agree more. Hoenn is underrated, but IMO it deserves to be. Most of the reasons people like Hoenn are for gimmicks completely unrelated to the story or the battle system themselves (Trick House, Secret Bases).

Unova was a reboot they did right. Hoenn, one they did wrong.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Couldn't agree more. Hoenn is underrated, but IMO it deserves to be. Most of the reasons people like Hoenn are for gimmicks completely unrelated to the story or the battle system themselves (Trick House, Secret Bases).

Unova was a reboot they did right. Hoenn, one they did wrong.

So what? They were IN the Hoenn games, so people are allowed to like Hoenn because of its exclusive features such as the Trick House and Secret Bases. They were exclusive to Hoenn, so trying to say it deserves to be underrated because people like its gimmicky aspects is clearly just your biased opinion against Hoenn.

Your post just seems like a personal dislike rather than a logical argument of why it deserves to be underrated.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
Kanto |Hoenn
Gen I: R/B/Y/G |
Gen II: G/S/C |
Gen III: FR/LG |Gen III: R/S/E
Gen IV: HG/SS |
Total: 12 |Total: 3
Seriously? Give me a break, Kanto is used too much, although I do love it, especially in HG/SS another remake would be pointless. Hoenn hasn't gotten squat even though it had good gameplay, pokeblocks, trick house, bases, contests, new pokemon, soot sack, diving. Also, if they remade it they could improve the storyline like in HG/SS and make it more climactic, thrilling, surprising, etc. I find that Hoenn could easily do with a remake, they even have the new trainer sprites ready, animation, repel system xD, maybe make it harder, but overall, Hoenn needs a remake, with such high demand for it GF will have to make it or disappoint the fan base which would not be good for them.

~Sincerely
PikakittenX, Extreme(speed) Hoenn Fan

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
There would be no point in remaking Kanto a second time, as, y'know, it's been remade already.
While Hoenn hasn't been remade yet. So my vote goes to Hoenn.

(That, and Kanto is just too boring; nothing special to see or do in there.)

GF will have to make it or disappoint the fan base which would not be good for them.

I hope you realise the fan base would buy the newest Pokémon game regardless of it being a R/S remake or not.

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
Broadly - Kanto's already been remade and Hoenn hasn't, so it makes much more sense for Hoenn to be remade next.

Personally - Kanto bores me, while Hoenn is probably my favorite region and definitely my favorite dex, so it's no contest. I'd MUCH prefer a Hoenn remake.

And conceptually - with the varied and scenic terrain AND popularity of the region, Hoenn would be a fitting place for GF to show off the potential of the 3DS, so I think it's quite safe to assume that we'll see Hoenn remakes, and that's what we'll see them on.

DelightedTurk

Hipsterest Hypno in the land
Years
For me personally I'd love an R/S/E remake. Ruby was the first Pokémon game I completed, and the experience for me was amazing. The nostalgia I get from just playing them is surreal, but in 3D it would blow my mind!

That in mind, I wouldn't mind a FR/LG remake, but would they make a remake of a remake?

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2012
I'd like a hoenn remake, but I'd like the battle frontier set in kanto like the anime

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
Hmm...I personally love both regions, Kanto was thrilling in SoulSilver, but it's already had it's time to shine far too much...

In a neutral position, it would have to be Hoenn, simply because it's region has only been featured once, which was when it was released. I think Hoenn deserves to take the stage...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Hoenn. It hasnt been remade yet, or seen in 3D. I miss it and I wana see it updated!

Also, we've seen enough of Kanto.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'd love both, I'd actually want Kanto more, but I feel Hoenn is much more likely. From a business standpoint, Nintento would thrive with the amount of fans that are itching to play Hoenn on their DS's, and potentially in 3D. Although this is a minor reason, many R/S cartridge's batteries have run dry within the past year or two as well. A ds card would be a great replacement and gesture from Nintendo I think.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2013
Kanto has kind of had 2 full remakes (1/2 in S/G/C, 1 for FR/LG,1/2 for HG/SS). Everyone has played in Kanto, not everyone has played in Hoenn since Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald were released 10 years ago. Besides, its not the story people care about (disclaimer: that is a speculative generalization), its the region itself, the cities/towns, and the pokemon found there that we want.

Back