• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Audino

Years
I remember having a conversation with Nica and she asked me to bring this topic up.

Well, your wish has been granted.

So, one thing B/W introduced to us was an altered EXP system where the amount of EXP points gained focuses on the ratio between your Pokemon's level and the opponent Pokemon's level.

And also, may I introduce the cute pink rabbit we love to hunt in the shaking grass to grab that tasty EXP - Audino!

20110430104351%21531Audino_BW_anime.png

This pink rabbit may look cute, but it gives you all the EXP you need.

Take down loads of these things and you get loads of EXP points you level up faster than you would if you knock out other Pokemon.

However, it doesn't come without its annoyances. It loves to spam infatuation on you with Attract, put you to sleep with Secret Power and even hit hard with Take Down/Double-Edge.

Now I want to hear your thoughts on this:

Do you think Audino helped you grind easier? What's your general thoughts about Audino, do you consider it just a gimmick or a Pokemon worthy of use? If it were possible, would you change Audino to be more of a normal Pokemon, rather than being "rare" and found only in shaking grass?

To discuss how the experience system and grinding in general has been harder or easier, use this thread I'm linking to.

Go ahead and discuss cos I'd love to hear about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I thought the new Xp system definitely made things easier. For the first time in the history of the series I was able to comfortably train a team of 8 or 9, switching them off once in a while. Doing that in any other game would have been hellish lol.

I did also like finding the odd Audino and turning it into Audino soup, but I wasn't really hunting for them. It was more a mater of whether I happen to see the grass shaking when I'm training in the normal grass.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yes, yes it did. I've never leveled a Pokemon to level 80 until I got B/W. I usually can't get over 60 before it becomes mind numbing chore.

I can get to 60 from level 1 in about an hour in Giant Chasm, and then from there another hour or so of grinding with the Pokemon in question gets me to 80ish.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I thought the new Xp system definitely made things easier. For the first time in the history of the series I was able to comfortably train a team of 8 or 9, switching them off once in a while. Doing that in any other game would have been hellish lol.
Totally agree with this. I also did this is White 2 :D

Yes, I believe new XP system is good for low leveled Pokémon but it gets kinda annoying when you're training higher leveled Pokémon... :D

As for the Audinos... I'm not hunting them but yeah, I'm pretty happy when I can find one and it gives me lotta EXPs :D
Especially interesting place to find them is the little grass patch (or park if you want) in Castelia City in B2W2. Since I was looking for Eevees, I also found many Audions there :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hey guys just so you know discuss the EXP system and how you feel about it in that other thread linked in the first post. n_n

Anyway as for my actual thoughts of Audino... I find it one of the greatest things Unova has brought. XD; I like how it's the helping Pokemon, and I do train with the help of it BUT I CAN'T HELP FEELING BAD. ;___;

Sirfetch’d

I like audino and once you get the bike shaking grass is quite common. The only drawback to level grinding with it you will more than likely have 252 evs in hp unless you have already ev trained, but that is unlikely in the normal playthrough. I did it with my serperior and it had perfect evs in hp and it really hurt its stats elsewhere.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
They also love to heal you with Heal Pulse, so you don't want to fight it with an Espeon holding Magic Bounce; it will send the Heal Pulse right back at the user.

Cyclone

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In-game, I stayed away from Audino because they gave out HP EVs. When I'm done EV training, I don't mind if I run into one, so that I can get massive EXP.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Even if I'm hopelessly above its level, I see one, i fight it. And it gives decent (comparatively) xp even to my lvl 70s. To see that bar move even one notch is amazing if u just fought a lvl 19 with a lvl 72.

Never bothered hunting them tho, too much of a chore.

Years
The problem is to obtain exp when you're in 70's level...

But Audino is a very good pokemon he allows you to grew up quickly than another pokemon.

Also, if I have more than one pokemon to train at the same time, I put

Lucky egg to the first pokemon (Jellicent for his spectre type) and one or two multi exp to another(s) pokemon(s).

I really like Audino. I caught him shiny (first, I though it's just an "image" pokemon. But once I started to play with him, I understood that is a good pokemon). Unfortunately, we can only have 6 pokemon in our team.

