• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X/Y Egg RNG Trick Guide

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

RNG Trick in X/Y

Pre-requisites

• Destiny Knot
  • Everstone (optional)
  • Hatching O-Power (optional)
  • Access to Kiloude City, post-game (optional, but the IV Judge is in the Pokemon Center)
  • Decent sized pool of multiple Ditto/Pokemon with good IVs (Friend Safari guarantees at least 2 perfect stats)
  • Scouting Parents: Gather two breedable Pokemon with different IVs from each other. Know both their exact IVs or at least narrowed IV ranges.
    130.png
    Male 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
    130.png
    Female 8-9 / 21 / 4 / 17 / 23 / 14

The Process

1. Put your two Scouting Parents into the Day Care. I like to use two Gyarados to scout the egg inheritance of the next 1 frame because Magikarp hatches very quickly. In this example, I'm using a male Gyarados with six perfect IVs and a female Gyarados with crappy random IVs like above. One must hold the Destiny Knot, and if you prefer ideal natures, make the other parent hold the Everstone then.
  2. Bike around until the Day Care Man is facing the road and has an egg. Reject the egg. Save.
  3. Continue bicycling around until he has another egg. Collect it, hatch it, and note its nature and characteristic.
  4. Find out the baby's IVs. Take it to to the IV Judge in Kiloude to pinpoint any perfect 31 IVs. Then, go to the Battle Institute to check its exact IVs (take a cab to it in Northern Lumiose City).
  5. Start figuring out the baby's egg inheritance. In my example, the newborn Magikarp has the following IVs:
    129.png
    8 / 13 / 4 / 31 / 31 / 31 This means the baby inherited the flawless Spatk, Spdef, and Speed from the male. The baby inherited terrible HP and Defense from the female. The IV not inherited was 13 in Attack, considered the wildcard. I'll illustrate the inheritance using a red F if the female passed the IV down and a blue M if the male passed the IV down. The wildcard IV is *.
    129.png
    F / * / F / M / M / M
  6. Soft Reset the game using L+R+Start. Reload your save from the point where you had just rejected the egg.
  7. If you like the spread, go into the Day Care building and look in your PC storage for a couple matching the inheritance. In this example, the inheritance is good for a special sweeper since Attack isn't important. I need a female with perfect stats in HP and Defense and then I withdraw my desired female. My perfect Gyarados is fine for me to keep on using.
  8. Place the new couple of your desired species with Everstone & Destiny Knot equipped in the Day Care. Bike around for an egg. Collect it, hatch it, and take it to the IV Judge. It should have inherited the same IVs that you earlier found.
  9. If you do not like the spread and/or do not have anything that can make use of the spread: Reject the egg. Save. Bike around for the next egg and start at Step 3 above.
Nov 14 edit: Genders didn't seem to change inheritance spread, but the baby may switch genders if you're using different gender ratios than from the scouting parents. You don't have to use a father with 6 perfects; it was an example. Both parents should have different numbers from each other as otherwise, if both have have 9 in Attack, you can't tell which one passed the stat down to the baby, now would you? You don't have to reject the egg in the beginning. I stopped doing that and this trick still worked. The inheritance was set the moment I collected the previous egg, apparently. Dec 13 edit: Everstone is not required, but it is used to pass one parent's nature down 100% of the time.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Very nice! ^_^
Should help a lot of people.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Yay, thanks for the mini guide blade! :D

Reactions: EB

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Bookmarked. :)
I'll redirect people here from the chat.

Yin

Almost Competitive Trainer
Years
Thanks TwilightBlade.
For someone who is totally clueless like myself that was pretty easy to understand.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Does one parent need to be flawless for this to work?
No, those are just the parents she's using to scout for her spread. It's just to show that you should use parents with different IVs as scout parents. Like my scouting parents are:

Spoiler:

ChaosCrystal

黒竜 影
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 16, 2014
Does the M have to have the perfect IVs to be passed down or use destiny knot with?

No, what the destiny knot does is it tkaes 5 of the 12 IV values from the parents and passes them down to the baby,

so long as you have parents with 31 IVs in the passing stats you can garantee a 5 perfect IVs poke

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
It's possible, that's really all we can say. If you got lucky, 5 of the perfect IVs would get passed, and then the rng would generate the 6th perfect one, giving you a flawless baby. There's a bunch of people who've already gotten a couple of flawless pokemon this way but I'm pretty sure the vast majority is happy to keep babies with the 31 IVs in the right place rather than go for flawless.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2015
This works. I can confirm it!!! I do think gender is locked if the ratio is the same. Cause I use magikarps as scouts and I had a female egg. Had the spread I want. I placed in my greninja and marill. The marill egg end up as a male but had the spread I want. Can't wait to see further research on this. Hope they can find a way to get shinies easy.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Why is the characteristic important when breeding flawless poke?

Second I have these Gible I am trying to breed perfect

F Gible (Destiny Knot)
Jolly
31/31/31/31/23/7
Takes plenty of Siestas

M Gible (everstone)
Jolly
31/19/15/31/23/7
Mischievous.

What do I need to do to get a more perfect Gible?

Years
Keep breeding until you have two quints or better. At least keep breeding until you have all six stats covered with a 31 somewhere, currently you are missing special defense and speed.

With garchomp you can do without special attack... So I would be satisfied with 31/31/31/x/31/31. Flawless will still be quite difficult to get naturally, with the 6th stat being random.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I don't usually use quint parents when doing RNG. I just catch a bunch of parents that have at least 3 perfect IVs and use those. x]

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Finally started breeding, best guide evarrrr! Like usual blade, got my first quint pokemon last night! woots for real breeding!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
After lot of reset this method locked my Ability and Gender of my mawile. I kept getting the same ability and gender combo even after 15 resets. If you want a shiny with it you can still try to find a foreign pokemon to breed the 5/6 iv one and have more chance at getting shiny by combining it with Masuda Method.

Back