• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
Heeeyyy Nakuzami. n_n;

What do you think of this pixel art of your Cirreon?

Cirreon_sprite_zpsc3c086b2.png

I took some small, creative liberties like removing the fluff around the paws. It just seemed too busy, what with the main fluff's location. I also added a second layer to the wings, and lightened Cirreon up a touch. Now it's like a super light periwinkle. I still want to honor the original design though, so I hope I didn't change it too much. ;o; Feel free to make any changes / suggestions / comments you deem fit. :)

Also, I really like the fox a lot. It looks so pretty and feminine without crossing the line into Vulpix or Fennekin. I'll happily draw the dog counterpart when I have the time. :)

Ooohh I really like it anyway :) Wonder how the Fairy types will look? Anyone got any ideas? =P

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey Consumer! Welcome to our little project!

Wow, you sure had to go back quite a ways to find that post. :o And funny you should mention Fairy types. We were just wondering the same thing ourselves. ;p

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I think we're all entitled to whatever interpretation of "fairy" we come up with.

You think they're demons, draw a demon. You think they're pixies, draw a pixie. You think they're something else?! Draw it. Personally, I think all ideas have potential. The thing is, nothing on the main page is the be-all-end-all. If you decide 6 months down the road that, wow, that [insert fakemon] sucks now, you can redraw it! :) So Sunny, draw whatever you want. And if we go back later and decide it could be enhanced to fit a "better" definition of Fairy-Type as per Game Freak's opinions, so be it.

I trust you guys and your artistic intuition. There's no reason we can't showcase all the different facets of a "fairy" as we understand it.

Oh no no no!
I didn't mean it like a negative message! :O

I was pointing out how ironic it was that we were talking about disliking the idea that we didn't like having tinkerbells and whatnot, and then Gamefreak made one themselves :P

I totally know everyone has different views and stuff!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
:O I didn't mean mine as a negative message either! <3 Yeah sorry I was just doing my broad, reaching all members, "I'm the mod so I say this", kind of thing so there was no confusion on our stance. xD

-Oops

um no
Years
  • Seen Oct 27, 2013
7VMreUM.png

Here's one more. I used a different style this time as I looked up some tutorials.
It's a psychic cow? Not sure whether it should be only Psychic or something else too.
It looks ugly when I resize it though.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Color it yellow and it's a preevo of Girafarig.

Lol, no it's very cute. What kind of tutorials did you use? Cause if they're good I'll put them in the first post or something. :]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Both those designs look adorable Oops and I agree with Alexial, if you can provide the tutorial video Im sure it will a lot of people out, hell I might give it a watch there are things I need to improve on.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2016
Hi every1!

Well heres my design 4 the pseudo-legendary dragon type. ive done them as dragon/fire and again they are not named as of yet so if anyone has any ideas on names that would be good. the 3rd form i was thinking Eruptersaur?

Let me know what you guys think. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Those look beastly Hex, I'm really liking the colors. The 3rd one is my favorite haha.

Oops@ Thanks for sharing the video man, I learned a thing or two about shading there. :)

Years
I just went through this whole thread... I'm okay to contribute something if you guys don't mind. Might take me a while to get around to it.

Also
@Hex - That last design is awesome but it looks more like a Rock or maybe even Fighting than a Dragon. Just my little bit of input there.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Welcome Gimmepie!

And what a fighter, for going through all 22 pages of this thread!

And anyway, I should have a Poison type up soon, and I'm planning to design a fake for every type so each one gets my love ;______;

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
PIE, I've never seen you art. Let me see you art!

I kind of did a sketch earlier of a fairy type, although I never finished it. I don't know if I like it anymore, lol. It was going to be a small Elemental Sprite with five forms: Fairy type, Fairy/Fire type, Fairy/Flying type, Fairy/Water type, and Fairy/Ground type.

Now I'm trying out my skills on GIMP and using some things I learned from that video that Oops posted on the last page.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Instead of adding that tutorial Oops provided to this page, I'm going to add it to A&D's Resource Thread. :)

Hex hmm.. Part of me thinks your design is best suited as our "Gigalith" rather than our "Hydreigon"... but the other half of me thinks, well, who set the standard for dragons anyway? Altaria shares nothing with dragons, and Charizard isn't one while still having a quintessential dragon design. I do think, though, that no matter where it ends up on our dex, it should have a secondary Rock typing. It just ~feels~ Rock.

Gimmepie! Welcome to our project! Please, please contribute at your own pace. While we're all very excited to see what you have to offer, we understand that art doesn't happen overnight. So take your time! I'm sure whatever your design is will be worth the wait.

Nakuzami, you should still keep going with that idea. Moreover if you're going to be honing your digital skills! Those designs sound really strong and should be a perfect conduit to your new-found digital talents. :] Good luck nevertheless. I'm sure GIMP will click with you.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Well I finished this pokemon ive been working on today, its fairly simple but I think its alright. Its based on a swordfish but I haven't come up with a name yet, maybe I should just call it Swordfish haha? It will have an evolution based on a Sawfish, but I haven't finished the design.

9swl83.gif

Name: Knifish
Type: Water/Steel
Classification: Sword Pokemon

Special Abilities
Swift Swim: Boosts the Pokémon's Speed in rain.
New Ability* Sharp Body: Upon entering battle Attack its raised by one stage. If hit by physical move Attack decreases one stage.

Last edited:
Years
How about Knifish or Lancish?

I'm not overly sure what to do... My artistic ability is fairly limited but more than that there's already a lot here. What is this dex lacking?

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
How about Knifish or Lancish?

I'm not overly sure what to do... My artistic ability is fairly limited but more than that there's already a lot here. What is this dex lacking?

This dex is missing a lot! Well, kinda.

We are lacking in Fire, Ground, Bug, Psychic, Steel and Dragon types, and Fairy but that's understandable.

That reminds me . . . I should try doing one of the generic bug types. That should be simple enough, no?

@Alexial - Hmm . . . maybe I can make it look a bit better if I do it straight from the computer. If only I had a tablet . . . lol. I've only ever used a tablet once, the other week in art, and that will likely be the only time I will use one . . . it was fun, though. I kind of just messed around with gradients and scribbled a bit.
Spoiler:

That's also the only time I'll really ever have access to PhotoShop. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Knifish sounds like a good name, Ill use it. Gimmepie you can also do a personalized pokemon.

EDIT:

I havent done one of these in a while

The name's Jim

So this new design is gonna be based on an Earthworm. First of all the typing, at first I thought Bug/Ground would be a given but then I remembered earthworms aren't insects so the type doesn't match. It could either be pure Ground type or Ground and another type. The design itself its tricky because if it wasn't for Excadrill already existing, the design would basically write itself. Ive chosen 2 different design routes that could be used instead.

1. Accordion Body- The body would be divided into 2 or 3 parts with Accordion Pallets(yes I looked that up lol) uniting them. This would be based on how earthworms move by expanding and contracting isolated areas of the body to move.

2. Magnetic segments- This would look like Onix a bit but the body its made of a lot of magnetic segments that can separate at will, also I think that giving this design 2 faces would play well with the earthworm characteristic that if being cut in half the two halfs would work individually.

Im living a lot of room for creativity so anyone who wants to take on this design, good luck.

Last edited:
Years
I don't think a pie pokemon is that good an idea though...
It's evolution could be Bladish xD

Perhaps a mirror pokemon? As a reference to the medusa myth? Or I think the cockatrice is a greek myth.

Back