• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Metal & Color Generation Help Thread

Best secondary Pokemon Growlithe, Abra, or Machop?

• Growlithe

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Abra

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Machop

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
okay, this is my question, and it may ,make me sound stupid, but i'm gonna ask it anyway. on pkmn red, i'm having trouble catching zapdos. People have said you need to throw ultra balls or else it will miss. i am throwing ultra balls, and it still misses! people have also said you need to throw ultra balls and get it's health down low with a status condition. i did that with toxic right down to where it had one hp left! and the ultra balls still missed! and some people said that you need to catch it with a master ball, but when my sister was on her pokemon blue, she didn't use a master bal to catch it! help!

For the love of God don't use Toxic! Never use poison as your status effect because it will eventually ko the pokemon.

Get it's HP down into the red, as low as you can get it, and put it to sleep. Paralyzing it will work too but putting it to sleep works better. Then toss ultra balls at it.

It's gonna take awhile because a lot of them miss, but eventually one should work. Save before you start the battle because Zapdos is really hard to catch, as is Articuno and Moltres.

Just buy as many ultra balls as you can. Great balls will also work in a pinch but it will be harder to catch with those ones.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
Years
Okay, I have two questions.

First: Does anyone know a working mew glitch for the Blue verson. I've heard of alot of them, but most just screw your game up or don't work. Also not sure if I am aloud to ask this.

Second: For Crystal, how do you find the Rock Smash TM. I feel like screaming form how hard it is.

The glitch IIMarckus gave you works but! keep in mind the Mew is at level 7 XD so make sure you bring a bunch of weak pokemon! and at least one strong one so that just in case.. you probably won't have to worry about getting your weak pokemon killed :P as with any legendary bring plenty of ultra balls and good luck!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2009
BEST WAY TO BEAT BUGSY ON CRYSTAL VERSION?

i have a level 21 bayleef and he doesnt seem to do any damage to scyther and i always die.please help me

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
MAYBE YOU SHOULD PRESS CAPS LOCK *Presses Caps Lock* Now that looks better... on-topic Bayleef generally woun't do any damage to a Scyther so maybe try catching a Hoot-Hoot or Pidgey and training it up, till it learns Wing Attack and then it'll beat Scyther.

Kudra

IV breeder
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 3, 2013
Scyther is 4x weak to rock attacks, so just one or two rock throws from geodude or onix will beat it. It is also 4x resistant to grass attacks so don't just teach Bayleef all grass attacks. Don't just go through the game with one pokemon, also. It is generally a bad idea.

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Start out with a Hinoarashi (Cyndaquil) next time. ^_~ It's quick, easy, and it'll be leveled up by the time you get to the gym!

Years
Well...I didn't have that problem, 'cuz I started with a Cyndaquil (isn't that obvious?) But you should just catch a Pidgey and level it up...they're very helpful as well :) Ugh...but when I was battling Whitney I sure had a tough time.............

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
Years
You need to level up any rock or flying type, preferably Spearow or Onix (in my opinion. Pidgey, hoothoot, or even zubat might do better). If you have other games, I suggest trading a phanphy or larvitar to yourself, since both will slaughter anything bugsy throws against you.

syphilis

lul spread the love.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 12, 2012
if you don't mind going back to violet city, you can catch a growlithe in the route above the city near the "weird tree".

Years
Get a rock, flying, or fire type as others as mention.

Also, it seems like you are trying to raise your starter only. A big giveaway is the fact that is already at Level 21 by the second gym. Raise one or two extra Pokemon of different types later in the game or you will have trouble with the Elite Four.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Whenever in this situation, I always just caught a Pidgey or Geodude and raised it :/

To be honest, a geodude will help you out greatly at the next gym too.

*~Frost Umbreon~*

TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.
Years
I just train all my Pokemon to level 20 by now. XD

If you're too lazy to take the time to train your Pokemon, you could just catch a Growlithe outside of Violet, or in Union Cave, you can catch a Geodude or an Onix. You could also trade a Bellsprout for an Onix in Violet City. If you're close to nighttime, catch a Hoothoot, you could also counter back with your own Bug-type, even though I don't recommend that.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
Years
Here's a list of Pokemon you can catch that will help you in this situation.

-Pidgey
-Spearow
-Hoothoot
-Geodude
-Onix
-Growlithe

Might have missed one or two, but either way... just catch one or two of them and train them up.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
DV Calculator?

Does anybody know of a method of checking a poke's DVs? Any help would be greatly appreciated =]

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
Years
You're probably making some minor mistake, like switching the eyes or parts of the fossil. Just keep switching things over and you'll get it.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
The puzzle should look like this when it's finished:
Spoiler:

I usually get either the eyes or the bumps on the bottom mixed up, so check and see if one of those needs to be switched around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back