So mine is :

593.gif
637.gif
644.gif
584.gif
596.gif
538.gif

For the moment, I have Throh in my team but when my internet provider will give us an update for our box to support the wep key code. I could trade to obtain
589.gif

I'm not a fan of Normal type in general. And I don't know which one replace by an Audino. So, I stay with this team... but I train audino (with his attack panel it's easy to win).

If I could I give him the Normal/Dark types. Or the Normal/Grass type.

If we could give him a second type, I think I put him in my team. But with only one type, I think we should have 9 pokemons in our team to integrate him in mine. (Before, I prefer to add a Dark and Steel type).

Last edited:
Years
I've never gone out of my way to hunt for Audino, but any time I see shaking grass I make sure that any Pokemon I need to train is holding a Lucky Egg and at the front of the party before I step in. Since I'm not much of an EV trainer either, I don't mind if my Pokemon face Audino on the off chance I see one.

Years
I really liked how there was always Audino to turn to in case of a desperate need of training (pokemon not strong enough to face trainers or gym leaders) I don't hunt them too often, but I love the experience gain you get when facing them :D

I think Audino is gimmicky, but still worthy of use. I'd like to use one sometime as I feel it could be really interesting. They definitely helped me grind easier, as when I rarely did grinding in White I mainly went for Audinos. I personally like how it's a "rare" pokemon, it makes it just a little bit harder and makes players more aware of the shaking grass/pokemon that can only be obtained in shaking grass.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Later on, that shaking grass can hide some other special finds, too. Gliscor, for instance, is only found in shaking grass in eastern Unova (most notably Route 11).

Cyclone

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Actually, I don't think I've ever actively battled Audinos for experience.
The trainers gave plenty of exp as it was, and post-game Audino are just too low-level.

So all the training is done at Giant Chasm and the stadiums.
I wish BW had VS seeker so much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Nica would enslave people to talk about Audino. ;)

Anyway, if the shoe fits wear it! & You know Audino's looks can be deceiving. It wants you to feel sorry but really, they're all going to take over the world one day - let's gain the EXP from them without regrets. :p It's very nifty to just run around until you see a shaking grass patch (which can be really easy if you run alongside the grass and not directly in it, they appear so much quicker that way). It definitely gave a boost in training, and I like it. I don't see how it's rare if you use my little technique of running alongside the grass, but I suppose GameFreak made it that way because its of such amazing use and it had to be "fair". So just for that matter, I wouldn't want a change in the rate we find them at. It even makes it easier to catch a shiny one, possibly!

Years
I wasn't a fan of the new EXP system in B/W when it debuted. I was used to the older system so much. The fact that if you're Pokemon is at a higher level than the wild one means you get less EXP than if you face the same level Pokemon with one of yours at a lower level, which you then get more.

Over time, I have warmed up to the new system after I got the Lucky Egg and EXP Share. Just have your higher level Pokemon beat up wild ones and let your lower level Pokemon get the majority of the EXP.

As for Audino... I'm surprised it hasn't been driven to extinction by now! As soon as I found how that Pokemon is nothing but an EXPcow, I went after it every time I saw that shaking grass! I even caught an Audino and named it "EXPcow". Many, many Audino have fallen to my Pokemon in Unova.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I like Audino, they make it so much more easier to level grind. Another thing is that you get lucky egg so easily in these games, unlike FRLG where you found Chansey (1% chance and 5% chance of finding lucky egg on it.) the shaking grass is also pretty common too.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I like Audino, they make it so much more easier to level grind. Another thing is that you get lucky egg so easily in these games, unlike FRLG where you found Chansey (1% chance and 5% chance of finding lucky egg on it.) the shaking grass is also pretty common too.
In fact, not just FR/LG, but every Pokémon game leading up to and including HG/SS has the 5% chance of a Lucky Egg and no more outside of Chansey.

Cyclone

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
I wouldn't use Audino as a Pokemon in my team. It reminds me of Chansy, and I hate chansy. XD

As for the inordinate amount of EXP it gives you by defeating it...I love it...especially after you beat the Elite 4 and N...all my Pokemon were like at level 45 when I beat them...then all of a sudden wild Pokemon are in the 50's, Trainers are in the 60's, and Elite 4 is in the 70's...its insane...so they were definitely a help in bulking up my Pokemon's levels.

Back